Regarding the last gathering at the "Inn Between"

Resete

While I am normally an individual who is seen as mischievous, or untrustworthy, these labels have come at me with no regard to evidence or experience, merely speculation and sheer racism based on my Gypsy heritage.

While I have come to accept these things in stride, and even accept the sideways looks and comments made under breath, I am feeling I can no longer stand by the side while attention is on me, and real theft takes place in front of everyone.

During our final battle with the Fire/Life Djinn, I noted the large creature dropped some sort of formal scroll. No one admitted to retrieving it and it was not until I pushed much harder and threatened that we should have our Stone Elf friend check everyone's mind that Arkelos "rechecked" his bag and low and behold, the scroll was there.

While many of you may think that the Scroll he produced was the one found, I do not. The indentation where the scroll had been folded was much too deep to have been recently made. I believe he swapped the scroll for one of lesser value he already had in his possession.

What makes matters worse is the day prior, we had this individual bagging for our group. Who knows what else we lost from this individuals actions.

While others may wish to keep quiet about such going ons, I for one, will not. If I am to be the blatant scapegoat for negative or missing things, than I will personally begin to ensure if I note something amiss, I will take care of things in my own way.

May the spirits of my ancestors never rest peacefully if what I say is not true.

~Resete~

Resete,

Earlier that day Coldsky and I both brought valuable scrolls to trade. We made an exchange, and I even sold a scroll to Heartsboon. Either one of them can tell you that Foresee the Weather was not among the scrolls I was offering. Later, during the fight with Gamut, Coldsky pointed the scroll out to me saying that I'd dropped it. I'd been beaten to a pulp around there moments prior, so it didn't seem unlikely that it was one of the four formal scrolls on my person.

I wasn't checking my scrolls because you threatened to have our Stone Elf friend take a look into everyone's minds, I did it because you were vehemently insisting that you saw a scroll drop during the fight and I was looking to see if a mistake had been made. I understand these circumstances can raise suspicion, but I believe that if you confirm this story with other people you will find that what I say is true. I saw no other scrolls other than what Coldsky and I brought that day, Foresee the Weather, and the Summon Magical Creature scroll that Mist paid us. I wouldn't even have known the scroll existed had it not been pointed out to me. I'd also like to note that not all monsters drop perfectly crisp and unbent formal scrolls. I honestly don't remember if I was the one who folded the scroll or not, but I can tell you that if the indentation was made by me, then it'd definitely been made that day.

I don't fault you for finding me suspect, the circumstances are curious. I am, however, upset that you've already insinuated my guilt with your words before I had a chance to clarify the situation. In the future you should be more careful with accusations you fling out into Dream.

-Arkelos Maelstrom

Arkelos,

I will accept your explanation that the scroll you turned in was the one recovered, yet I do not believe for one moment that you were unaware of it in your possession. As someone like you who makes it his business to trade and acquire formal scrolls, I cannot believe for even one moment that you were not aware that you had an additional scroll. You had checked out on the field when initially asked and responded that the only scrolls you had were yours. Coldsky said that the only scrolls he gave you were already creased, which means one of two things:

1) Coldsky is lying, which I cannot understand what reason he would have for doing so.
2) You had previously picked up the scroll and knowlingly put it in with your belongings either before, or after dropping your scrolls

Personally, I think that the first option is less likely. Given that we were in a land that only had the laws given by Mist, there was nothing that could be done. Ultimately, I guess there was no harm, however, were I not persistent we would have lost the scroll as I do not believe you would have found it later then come back with apologies to return it.

Do not take offense, Arkelos. You are not the first, nor will you be the last individual I see taking advantage of the situation by stealing from the pockets of the very people you fight alongside. It is just that given the continuous accusations and snide remarks I receive, I find that I am no longer able to stand by the wayside and allow such things to happen. If I am told to stay out of it, or others do not take more drastic measures to ensure this ends, I will find my own ways of dealing with it.

~Resete~

Resete,

I get the feeling that I could give a mountain of evidence against your accusations and still you would find some way to twist the details to make it look like I was trying to steal a 5 gold formal scroll. It is my sincere hope that you are not actually in control of yourself and that your Chaos taint is influencing you to disrupt an otherwise successful and neatly concluded venture by trying to make a crime out of a mistake.

I'm sorry that you feel have felt the brunt of so much false judgement and feel the need to perpetuate the cycle. You truly are a victim of unfortunate circumstances, but don't take it out on me. I've told you what happened and I give my word that I speak the truth on the matter. Now we can let the matter rest as a mistake or you can tell me that my word means nothing and that I am a liar, we can continue from there. Either way, I will not tolerate continued slander and veiled threats.

Make your choice

-Arkelos

The Sign of the Raven and those who walk with them seek fairness in all business dealings within our ranks and without. Anyone found out by team members or non-member shareholders to be lying about agreed-upon treasury matters will face internal consequences.

Continue your bickering somewhere more private. I can hear this from the Nightmare realm.

-Phedre

This has nothing to do with the treasury. Neither Resete nor I were collecting shares or contributing our earnings. He is the one who has chosen to accuse me so publicly, so I will answer him here. Apologies, Phedre, but I fear you will have to either redirect your attention or listen to the bickering a bit longer.

-Arkelos

Allow me to be more blunt:

Your reputations are tied in with the rest of the Ravens. This isn't helping your personal reputations, or that of our team. I worked hard for the last few years to ensure we have been seen as honest and transparent about loot and will be upset if someone undoes any of that.

I will repeat myself: if you lie about any aspect of agreed-upon loot distribution to a team member or NMSH, there are internal consequences. I don't care if you were pulling shares at the time or not, we are always honest with each other about business or there's no point to treasury aspect of our team.

Resete: the split we owe you will be at the next gather or delivered by messenger. My apologies for the delay, simultaneous gathers in multiple lands always complicate logistical matters.

-P

My personal reputation has existed longer than my accompaniment with the Ravens. You can blame Resete for making a spectacle of this instead of bringing his grievances forward in a more reasonable and discreet manner. People are listening now, and I refuse to allow his accusations to go unchallenged or have it all shushed so his words are the last to ring out into the minds of others. If you feel that the ravens' reputation will be sullied by our spat then you can consider this my withdrawal from the team and immediate request to settle my shares. I do not wish to leave, but I won't stand down from this attack.

-Arkelos

Arkelos, Resete...

You're both rather useful and inoffensive individuals on your own. I've had occasion to be pleasantly surprised by both of you. But this? Over a Foresee the Weather? I haven't even seen that scroll before. I imagine by the name that it'd be something really useful for some sailors or farmers... not really the kind of caliber of 'stuff' people of our ilk tend to covet and hoard.

You two should sit and hash it out over a drink. Or five. If it helps, I can pour.

Or, if it's not something you can just let go, I can officiate a duel for you two.

~Ny'ranï

Arkelos - I apologize for my forwardness in this matter. My emotions of late have been as scattered as a puffy white dandelion in a storm. My feelings about being the one consistently mistrusted or accused may have merit, but they in no way gave me a right to accuse you, especially in such a public fashion. Perhaps I will be able to make amends for my egregious behavior and we can put this silly misunderstanding behind us.

Phedre - I meant no disrespect, nor to bring any shame to the sign of the Raven. While others may not believe me, I do handle myself in an honorable manner. I adhere to any bargain or deal stuck and have done so without hesitation. I will try to continue acting in a way that is copacetic to the ideals of those I travel with.

I have just been finding it more and more difficult to keep my wits when comments are made or sideways glances are given. Whether individuals will admit it or not, I have made sacrifices for our endeavors towards "the greater good", despite my lack of memory regarding some of them. Yet it is as if there is no appreciation in action. Of course individuals will express gratitude in empty words, but no matter what is given of myself, I am treated as second class.

I feel the wells of emotions stirring within me again, and so I will cease discussing things of this matter. I will move on to brighter and happier things - like Pie. I would truly enjoy some pie - cherry, or blueberry.........

Ny'rani, you have my thanks for your words and effort to keep peace. I would like for you to know that I value having you as a friend and ally.

Resete, I accept your apology. Perhaps in the future we can avoid unpleasantness through better communication. We should also talk about how you've been treated unfairly and how we can adjust the perceptions of others so that it doesn't happen in the future. I'm sure we'll see each other again in the coming months.

I'm happy that this misunderstanding was resolved before it caused too much strife. Travel well.

-Arkelos Maelstrom

Back