Quick question/clarification on tents

KnightKlaw

As someone who takes up 2 beds in a cabin by setting up a cot... I'm planning to tent camp as much as is feasible this season so I'm not in the way.

The fee schedule page on the site specifically states "PERIOD" tent for that registration... and I've been working on the finances needed to purchase a Sibley, similar (identical, actually) to what Faren uses... but I probably wont' have it for the opener.

That said, I do have a big non-period tent. Would that be acceptable short-term? I can also grab some linen painter's drop-cloths to throw over it until I have something legit.

Is there a place for non-period tents to be set up? (Perhaps in the small valley next to the parking lot so it's not as immersion-breaking?)

Will he be a legal target for the murder hobos with said tent and painters canvas?

My expectation is to always be a legal target for, and thereby requiring countermeasures to, murder hobos.

if it's non period, then go camp near the cars... but please do try to make it in period. When the goblins slit your throat as you sleep, I want them to know where to find you!

I am planning on bringing my period tent but not camping in it. If you would like to borrow it for this event then please feel free to do so :)
and it should definitely be large enough for you.

Yeah, I was kind of curious as well. I have made a 'Viking' tent out of bulk canvas and wood (I cut it up and then sewed it all back together to make it look like a primitive orc tent)... but I wasn't sure if there was an area designated for tents? Is it by the parking lot?

Period tents can preeetty much go up anywhere on the in-game areas you want it to go, but theres this really neat, large, fire-pit area half-way between the back of the tavern and another patch of trees (so in a big meadow) that tent campers are being encouraged to set up around together- company and combat help but largely the game is looking to start an IC tent area like how we have 2 main sections of cabins clustered together. And it is the ONLY area being allowed to have fire in that fire pit right now.

Modern looking tents are banished to the parkinglot-ish area : ) (if said modern looking tents look atleast non-stick-outy as theyve been covered or modified or decorated to not look modern, thats ok for the IC area too)

Period tents can preeetty much go up anywhere on the in-game areas you want it to go, but theres this really neat, large, fire-pit area half-way between the back of the tavern and another patch of trees (so in a big meadow) that tent campers are being encouraged to set up around together- company and combat help but largely the game is looking to start an IC tent area like how we have 2 main sections of cabins clustered together. And it is the ONLY area being allowed to have fire in that fire pit right now.

Modern looking tents are banished to the parkinglot-ish area : ) (if said modern looking tents look atleast non-stick-outy as theyve been covered or modified or decorated to not look modern, thats ok for the IC area too)

Alright, thanks for the info; I'll probably need to ask for directions to where the meadow is when I get there. How soon do people start showing up and setting up? I wasn't sure what time the park opened/we were allowed to be there and setting up camp?

Lee, I'm headed out from the office straight out there come Friday afternoon. I can a pick up stop enroute there so lemme know if you want to convey out there.

Lee, I'm headed out from the office straight out there come Friday afternoon. I can a pick up stop enroute there so lemme know if you want to convey out there.

OK, thanks. I'll double check my schedule (I actually took vacation days, so I should be good). What time were you hoping to head up? I should be able to start leaving around 4pm; I live on the Western side of the Springs though, so I'm not sure where you would like to meet up so I can follow you?

I'll be leaving from Widefield, gotta pick up Kim's boys I you anywhere near their place on 85/87.

I'll likely be on site around 4:30 or so, and after I've set up and unloaded am likely to try and head down to help set up NPC camp if that's needed.

I'll be leaving from Widefield, gotta pick up Kim's boys I you anywhere near their place on 85/87.
Don't worry about me, though I appreciate the convoy offer. I'm hoping to get there around 5-5:30 tomorrow, depending when I can escape work.

Back