Real gypsies

krieger

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
So this is for carmen, I talked to you about this at the event...but for all you other
peoples that may not realize a thing or two about gypsies...

So these peeps you'll see, are the real deal, minus the magic, but I think you'll get the point.

They are some pretty intense peeps, and you let me know if you could get down as well as the kid at the very end when you were eight years old, oh by the way
john travolta, saturdaynight fever...you ain't got nothing....

And one more thing... THE LINK BELOW CONTAINS SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8nUcOtokI

That is the most distribing video I have ever seen!! :shock: Why would you post that? I don't see what blowing people up has to do with anything with real gypsies.

Because warfare and strife is part of who those people are. And despite it all, they still find the heart to dance and be merry.

Thank you, sarah. Gypsies according to most myth's legends were exiled peoples without a home except for the ones that they made for themselves on the roads with their families. Throughout the ages, they have been victims of other kingdoms, regimes, and jerks of all natures. One has only to look at history, both real, and the nero world to see that.

I am sorry if you were hurt, I truly am. Yet, despite their hardships, they can still sing and dance like it's going out of style, and THAT was what I was hoping you'd take away from the experience. Life is a wonderful thing, but without contrast, there is no perspective, and no appreciation. Be very happy that we live here in America, and grateful that you aren't loading your goats, and cows into the backseat of your dilapidated fiat, along with your 3 brothers, grandpa, 2 sisters and your mother. And that video which I won't post is actually more disturbing than the one I posted.

Good points hey if you want to see pictures of real Romani click this link:

http://nigeldickinson.com/gallery/search.php

this photographer recently had his photos about the Romani published in National Geographic.

Amanda

greg.. that was a very odd mishmash of images.. good music and some pretty awesome dancing though.. go kids! it's really amazing that in that whole region of the world (eastern Europe, former USSR, former Yugoslavia) people have the motivation to go on. really really horrible dictators and warfare and prejudice for so long. and in the US we know so very little about it.

also the pictures from the link are really great. real, beautiful.

~Carmen

Is this making any of the ooky spooky characters rethink skipping down the field or singing with Kasuni when everyone's freaking out about the world ending???

Or even the non-ooky spookies? Anyone who said "no"?

I do believe it's well founded that Eli skips.

His phrasing when Kasuni asked was "Not with you", I believe.

Happy sunshine gumdrops!

In the course and events of life, one must take the bad along with the good.

Brad Lewis said:
I do believe it's well founded that Eli skips.

His phrasing when Kasuni asked was "Not with you", I believe.

OUCH. Eli isn't ooky spooky though. He's just the quiet boy who sits in the corner.

wow. i just want to say...wow.
this whole topic was just enjoyable...thanks krieger and sarah.

I did not think that Liddia was to icky. And if I do make it back there we will defenatly have to skip down the hill together.

Amanda

Back