Recruiting New players

jwconvery

Spellsword
I am thinking of running a recruitment day fair in early August. Probably the Sunday before Gencon, August 1st. Basically this would be a well repped canned mod designed to show new players different aspects of the game. I am hoping it will give new players a chance to check out the game. The whole commitment would be a couple hours to go over safety and run the mod. Then afterwards we could have a bbq at the same site to let new players ask questions/ get advice and just overall feel welcome.

This would be a real mod with treasure and build awards. I need to get a gauge on interest. People can play their mains, or alts or NPC. The overall mod would be APL appropriate to the PC's, so if Ordo, the OEF, and the Orcs all PC there will be a chance to show the new guys what a high level fight looks like. I haven't figured out the price with Tom yet, but hopefully we can make it free to brand new players. We could use both experienced players on the PC side to help guide the action and give in combat advice, but also get a nice PC to NPC ratio to make a good first impression. I have a site in mind. I can get access to a nature trail along a lake. Not great for weekends, but should make for a cool mod.

I have some people at work who seem interested in Alliance but balk at committing to a full weekend. I'm sure others out there have people who might have shown an interest but can't give up a whole weekend, significant others, friends of friends, cousins whoever.

Right now I am just looking to gauge interest. Are their enough 'on -the-fence' players to warrant doing this? I don't need hard commitments right now, just a 'Yeah I've got some people who might come try it out.'

What do you guys think?

Love the initiative.

Put me down as interested.

If we can coordinate baby (heck, maybe we could bring him) then we may be able to do it. I also know a couple of people who may want to check it out.

~Justin

Freaking awesome idea Joe. I wish I could make it but with having so much going on around that time I don't think we can make it for a one day. But I will still try! Just dont count on me. But love the initiative.

Back