Relaxing at a table in Ogre's Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeus

Artisan
Mobeus opens the door wide of the Tavern known as the Ogre's Head. Placing his hat on one of the hooks at the entrance, Mobeus chuckles for a moment, "I have completely forgot what this place used to be called.. I guess it doesn't really matter these days, well unless he returns to collect his head.." he shivers slightly, "I got more then a Stone Bolt this time though in case that happens" He places himself in the open area, and finds himself a rather nice table, clean (mostly) and easily able to watch the door, while having a wall behind him.

Digging through some of his things, he begins to pull out a book before stopping himself, "You know I've spent weeks reading.. I think I need to do something else..." his eyes wander around the area, looking for anything that catches his eye. Pondering he says, "I thought there was a party coming up soon.. I wonder when that is."

With that Garnett wanders into the tavern, his clothes looking well kept but worn a bit from the constant running around of looking for items and other inquiries the past few weeks on the likes of trade. With his best efforts keeping off the mind of the trial, he brushes himself off before looking around. Spying Mobeus he gives a wave and a nod, moving up. "Ah, Mobeus! Tis' been too long; you've a meeting with someone or might I sit down?"

Mobeus nods his head, "Of course, of course.. sit... tell me what has been going on lately? I've been so all consumed with knowledge... I've had little time to have a conversation." Mobeus stretches gently in his chair and lets out a quick yawn.

Yetta and Magnus enter the Tavern for their daily routines. Yetta's of making connections, getting and placing orders, and talking shop, Magnus's of part-time bouncer and generally looking threatening.

Yetta is quite pleased to see familiar faces
"Mobeus! Garnett! Very lovely to see you again!

"Yetta! You look lovely as always.. making Sideburns beautiful one day at a time.." Mobeus smiles and offers a seat to Yetta, "How have you been? It's always good to see Parson's Breach heroes after spending so long sequestered away with a thousand musty tomes." he adjusts his posture and evens out his cloak with a broad smile. "I may have a few business prospects for you too... when the time comes.. I also think Brunor was looking for you."

"As for myself it's not been too bad. I myself am back in the city for a short break-until I am summoned for Laurent's case I have been looking into where I can place my coin. This country has been something I want to put something into, and for that it's been a lot of digging." He smiled lightly at Yetta as he gave a nod to her. "Yetta, good to see you are doing well. I might be as well depending, my efforts have me looking into guilds and local operations to supply, but my grasp on a few aspects here and there of the market have been not always the sharpest. I'm gathering information now, to use later after I find out what happens with my current employ."

Brunor walks into Ogre's head and notices some familiar faces. He proceds to walk up to Mobeus and Garnett. Yetta and Magnus. "How fares the night everyone?"

A face familiar to most enters the tavern, stopping first behind the bar, then making her way around the room. Taking customers orders, darting back and forth with drinks in hand, and of course her tips. It was not long before she found herself greeting Mobeus and those who had joined him.

"It's great to see all of you! How have you all been, can I fetch you anything to drink?"

"Well hello there, good to see familiar faces." Mobeus smiles broadly and nods his head, "Simple some water, would do me well..." he places his hand on the table for a moment, before putting his hands into his sidebag, and pulls out some paper, and ink. He purses his lips for a moment, and then begins to write out a small note. Mobeus casually folds the note and passes it to the serving girl and nods his head. "This is an order for a little later through the night, perhaps you can help with it?"

From the warm windless night, Vaegar enters the Tavern. He takes a seat at a table next to the window and stares out into the darkness. What to do now, he ponders, This city is so strange. Its people too cautionary. What fire is needed to light in there belly the same hatered I feel? .

He takes a brief skim of the people around the Tavern, And these people are the defenders of the realm? The ones who stopped this Kara Vale. The ones who will be sent forth to find the King? They sit about and jest and make pleasent conversation as the world around them is carved apart by their enemies. Strange people. Very strange. I would almost wish to be naked in front of a Pack of Werewolves then....

Suddenly he remembered, and headed for the door out in to the streets.

((*twitch*))

"Tis' been better Brunor, was just a breath of a moment to relax from my travels between the farmsteads and villages." He nodded and then looked to the serving girl with a wry smile. "Water much the same, best be off in a little while and wanting to make sure I'm quenched for the trip if nothin' else." He eyes the dark elf idly as he enters and sits down, though does not lock gazes with him as Vaegar skims about with his eyes, the change of expression if seen noted if it matched the mental monologue. He would turn his head back, focusing to Mobeus. "Back to the original question before the swarming commenced haha, you guess has been good as mine for some things. The rented place I was living at has finished and was sold off-so i'll be looking for a new permanent place to live. Otherwise, if i can find it, i was looking into getting an ox and wagon and trying my luck at more civil matters when we aren't almost dying out somewhere."

Cassandra nods, "I'll be back with your waters.", then goes to get them from the kitchen. As she walks, she reads the note, then slips it in her pouch.

Returning to the table, she sets the glasses down. As she drops off Mobeus's drink, she speaks a soft word by his ear. Addressing the whole of the table now, Cassandra asks, "That's everything for now then? Brunor, did you want something?"

"I'll have a mug of whatever cask has been opened this evening, with a bit of water in it, so it's not too strong. Please bring Magnus whatever he wants, usually Sasha keeps something rare for him too eat. A bit of bread of cheese if you have it, as well. Thank you, Cassandra."

Yetta turns to her companions

"So, gentlemen... you are speaking a great deal about acquiring carts, horses, accomodations, and speak of orders. You know I can make all of that happen-- who would like to give me details and place an order first?"

"Honestly, I'd like to price compare and see if getting a wagon now versus help make one and lower the price but taking longer might be better for my coin purse. There is some adventure in itself for investigating the things, but the assistance would be appreciated." Garnett nodded. "It might be what I live in for a while yet while I find a new place to stay besides the Sanctum out on the road, and a good diversion to studying to kill that which opposes this kingdom that ever-needs assistance." He scratched at his head. "If it goes well, could be a good network as well."

"Ok Garnett, I'll price out some options for you. Please remember that information, rumours, and good-to-know tidbits are accepted as currency with me."

Yetta winks at Garnett

"Brunor, Mobeous mentioned you were looking for me-- anything in particular?"

Mobeus looks to the entrance of the Pub and comments at the Cacophony, "Does anyone else hear all that noise? I wonder what is going on.. some kind of Parade?" His mind is obviously distracted for the moment, losing track of others conversations before commenting, "I will be endeavouring to build up Parson's Breach more during our time there.. The Militia Armaments are almost complete, the stores are getting full, soon we will be able to defend the Breach unlike we never have before..." He slides his hand into one of his many pouches and it makes some minor clinking noises, "I haven't been so forthright in earning money towards this endeavour, mostly just spending it, so we may have to see in time how long it will be before we can start working on fixed permanent structures. I do have some ideas in mind though, when the time comes."

Scratching the back of his head for a moment, "We have our Priorities though, the King must be returned.. Balance must be restored to our land before turmoil sets root and more cases of treason arise."

"Hopefully you'll be rest and relax better Garret. I'll take a mug whatever cask is open as well Cassandra". Brunor turn to Yetta and says "Yes Yetta I was looking for you. I was wondering if you had any luck coming accross a catalyst or a ritural scroll to destory my mace?

" Not yet, Brunor, I promise to let you know the second I learn something."

Yetta turns to Mobeus

"Mobeus, would you clarify for Brunor and I the best place to be looking to find how we can destroy this cursed weapon our dwarf has been saddled with? I could be way off base as to where I've looked so far. I also throroughly agree with you that we need to find the King. People need to get back to their day-to-day lives, this leads to more commerce and makes me happier. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance on that front."

"Catalysts are a rare and powerful reagent of some of the greatest Rituals around. The earliest members of Parson's Breach sent out 3 scouting parties and found only one after quite a lot of effort. The ritual scroll in question however, is not something I would have readily access to.. I can find you the name of the ritual, but the location of such, or someone who could create such... That would have to be much higher then me." Mobeus sips at his water for a moment, before commenting, "There might be a few 'out of the box' methods for fixing this situation too.. I will have to think on them."

Garnett leans out and looks to the streets curiously before coming back with a thoughtful frown and returning to his set, thinking. "Aye, mostly a wait and see for some items-I recall our party recieved a glass one i think. The problem also is we only seem to just as we find one need it for something else quite quickly."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back