RE: "National Boards"

Shikar al'Basteua said:
Not if you paid me.
Not for the same reason, but I also limit my access to them. If for no other reason, I have the hardest time staying logged in to them. My cookies wont stay, and sometimes I even get logged out mid session.

Tho I might use them more if there was a sub board on the alliance board for forum issues alone. As it looks like more than just myself are having issues with the forum itself.

Kauss, I will look into that. It may be how your cookie handling is set. If your security is higher than usual (which I am assuming it is) then it may not actually be handing you a cookie, or remembering it's there?

Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Day I got cookie!

Dave said:
Kauss, I will look into that. It may be how your cookie handling is set. If your security is higher than usual (which I am assuming it is) then it may not actually be handing you a cookie, or remembering it's there?
To be honest its the only site out of all the ones I visit (and I visit a lot of forums.) My cookies have been perged and reset, the password has been changed as well. Since its the only site I just cant care anymore.
My issue is more that the owner of the alliance board (Unlike most boards) didnt make, and doesnt seem to want to make, a forum issue sub forum. Even tho it is a new and somewhat buggy forum. Tho to be honest my other reasons are also noted on the alliance board.

Given the attitudes of the owner of the alliance board and some of the people he's chosen for his moderators... you have a better chance of learning to breathe like a fish than me posting over there.

Dave said:

For what it's worth, I now have two accounts over there. One of them, I absolutely cannot log into because it thinks I have entering an incorrect password. I know I am not entering an incorrect password because:

1) I was logged in at one point (even posted), and my browser saved the password for me.

2) It's the same password I use for most forums, so I know it's right. :p

My 2nd account, I have no trouble posting with or logging in to or out of.

That board is wonky, yo.

And the so-called auto-recover password feature--doesn't work.

Avaran said:
And the so-called auto-recover password feature--doesn't work.

Yeah, the unreliability of this feature (it *does* work sometimes) is a known bug in phpBB3. When it gets fixed I'll update so we don't have that problem here anymore either.

Back