Rangers of Gaden

orcbane

Upon coming to Gaden, there were calls to investigate the Western forests which suffered a blight. Many other adventurers met up with the same cause; to help restore the forest to it's former glory, or at least make an attempt. However, I was surprised when I noticed the number of Rangers were none.

I hope to restore, or begin the Rangers of Gaden; Stewards over the lands, protectors of forests and watchers of roads. Those who wish to hone their skills of Archery, knowledge of the land and use of "Guerilla Tactics" to protect Gaden; ban together to fight not only the evils from beyond the mist, but the corrupt that find their way through it.

Haldaren

Haldaren,
What is Ranger? Why? I know nothing of rangers.
Quex

Quex I dhink is be a group dhat he be in, o a type a folk he be. Like a sheriff but of dha forest an' road, not of a town. He be wonder'n if dhere any oders dhat share him ideas bout dhis dhing...i dhink dhat what he mean..

Oda dhan dhat i gots no idea.

-Hengin

Though I've lived, worked, and "patrolled" in the forests of Gaden for many years, and while I used to navigate the woods and hunt to support my troupe, I don't consider myself much of a ranger. As far as protecting Gaden goes, I'm fairly sure everyone I know does their fair share of defending Gaden from things inside Gaden already, considering I've seen numerous necromancers, blade-eaters, and other beasts taken down by friends of mine. Come to think of it, we defend Gaden from more Gaden than places outside the mist (besides Corrupt lands, but that's not really through the mist when you think about it).

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

When last I traveled I think I saw a girl who might be what you're speaking of. Dunno when she'll get here though, could be a month, could be several. She didn't seem like the brightest candle in the box. I believe her navigational skills might have left something to be desired.

Anywho, good luck on your ranger business. If I see her again I'll send her your way.

-Alyce

Alyce,

May I ask who this person was? If you don't know their name, describe them. I should recognize a description, considering I was there.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Pokethulu said:
Haldaren,
What is Ranger? Why? I know nothing of rangers.
Quex
Perhaps Woodsmen may be a more suitable name. As Hengin has said, people who assist in the protection of forests.
Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Though I've lived, worked, and "patrolled" in the forests of Gaden for many years, and while I used to navigate the woods and hunt to support my troupe, I don't consider myself much of a ranger. As far as protecting Gaden goes, I'm fairly sure everyone I know does their fair share of defending Gaden from things inside Gaden already, considering I've seen numerous necromancers, blade-eaters, and other beasts taken down by friends of mine. Come to think of it, we defend Gaden from more Gaden than places outside the mist (besides Corrupt lands, but that's not really through the mist when you think about it).

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
On my experiences, I've noticed that as well. However, my purpose of this thought is to bring those who value similar tactics together to be a special unit with the same aspirations if you will. Many people of Gaden appear quite willing and able to protect it, and that is already very motivating.

EDIT: Or, perhaps what Gaden needs is more archers? I haven't seen many, however I haven't had many interactions with the Militia at large...

-Haldaren

Hello.
I am not a ranger but i am a friend of Gaden and love it's forests.
Next time i see you i would love to help you.
I'm just a Earth Scholar so i am not a major combatant but i will heal the other rangers.
Crow

ALWEASEL said:
Hello.
I am not a ranger but i am a friend of Gaden and love it's forests.
Next time i see you i would love to help you.
I'm just a Earth Scholar so i am not a major combatant but i will heal the other rangers.
Crow

Thank you my friend. I look forward to it.

Haldaren

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Alyce,

May I ask who this person was? If you don't know their name, describe them. I should recognize a description, considering I was there.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Ah, this was before I found all of you. I wasn't really paying close attention to what she looked like, just like one of those tree-hugging earthy types I suppose.

-Alyce

I do not have a great interest in devoting my life to protecting the forests, although I’m more than willing to help when there is a pressing need such as the blighted forest where I recently traveled. That being said archery and guerrilla tactics are skills I employ regularly. If ever there is reward, or at least fun to be had, call on me and I shall wield my bow and sword by your side.

Wonko

Haldaren,
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are interested in forming a group, perhaps a team of sorts that has this common "theme" in mind Haldaren?

If so then I think some of the rest of you guys don't quite get it. I don't think Haldaren is just saying "hey lets employ good tactics and fight evil things". I believe he's asking if there would be people who are interested in banding together specifically for this purpose and calling themselves "rangers", using said tactics and traveling together and perhaps pooling resources. In which case if people are interested they should organize together. Kovu, Panda, my sister and I have done something just like that and we call our team "Forest's Edge". It would be fun to have more than one team running around town! I or my sister could also help designing colors or uniforms, both of us are good at sewing and would be more than happy to help.

Obviously all of us are happy to help fight evil things, but I thought I might just point out/ask if you were talking about something a little more specific Haldaren? If not my bad, correct me as you wish. Safe travels!

Treasurer of Forest's Edge,
-Taloc

Dreamingfurther said:
Haldaren,
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are interested in forming a group, perhaps a team of sorts that has this common "theme" in mind Haldaren?

If so then I think some of the rest of you guys don't quite get it. I don't think Haldaren is just saying "hey lets employ good tactics and fight evil things". I believe he's asking if there would be people who are interested in banding together specifically for this purpose and calling themselves "rangers", using said tactics and traveling together and perhaps pooling resources. In which case if people are interested they should organize together. Kovu, Panda, my sister and I have done something just like that and we call our team "Forest's Edge". It would be fun to have more than one team running around town! I or my sister could also help designing colors or uniforms, both of us are good at sewing and would be more than happy to help.

Obviously all of us are happy to help fight evil things, but I thought I might just point out/ask if you were talking about something a little more specific Haldaren? If not my bad, correct me as you wish. Safe travels!

-Taloc

Indeed, Taloc. I am quite interested in forming another group, similar to what I've heard of your Forest's Edge. However, I envision it being with said tactics. Thank you for the clarification, as I hope it will change the course of this discussion.

Haldaren

Cool. Good luck with that Haldaren. And like I said if you want help with heraldry or would like advice about how to organize such a team I'd be happy to chat with you about that sort of thing sometime. You seem like a nice guy Haldaren, I hope you find some fellow rangers!

-Taloc

Watching the forest is an admirable cause. Best wishes in forming your contingent.
-Lok of Harbors Far

orcbane said:
Dreamingfurther said:
Haldaren,

-Taloc

Indeed, Taloc. I am quite interested in forming another group, similar to what I've heard of your Forest's Edge. However, I envision it being with said tactics. Thank you for the clarification, as I hope it will change the course of this discussion.

Haldaren

So you are looking for form a militia?

Regards,

McGregor

McGregor!! Don't even start...

Haldaren, Seriously don't listen to a think McGregor says about this, he is a perpetually lost soul in this regard...

McGregor, I may have been patient, and already had what we were doing in mind. Don't try to confuse others! ;)

-Bane of McGregor foolishness,
Taloc

Sorry to butt in... What's wrong with McGregor's question? Is there something i'm not catching? Like sarcasm or something? I'm not trying to stick my foot where it doesn't belong. I'm just wondering.
-Lok of Harbors Far

McGregor be pushin a militia hard on folk, and it a great idea, whit many good folk joinin. But Haldaren be lookin to form a crack team o wilderness oriented adventure folk to be effecient and dha like in battle, and work togetha for dha benefit of dhere group and othas as a whole...he not lookin to form a militia type group, o join one by dha sound of it.

-Hengin

Lok,
McGregor is a jokester and a fine fellow. He just spent 15 minutes of my time pretending to be about a "thick" as possible while I tried to explain what my "team" (much like what haldren here is trying to form), Forests Edge is like... I am just good natured informing him that I see what he's doing... again... ;) Cause you know, we Mystic folk like to be so jolly and joke full all the time... ;)

McGregors Watcher,
-Taloc

Back