Recruitment Event Recap

jwconvery

Spellsword
Overall I think it went well. Thanks to all the PCs and NPCs who came out to help create a fun couple of hours. I think our end total was 16 PC's with five brand new players. We had a couple of hiccups in the beginning but once we got the mod itself going we rolled along. True to Somi's 'pwnmonia' we resurrected a new player. (Oops)

There were a few voices in the crowd who asked to see more one day events, or mod days so perhaps we can run some more next season.

I would love to hear some constructive criticism from the PC's about how it went. The site wasn't ideal but I thought it served it's purpose.

Thanks again to everyone who came out, and I am looking forward to seeing Tony, Phil, Kathy, Chad and Peggy at our next weekend event.

-Joe

Glad you guys had a good time. I want to say thank you to all the people trying to recruit and put in all that work. You guys rock! Wish I could have been there :(.

Chris/TadRon

Matt had some good ideas for the next time we do this.

This time around it was a mod to go kill bandits, open to everyone. So the new people got exposed to a lot of various game effects, but were also occasionally overshadowed by more experienced characters.

Next time, maybe we'll do it within a mod day. So the new players are alone. Less game effects get thrown around but the new players will be the main focus and be the true 'heroes of the story.' Then the new players can help NPC for the the other mods that get run that day.

-Joe

Justin & I had a lot of fun. Wish we could have stayed for the bbq, those darn family reunions.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the new player that got resurrected will be coming back in september :D

Only thing I would change is more Bridget....and less Joe....

Otherwise it was AWESOME and I would be willing to help in any capacity in the future. I do have access to about 60 acres of fun in Ann Arbor. For the first few times I think I could get it for us completely free, but if it really took off it would look good if we payed the very small and reasonable rental fee of $25 for the outside/fire circle.

I HATE MATHIS who told me I could not buy stuff at 110% cost and then he went and bought cure lights for himself, remind me to kick him in his dangly parts.

Much love and keep up the good work,
daver

Back