Resolved Resist destroy magic and ritual backlash question

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Trotta

Spellsword
Diversity Committee
I have a couple of questions about resist destroy magic. In the CMA resist DM says choose immediately when the item is hit by DM. Is the intent that you can only resist a DM that targets the same item the resist is cast on? Resist DM can target a spirit. Would you then read item as spirit so you can only resist a DM targeting your spirit?

Let’s say you backlash a ritual and receive a DM as touch cast and accepted. I assume you can’t resist?

In the CMA resist DM says choose immediately when the item is hit by DM. Is the intent that you can only resist a DM that targets the same item the resist is cast on?
Correct. The Resist Destroy Magic is only usable against Destroy Magic effects that target the item with the Resist Destroy Magic effect on it.

Resist DM can target a spirit. Would you then read item as spirit so you can only resist a DM targeting your spirit?
Item in this case should probably be replaced with target. We will take a look at the wording.

Let’s say you backlash a ritual and receive a DM as touch cast and accepted. I assume you can’t resist?
Correct. Accepted spells bypass defensives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back