Renaming MWEs?

Should we rename MWEs?

• Yes

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
I'd like to rename Mystic Wood Elves for a few reasons:

1. They were originally created when we were NERO, had one chapter, and that chapter had a Mystic Wood. And I'd like to avoid NERO names as much as possible.

2. They're not even elves! Renaming may help that.

Open to suggestion for names, but would prefer something like "biata" or "selunari" that is our own word.

Sourced from other people:

Generic option: Drop the mystic, just Wood Elves.

Other names (will add more if they come up): Satyrii

I don't think renaming them is particularly needed, but in the event it did happen:

I'm reasonably positive very few folks (at least in the Midwest) would notice/care in the slightest if the race got its name formally changed to Meewee, which is a unique term that would work just fine as the name of a race.

I don't really have a strong opinion in either direction, though I can understand the desire to get away from the old name. I'm not particularly fond of Meewee as a name, but either Woodfolk or something referring to their Fae heritage would be a positive step in my opinion.

I don't necessarily think there is anything wrong with the name however as long as rules changes are being made I think we might as well change something for the better. The whole mystic wood thing has always confused me and made me ask 'Hey is the mystic wood a real thing?' That being said I could stand to see the name changed to Wood Folk or something similar and I think that would tie into the name change for barbarians to 'Oathsworn'.

I hate "Meewee."

It always struck me as MMO-style slang. I don't mind the acronym in text discussion, but I looked forward to stabbing people who used "Meewee" IG with my secondary.

I share a similar sentiment with everyone above. I don't have a strong preference either way, but I also am not a fan of when people say "Meewee". I think a name related to their fae hertiage could be pretty cool.

I share a similar sentiment with everyone above. I don't have a strong preference either way, but I also am not a fan of when people say "Meewee". I think a name related to their fae hertiage could be pretty cool.
The word I threw out for some Fae/Woodland heritage elsewhere was "Sylvanborn". Other suggestions are, of course, very welcome.

The only problem I have with the name is Alliance has to many elves.
Mystic Wood Elf
Dark Elf
Stone Elf
and just Elf

Renaming a few of them to get rid of the elf would be nice.

We aren't even elves, really. We just have pointy ears. This is why I really would prefer if we were going to make this change that we had some kind of Fae-origin for our name.

(Note: I play a MWE.)

Reactions: Jim
I'd agree. I dislike them being named with a specific place reference that only ever existed in one campaign. As said above we have too many elves as it stands, and MWE don't share the 'elven' base type characteristics under the rules.

Plus, Meewee is absurd and annoying. Better to rename them and rework the national packet a bit to make them stand alone as a more unique thing to our system.

Throwing my lot in behind Sylvanborn. I played a MWE once upon a time and it seems to me that some people embrace the "Meewee" but I think most players embrace the culture of the individual campaign more than this, in my opinion, silly nickname.

While we're at it, let's go ahead and change the name of "humans" too. Tired of that boring name.

I can't read tone over forum posts so I'm not sure if this is a serious suggestion or just criticism to this unexpected, and as some feel unneeded, change. Could you clarify for me?

I'm cool either way. Also, I like naming things. :D

I was thinking if they are a type of fae, maybe something like Sprites? I'm not sure if we have to come up with a whole new word/concept for them (as apposed to altering existing language), but I like something more individual and specific than faeborn or forestborn. (Technically, my wilderkin was born in the forest, as were many of the dryads.)

In Calgary we've used the term Mystic Wood Elf as a part of the culture, the race identifies as Tari Nor however when they first made contact with civilization they were considered mystic wood elves... A point that they consider racist and assumptive, just because we have pointy ears doesn't make us elves!

I would love something like Faeborn, Fae-kin or Forestborn, I geek out on my race because of it's connection to the fae realm and the classical look at faeries so I'd be totally happy with something surrounding that.

Back