[.11] Rebirth and Rituals

Draven

Count
For purposes of rituals, does a Life spell that’s locked away for a Rebirth count as

1) Available for Counterspell

2) Available to be “swapped” for a different spell (though this would cause the Rebirth to fail)

3) Available for Recharge Prowess if Rebirth is expended?

Rebirth in 1.3 specifically states that you have to mark off the Life spell as used, and nothing in the packet says this has changed, so I would say no to the first two, but yes to the third, although with Recharge Prowess you wouldn't get the Rebirth back, only the Life spell.

Rebirth in 1.3 specifically states that you have to mark off the Life spell as used, and nothing in the packet says this has changed, so I would say no to the first two, but yes to the third, although with Recharge Prowess you wouldn't get the Rebirth back, only the Life spell.

Regarding the first one, I feel like the intention of that rule in 1.3 is more to prevent unintended use of the “locked” Life spell, rather than actually consider it expended, but admittedly, that’s just an interpretation. :)

It's not really clear one way or the other, but I always imagined the in-game effect being something close to "you cast a Life spell into a special High Magic Spell Store that activates automatically when you would otherwise Resurrect"; this makes more sense to me mechanically than any other interpretation I've thought of.

Back