Quicken Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
When I prepare Quicken multiple times, do I have to designate that they are all for the same casting, or can I use them in whatever increments I wish?

For example, I prepare Quicken four times for the Preserve ritual, do I have to designate at Logistics that I'm using them all at once, or can I just prepare it, and when I cast, I can choose to use one, two or all four at once?

My read on it is that you can choose to use one, two or all four, but they're "locked" to a Preserve ritual. So in general there isn't a benefit not to use all four at once unless you plan on casting two of the same ritual.

Upvote 0
That was what I meant, actually. I was trying to figure out if I had to designate if the preparation was for a fixed amount of rituals, or if I could just spend them in any increment (assuming it's still for the same rit type).

Upvote 0
Sorry if I wasn't clear. My read over of the Ritual Manipulation rules and Ritual rules is that you choose how many of the Quicken Ritual Manipulation tags you'd hand over to the Ritual Marshall at the beginning of the ritual during prep, and that you can hand over 1 to 4 of them. There's no requirement that I see where you have to have it linked to a specific ritual scroll, but rather to a specific ritual that you have a scroll for when you go through logistics. It reads as possible, though a bit silly, to run through logistics and set a Ritual Manipulation off of your buddy's Ritual Scroll on the off chance that you find that specific ritual during the event.

Upvote 0
The ritual manipulation rules clearly specify that you must present the scroll to be manipulated at logistics, not a scroll of the same type, and all tags will note the specific manipulation and specific scroll they are attached to. You also must show that you have the components to cast said ritual (which are different per scroll). Pg 136-137

The intent is extremely clear that you prepare to manipulate a specific, single scroll, attempting to prep off of someone else's goes against this by the wording and spirit of the rules (even if you arguably find one with the EXACT same component requirements.)

Thus if you are preparing multiple quickens, you must assign how many go to each scroll, even if you are casting 4 different preserve rituals of the same flavor. Like spell crafting you don't have to use it, but you only have the option to use those manipulations with the exact scroll presented at logistics.

Upvote 0
I still get a different read off that passage, but I see what you're saying David. Contrasting it with Spellcrafting though really drives home the intent you're speaking of and I rescind my former argument.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back