Rally Against The Smiling One

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
On behalf of the Kingdoms of Good, let it be known that the following nations are in a joint alliance to deal with the increased reports of Seer activity across all of Prademar: Wayside, The Northlunds, The Eternal Empire, The Dayspear Dynasty, The Golden Leaf Crown and The Ternian Empire. Thanks to Duke Suswani our ships have used Sun Bay as a staging ground to press upon the Twilight Dynasty given the invitations the entity known as The Smiling One presented to each Head of State.

We expect a quick and decisive victory against this creature. From all reports this Multi-Eyed floating Orb has the power to enslave creatures to its will.

The Kingdoms of Good will press the surface of the Twilight Dynasty and provide intelligence as to the lair of this tyrant when available in the coming days. We understand the Adventurers of Wayside provided a monumental service in this last market, and we request your aid once more.

May this truly be the final step toward One Prademar.

• Royal Scribe Harly Jackayn

Royal Scribe Jackayn,

What diplomatic efforts have been taken to parlay with the Smiling One? Have they all failed? Are we to presume that this entity is malicious in nature? Do we know from whence it came? And additional details could prove vital.

Thank You
Lady FallingStar

The following is of an account by the Master Runesmith Grun upon his rescue by Adventurers visiting the Twilight Dynasty. The briefing was done by High Magistrate Alistair Morgan:

"I was in stasis for years upon years by the Elder Dragons. It was only recently that my stasis was interrupted and I wandered the tunnels underneath Anret for many weeks. Soon I found the gnomes, or rather they found me. They were fascinated with my runesmithing. They brought me to their leader who they deemed, The Smiling One. Long had I known of Beyonders, but never had I seen one. When I refused to create equipment for him I was enslaved to it's will day after day until I could no longer resist. I remember it all though. The entire nation working for this creature. The gnomes served him willingly. The Lunari Elves, the true citizens of the Twilight Dynasty were forced into enslavement as well. The Royal Family resisted at first, but were disintegrated by The Smiling One. I overheard that Prince San'al left the country over 500 years ago, but he may be the last of the Royal line unless others escaped during The Smiling One's reign.

For years I continued to make equipment, and wondrous works they were. At times the enslavement would waver and my mind was my own, but each failed escape had his will pressed upon me tighter and tighter. If not for the Adventurers of Wayside I would still be making equipment for The Smiling One. I do not know what the creature truly wants other than to impose it's will upon those within his thrall."

I have been informed that High Magistrate Morgan will be arriving in Westhaven sometime on Saturday to convey additional information gathered by him and his squad regarding the location of this creature.

- Royal Scribe Harly Jackayn

Back