Real Amour?

Shogun99

I got a job this summer and i was going to buy either a full suit of Roman foot soldier amour and i was wondering if that would be acceptible to use in larp? Also if i am playing as a character with that amour and he dies permanently could i use that amour on a new character? Also what about real bows that have a draw of 20lbs? i would be using full padded arrows for sure

Let me try to hammer these out as they came:

1. Real armor is fine (as someone who wears real leather and chain armor, I would even use the word "encouraged") as long as it meets the requirements in the Armor section of the rulebook. Basically for metal it can't have sharp edges that can hurt someone if they bump into you. Remember that the heavier the armor the harder it is to dodge spell packets!
2. Yes, armor can be reused by multiple characters. For roleplay reasons you might want to change up the rest of the outfit so it's obvious to everyone that you're a new character but the actual physical armor can be reused without issue.
3. Real bows are not allowed in any way. We use boffer-style bows to simulate using a bow. They are not strung at all and are not used to fire projectiles.
4. The arrows we use are bird seed packets that are blue in color to differentiate from spell packets.

No real bows: we use bird-seed packets for spells and arrows.

As for the armor, idk. I would love to say 'You can reuse the armor, but the character would have to be visibly different the the other character.' But I can't be 100% sure.

From a rules standpoint, nothing I've read requires you to have two characters that look different, assuming you're following all applicable costuming requirements of your race.

That being said, from an RP standpoint, it would be sorta immersion-breaking if your characters looked the same. Because of the cost of armor, I totally understand why you'd want to recycle armor, so if you do so, you may want to consider

1) taking a break after your character perms, maybe NPCing for a few months, so when you use that armor again it doesn't look as copied.

2) Find ways to "decorate" or modify your armor, to give it a different distinction if you use it again.

Back