Reading in the Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil90

Artisan
Marshal
Sitting at a table, Bota is sourrounded by a variety of books.

A few books talking about the Eearthweavers and others about the laws of Calandonia are sitting in a pile on the corner.

A pile of books about undeads are sitting next to him but he currently is reading maps and documents about Midenvale and its inhabitants.

... many of the individual ingredients used in the creation of the Euphoria elixir can be isolated and refined further to create an anesthetic effect within a patient; reducing pain felt, but not clouding the mind...

Iso'bel's nose is buried in her research as she carries a pile of texts out of the stacks. She lifts her eyes briefly to survey the study area; to her surprise, the library is busy (well, busy for a library), and very few open tables remain. Turning to walk down one of the rows, her balance is suddenly thrown off by two Aspirants breezing past her, with a panicked, yet apologetic "Sorry, Keeper Shakame!" on the way by before disappearing into the collections themselves.

The table that the rabbit-kin is sent careening into is occupied already; after nearly dropping her books onto said occupant, she regains her balance and notices who it is. A dyrad she recognizes immediately, her eyes narrowing and ears unconsciously pinning back, flattening for only a brief instant before her otherwise friendly demeanor took over.

“Apologies, Bota.” Iso'bel says with a soft smile, setting her research material down on the one clear corner of the table. “It seems the young ones are rather enthusiastic today.” She scans the room quickly once more in her peripheral vision - there was nowhere else in the immediate area to sit, besides here. With an inaudible groan, she uncomfortably touches the tips of her fingers to the staff in the sling over her shoulder, asking: “May I, perchance, sit with you?”

Bota smiles and look at Isobel.

"No worries. 'll clear some more space for you."

Bota starts moving some of the closer to himself. He then puts a bookmark in the book he was just reading. Then he picks a pile of books about undeads and puts them on a sorting cart used to put back the books where they belong.

He looks at the librarian that is putting them and back and says:"Thank you very much for your assistance"

He comes back and sit at the table.

"How are you dear Iso'bel? I am glad to see you here. I thought maybe you were busy with many births. "

Last edited:
"It is the busy season indeed. For humans, at least, with their nine month gestation." The rabbit responds with a breathy laugh, seating herself and laying her staff under the table, keeping a foot on it at all times. "It was a warm winter, though. Not as many "cabin fever" babies this year."

"Those refugees flooding into the city, though - that is what is keeping us all busy, is it not?" She shakes her head gravely, her mane echoing the movement. "They require a lot of general care and healing... it is definitely a strain on our resources. Sadly, most women that I have encountered as a part of that group are too malnourished; even with everything I can do for them, it would be astonishing we were to see their pregnancies come to term. I am accustomed to seeing the impoverished, but this... this must have been some terrible conditions they were in."

"Despite that," she continues, opening one of the books on her pile, and arranging the rest as needed. "I have managed to secure a day off. Or an evening at the very least. Speaking of being off -" Iso'bel looks up at Bota, her red eyes analytical. "- you have been away recently, have you not?"

"Yes the refugees are taking a toll on the earthweavers. I will go help a bit more but there are other matters that have to be worked on like undeads. I visited Parson's Breach last month and my research has to do with my visit. I've been reading for hours about undeads. I got books about other subjects I want to research but that may have to wait. I took a little break to read about Midenvale as I am about to go visit."

Last edited:
Her tripartite lips pursed, and her eyes narrowed slightly. This is where they always disagreed. "The refugees have the potential to cause more damage than any undead army could, if not managed properly, Bota. They are already within our walls."

"The undead threat is continual. A threat that has lessened some, thanks to the destruction of the Rahlstone Liche." Her gaze falls to the books still in front of him; Calandonian Law, History of the Earth Weavers. Expression softening slightly, her eyebrow arches. "Unless you have some information I obviously do not, having just returned from the Breach. What happened?"

"You have a very good point. They are in the city already. Both of those situations have to be addressed for certain.

“A few things happened at the Breach. A Will-o-wisp brought us to a place where a significant number of undead had been killed. There was not a lot of evidence to help us determine what had done this, but it appears it may be some kind of powerful undead or other monster. Fredrick has also seen in the area of the Breach so it is likely that he will pay them a visit. "

"The Breach faced Kara Vale in a fight that unfortunately did not turn well for the Breachers. The Breachers need to work together and I feel they have yet to do so.

"I borrowed the books about law and history to understand better the relationship between the guilds and the laws of the land. The Arcane Sanctum members feel that they have the right to use magic items created by Earth Magic but the Eart Weavers members cannot use those created by Celestial Magic. I had read all the laws years ago after I woke up from my great sleep. There is no law that says that. However, I was made aware that some do not like casters from one school of magic using items from another school of magic. Furthermore, it seems the Arcane Sanctum members believe anything they decide bypass what the Earthweavers choose and even for Lady Zanthia’s judgements are of less value than theirs. I hope they realized everyone is important and we should not follow them blindly."

“This is rather disappointing, I believed being a member of the guild and helping others would allow me to make a difference. Now, I am not sure."

“None of this makes sense. Surely, there is a way to solve this."

Last edited:
Her eyebrow raises even higher. "Never a dull moment in the Breach, is there? A lot of what you speak of I am not aware of the fine details, as I have never spent more than a few hours in Parson's Breach. I only had a brief glance at what kind of outpost the Breach really is, the day that we arrived back - and it was dark at the time. And save for our trip to the Five Kingdoms last year, no more than a few hours at a time with the Breachers themselves, either."

"This Fredrick you speak of, he is related to the Rahlstone Liche, is he not? And this Kara Vale, was she not the creator of the ghoul plague?" she puts her face into her paws. "I do not know of half the things that haunt our lands, remaining here in the city. Ugh... I cannot even imagine the pretense; I hope no one permanently died in that attack. Did you hear of anyone? Garridan? Morrigan? They are alright?" She lets the question fall.

"It is in our code of conduct that Earth Weavers shall not use items created from Celestial magic, and just as well." The fur on the back of her neck stands on end as she finds her next words. She looks up at Bota, her red eyes cold. Absently, her foot rubs along her staff on the floor, and she lifts it up into her grip. "As for their attitude, it will not change. Do not ever count on it."

Standing from the table, she leaves her research where it is, only pocketing her notebook. "If you will excuse me, Bota, I have suddenly lost the mood for study." Nodding to the dryad brusquely, she turns and walks from the library, towards her quarters. She had a letter to write.

"Yes Fredrick is related to the Rahlstone Liche. The liche when alive was Fredrick's uncle. Kara Vale created the Ghoul plague."
"All of the them are alright"

He looks at her picking her things quickly. " I hope I did not offend you in any way. Goodbye Iso'bel"

Bota takes Iso'bel's books and his books and bring them to one of the librarian and put it on the sorting cart.
"Thank you very much for your assistance. I'll go see what I can do to help with the refugees."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back