Reparations: Making Farming Equipment for the Trolls

Hello everyone!

I have been tasked, with the help of Sir Corbell, with organizing the creation of farm equipment for the incoming group of trolls. Try as I might, I cannot see myself soloing this endeavor. If some additional smiths would volunteer to help in this, that would be amazing. Also, the idea was mentioned to render the equipment so as to increase the longevity of them. If there are any ritualists available, your help would be also appreciated.

Eli

Last edited:
Well... we don't actually need any farming equipment until spring, since that's when planting and stuff happen, right?

How much equipment are we looking at needing by then?
With the new buildings going up, maybe getting some support would be better for such things long term. Getting a workshop and materials before the winter, and a few apprentices to work during the cold months can make a lot, and the town is growing fast enough to need more workers. Plus, it would give us a shop for that kind of work long term- we have enough local farmers to use it.
I can see about what support I can help with if you choose that route, but the actual crafting is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

Oh, and a note- the last farm I lived on had equipment from multiple generations back, with the newer equipment being stuff that didn't exist back then. I wouldn't worry about needing to render anything unless the trolls use it really, really wrong.

-Fox

The equipment may pay the price of any learning curve the trolls have while adjusting, thus the idea of reandering them. A workshop would be good to setup, but I have need of assistance in that regard. This would be a communal shop, when not prepping for the spring.
By approximation, the total project will require 100 ore, about 10 gold worth.

All of this is in prep for spring, yes. But the best way to show our sincerity towards helping the trolls is making sure we take initiative. Lest the plans of aid be forgotten under winter's snow.

Eli

I would like to help with creating tools and or training for these new trolls. I also wonder if any of them would like to learn the trade of mining. I have a location, and I have need for strong workers.

Hildegarn Forgekeeper
Celestial Smith

Glad to have you aboard. I know Sir Corbell was assisting with the training side of things, but any assistance in crafting is definitely appreciated. Perhaps, if you are willing, we can work together to setup the communal workshops for the town? By doing so, it will give use a space for the crafting. How does that sound?

I would also add that the training may not start until after next market. Something to consider.

Eli

There are many vegetables that can be planted in the winter, cabbage being one of them, if we plant it over the winter it will be ready for harvest come July.

Arugula is another one that we can grow all winter, with a harvest rate of every 40 days.

The other thought is to plant in planters inside of the barn for the more fragile foods.

But the majority of the food staples will be planted come spring, a big concern is ensuring that the trolls have food until the harvest is ready.

Sir Corbell

Turnips are a winter crop. they wont grow big but the leaves can feed livestock and you can eat the bulb. i also have a shipment of ore heading your way to show our intent for peace. Hope this helps.

I, for one, am excited and looking forward to the Cabbage - Arugula - Turnip Winter Festival once the harvest is collected. If any smithy would need help in making the farming implements or gathering resources, I am willing to help.

- Gregor

Can I please get an update on this? How are the trolls doing? Was the missing troll brother who has been missing for almost a year been found?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Baroness FallingStar

Baroness: I have employed several Trolls in my foundry here in Attapul. They have taken to physical labour and enjoy the excavating portion of construction more so than the building aspect. They do get frustrated at times but to this date their has been minimal grumbling. v/r: Heinricht

Can I please get an update on this? How are the trolls doing? Was the missing troll brother who has been missing for almost a year been found?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Baroness FallingStar
The trolls are currently helping the Passwall advancement. Those more familiar with the warfront would be better to speak to than I. As to the farming, it was unfortunately a failure. Try as we might to set them up for success, the trolls don't have the temperament nor the finesse in action to either farm, or smith their own equipment. They are physically strong, almost to their detriment in times that require supple actions.

Back