Stuffed Olives

-Black Olives
-Homemade Boursin Cheese

Make Your Own Boursin Cheese - Paula Deen

• Prep Time: 10 mins
• Total Time: 10 mins
• Yield: 3 cups

About This Recipe
"This recipe comes from Paula Deen. It tastes exactly like the boursin cheese sold at stores, for a fraction of the cost! I like to serve this spread with buttery crackers. You could also use it to make sandwiches, etc... The prep time does not include softening of cream cheese, butter or the refrigeration time."

Ingredients:

o1 lb cream cheese, softened ( 2 8 oz. bars)
o8 ounces whipped butter, at room temp
o1 teaspoon garlic salt
o 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
o 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
o 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
o 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
o 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
o 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Directions:

1. Put the cream cheese and butter into the bowl of a food processor. (You could use a mixer or blender if you don't have a food processor.).
2. Add the seasonings and process until completely blended and smooth.
3. Line a medium-sized serving bowl with plastic wrap and fill it with the cheese mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.
5. You can keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Yummy Dessert

Ingredients:

-2 cans Pillsbury butter crescent rolls
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon & sugar (I used about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon)

Instructions:

Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased pan. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Notes:

Can add 5 tbls cocoa powder to cream cheese mixture and omit cinnamon from topping.
This will fit into 12 ¼ x 8 ¼ x 1 3/32 in pan. (I found this at the dollar store.)

Slow Cooked Sweet Potatoes

• Prep Time: 15 mins
• Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
• Servings: 8-10

Ingredients

o 2 (29 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (I used 2 40 oz cans)
o 1/3 cup butter, melted (I used 8 tbls)
o 2 tablespoons white sugar (I used 8 tsp)
o 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used 8 tsp)
o 1 tablespoon orange juice (I used 4 tsp)
o 2 eggs, beaten
o 1/2 cup milk (I used 10 tbls)
o 1/3 cup chopped pecans (skipped)
o 1/3 cup brown sugar (4 tbls added to potatoes)
o 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (skipped)
2 teaspoons butter, melted (skipped)

Directions:

1. Lightly grease a slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, blend sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter, white sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
3. Beat in orange juice, eggs and milk.
4. Transfer this mixture to the prepared slow cooker.
5. In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter.
6. Spread the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
7. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

Private Note
These were wonderful! I only made a couple of changes: I subbed pineapple juice for the orange juice, and I took the crock out and put it in the oven with some mini marshmallows on top, and then forgot about them. All was not lost, however, they did not get burned, and since everyone else was full, I was the only one who tried any. I was kind of glad, because that meant that over the rest of Thanksgiving weekend, I got them all to myself. I will be making these far too often at my house. They are so good!

11/15/2013 For the Alliance Feast, I used 2 (40 oz) cans of sweet potatoes and made the changes to the ingredients that are noted in the parentheses.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 379.7

Calories from Fat 124 32%
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Fat 13.8g 21%
Saturated Fat 6.5g 32%
Cholesterol 77.8mg 25%
Sugars 24.3 g
Sodium 204.1mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 59.8g 19%
Dietary Fiber 6.6g 26%
Sugars 24.3 g 97%
Protein 6.0g 12%

© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. http://www.food.com/107492

Lemon Curd (Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd

• Prep Time: 10 mins
• Total Time: 35 mins
• Serves: 18, Yield: 1.5 cups

Ingredients

o 3 tablespoons lemon zest
o 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice ( 2 to 4 lemons)
o 1 1/2 cups sugar
o 8 tablespoons butter
o 3 eggs, lightly beaten
o 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten

Directions:

10. Microwave Method:.
11. Place butter in a large glass measure or bowl. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or until the butter is soft, but not melted.
12. Whisk in the sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice. Add the whole eggs and yolks and blend well.
13. Cover with parchment paper and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring well after each minute or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.( May need more time for all microwave ovens are different so be sure it coats the spoon as for a custard!).
14. Cover and refrigerator at least 1 hour.
15. Pour into a sterilized glass jar(s) (jam jars are perfect) and leave to cool.
16. Store in the refrigerator.

Notes: I forgot to note that I used 5 whole eggs instead of separating yolks.

No Bake Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars

Yield: Makes 16-20 bars.
These cool and creamy bars are bites of lemon loveliness. If you are pressed for time, you may omit the lemon curd layer between the crust and the cheesecake-like filling. However, if not, do add the layer for that extra punch of lemon flavor.

Ingredients:
1½ cups graham crackers (about 10 sheets)
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
½ to ¾ cups sugar
8 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese (low fat works, too)
1 14 ounce can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 package unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup boiling water
2 cups lemon curd
fresh raspberries for garnish

Directions:
Line an 8x8 square pan with overlapping layers of parchment paper. Prepare graham cracker crust by using a food processor or blender to process graham crackers till fine. Add butter and sugar, and pulse. Pour into pan, pressing down with fingers or measuring cup, creating one even layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
Stir in gelatin into boiling water until dissolved. Let it cool a few minutes.
Combine 1/2 cup lemon curd with 2 tablespoons gelatin mixture, whisk until smooth. Spread on the chilled crust. Return to refrigerator.
In a clean food processor bowl, or using an electric mixer, process the mascarpone or cream cheese until smooth. With the processor running, pour in the condensed milk, followed by 1/2 cup of lemon curd, and the remaining gelatin mixture. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust over the lemon curd layer.
Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
When the cheesecake layer is cool, stir the remaining 1 cup of lemon curd until it is smooth and pourable. Spread over the cheesecake layer and return to refrigerator to chill again, at least 3 hours.
Cut into squares and serve with fresh raspberries.

Notes:
11/15/13 I used 9 sheets of graham crackers and ½ c of sugar for crust.

Edited to make a note on the Lemon Curd. Also, all of these recipes are from the internet, not original by me. I just modified them a bit.

Back