Registration for April 26th-28th

Kitaruen

Knight
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to inform you that pre-registration for our April event, April 26-28 is now closed. You are ofcourse welcome to register if you have not yet done so. However the discount no longer applies. See you guys Friday.

For registration, we need: MIs, build expenditures, high magic, production and goblin stamp expenditures. We also need what spells your memorizing to prepare your battleboard. It's a new season, so please, we need all of the information fresh. You must also prereg if you are taking the meal plan. Please include if you are on the meal plan to help us avoid waste or shortage.

Also we are offering a $10 dollar discount to anyone who stays in a tent. Please preregister if your staying in a tent so we may plan accordingly.

Preregistered people will pay only $40 for the event. Those who do not preregister will pay $50 at the door. Please note the increase from last year. We have raised prices to keep up with costs and to prepare for upgrading to a larger site. (More info to come)

The meal deal will be $10 for breakfast and dinner, with a menu being posted in the near future. All allergies will be considered and worked with for the menu.
The preregistration deadline is TUESDAY, April 23rd at 11:59 PM CDT.

New rulebooks will be available for $20. You can reserve one as a part of your preregistration.

Memberships will also be available for sale. For those attending in person, it is a part of your event fee. If you are planning on pay no playing or gobbying the event, it is $15 additional to renew for 2013. This also gives you a $15 discount on the first event you attend in person, if you make it out to Chicago. All memberships expire on Dec 31, 2013.

You can prepay for the event via Paypal. There is a $2 surcharge for doing so, to offset the Paypal fees.

The email address for Paypal, is Pfoisy@gmail.com
The email address for prereg is waysidelogistics@gmail.com

Tavern menu will be posted after the deadline, but before the event. If you have any food allergies, please notify us ASAP, along with your preregistration.

NPCing in Chicago is ALWAYS FREE! Just bring $10 bucks for food, and let me know what character should receive the blankets.

The site address is:

3640 Scout Road
Kirkland, IL 60146

Tenting
Meal Plan *
Preregistered PCs
1. Rob D*
2. Andrea R*
3. Vicki P*
4. Bill H*-Prepaid
5. Dara W*-Prepaid
6. Josh B
7. Bri D*
8. Nick P*
9. Nathan B*
10. Cymryc M*-O
11. Teague M*
12. Dave C
13. Daphne P*
14. Sean V
15. Nadine V
16. Ranee J*
17. Courtney H*
18. Amanda F*
19. Kyle Y
20. Alexander T*
21. Dan Ly*
22. Jen W*
23. Rob S*-Prepaid
24. Dave G*-O
25. Doug M
26. Emilynn H
27. Seamus C*
28. Peter B*
29. Dan D*
30. Thomas M*
31. Alysha K
32. Aaron V
33. Dawn V
34. Kim H
35. Tim F*
36. Paul S*
37. Matt N*
38. Chris H
39. Chris T -O

NPCs
1. Paul F*
2. Britt S*
3. Ryan B*
4. Kyle S*
5. Carly B*
6. Krystal K
7. Nathan K*
8. Aaron D* (Sat Only)
9. Peter D*

Re: Preregistration for April 26th-28th

Get your pre reg's in early guys! :)

Paul

What is the policy on campfires, & availability of wood on site for said same? We'd love to do some attended campfire-ing & cooking over the weekend for ourselves (& whoever else wants to camp with us, space still available in our 14x25 tent! 1GP for bed (BYO mattress or sleeping bag) & breakfast (bed both nights, Sat AM Breakfast, Sat night smores & Sun potluck).

Hi Bill,

There are a few campfire rings and BBQ grills where you are allowed to blaze. I know the site furnishes wood and generally there has never been an issue getting it.

Since you are bringing a tent, coordinate with me when you guys get onsite for a good tent location based on your needs wants etc.

Thanks,

Paul

You should add me to list Paul. Also, I think we shall be tenting.

Just to let you guys know, you can't bring outside fire wood into the camp ground. They have plenty of wood there and it is pretty cheap.

To all tent campers. I'm going up to the campsite either Thursday night or early Friday morning. If anyone wants me to save them a site let me know. It is $4.00 per tent/ per site. So just let me know how many tents you are using. Everyone can just pay me when they get there. If you have a certain site in mind let me know, if not I'll talk to Paul and figure out what the best sites for everyone.

Okay... I know its a first time and all, but I didn't see anything posted prior regarding additional fees for tent camping. And I have been in contact with several people in prep for tent camping at this event already, who did not mention an upcharge. I understand this is my first weekend Alliance event. However: I have LARPed at MacQueen in tent before. Hell, I've CAMPED at MacQueen in tent before. And never had to worry about an upcharge. This may be why there's a "discount", but it would have been nice to know about the tent upcharge in advance.

Can I get an explanation on this one, please?

Thank you in advance.

Still looking forward to the event...

Bill Holmblad, Jr.

The $4.00 per tent / per night is the price Mcqueen charges not Alliance. Since we have elected not to stay in the cabins with everyone else Paul is giving campers $10.00 off the reg price as he mentioned above.

BillHolmbladJr said:
Okay... I know its a first time and all, but I didn't see anything posted prior regarding additional fees for tent camping. And I have been in contact with several people in prep for tent camping at this event already, who did not mention an upcharge. I understand this is my first weekend Alliance event. However: I have LARPed at MacQueen in tent before. Hell, I've CAMPED at MacQueen in tent before. And never had to worry about an upcharge. This may be why there's a "discount", but it would have been nice to know about the tent upcharge in advance.

Can I get an explanation on this one, please?

Thank you in advance.

Still looking forward to the event...

Bill Holmblad, Jr.

It's a net discount, beyond that I'd check with Paul as he might be covering the tenting fee as well since he deals directly with the site, he'll just need exact numbers.

I will pay the tent camping fees for the site as well, no need to fret. I did not mention them to new players or in general because I never intended to make anyone pay for them thus why bring it up? I rarely ever pass a cost on to my players that I can manage to pay out of pocket.

While it's true that we have in the past asked folks to sleep in the cabins first to save ourselves the $4 a tent, thats when we had 15-20 players and struggled to pay the site fee, insurance, and everything else. Now that we've grown to 35-40 players and the cabins are stretched to their limits, im glad to cover $4 because we have so many more players to help cover all these costs and for each person in a tent we have another spot in a cabin for someone who can't tent it. Be it a player from another chapter, or just preference.

We appreciate the faith our players old and new place in us in trusting them with their entertainment. If I could, I'd run free events for everyone, however, I'm not independently wealthy yet so I gotta ask for your continued help and patience while we try to make fair policies for everyone. If anyone is ever concerned about a policy or struggles due to a change, reach out to Rob D or Myself by email and we will be glad to bend over backwards and twist like pretzels to make your game worth it.

I look forward to seeing all of you guys out there.

Paul

I did not mean to come across as kvetching; I just got confu-sed, is all!

We will be prepaying shortly; if we do any of the math wrong, please let us know at the site, & we will be happy to remunerate as necessary!

Ah, the joys of trying to work out math at 1am! :)

Thank you for everything, Paul (and everyone else!), & See you all there!!!

Deadline is fast approaching guys, lets get those prereges in to help us to make sure everything is ready. :)

Vicki

How does sleeping in a van work? Does it count as tent sleeping?

Yeah that would count in my mind, I just hope that would be comfortable.

Last day to get in those pre-reg's and food notices. Can't wait to see everyone for the opener! :hahaha:

Still hoping for a ride. If I can get one, I'll be there.

How early can we arrive on site?

6 PM is when site opens officially. Reality is I may not open logistics till 7:30 or even 8. But once your through logistics you are welcome to begin a soft rp only lay on.

Back