Rest ye well, Rockfist

I would like to take a moment to honor dhe memory of dhe late Stoneskull Rockfist. Him was a good man. Him was a brave and kind man who gave of what he had to dhose who did nye have enough. Dhe orphanage was fortunate to have him as a patron. We were lucky to have him as a friend and defender. I hope he spend him time now among him ancestors and him ot'er departed friends.
As is customary, I will share my first memory of dhe deceased.
It was some mont' in winter before dhe spring of The Year of Good Hope. He was called with affection "Buttercup" then. It was when I heard dhat name dhat I knew he was nye a man to be trifled wit'. (she laughs a little) It was my first time in Briarpass. I had nye known how creul dhe place could be. Few would speak wit' me wit'out first averting dheir eyes. Most would nye speak wit' me at all, preferring instead to say some rudeness and bid me away. Most would nye even speak my name, preferring instead to call me "gypsy". It was he who first told me of what was happening to dhe lands. It was he who first made me care and convinced me to stay and fight Quassim. He first called me Marcena.
I wish he had lived long enough for me to at last thank him for dhat. For him support at dhe first. I would he had lived long enough to see dhe scourge dhat he dedicated him life to fighting banished from dhese lands.

May him path be bathed in light so dhat he shall ne'er truly die,

~Marcey

It seems in this case, Rockfist was wrong, and he did not see me fall before him, a shame that such a warrior wasted so much of his life shouting at those who may have been his friend.

-Lurin
Eternal Archduke of Wayside

Garmock will be missed. He will live on forever in our hearts and spirits. And his spirit will once again enter the cycle to be rebourne and Fortanis will once again breathe life into his spirit. Dramathan and I delivered the news to his family. The Rockfist tribe has gifted a token and tribal relic to us in reconigation to what we have done for each other. I have in my posession on the alter to remember those who have passed the spirit farwell item that Garmock and his tribe have held so dear. It is a great honor that we would be gifted this item.
It is times like these that we realize that we are not seperate races but, one town, one community, one family.

Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Although others may be able to do the story more justice, in short he accepted the charges of consorting with Necromancers and/or Undead and failed to resurrect after waving his right to a trial and accepting the sentence of death. I only saw what happened publicly as a visitor to wayside, however the masters of the land present were satisfied that justice was served. I myself offer no opinion in the circumstance, he faced death honorably and without flinching as befits one of his kind. His strength in battle will be missed however.

May the stars shine on all of us,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

I are know Stoneskull fo a li' while, but I are know he were a goo', ston' man whit many who am care fo 'im. He lent meh him dagga when I are first come tah Wayside, and I will alway 'member dhat.

May dha Earth embrace ya spirit an foreva comfor' ya warriors heart. Ta me you will alway be rememba'd as Hoblin' Orc Sheriff Stoneskull Man, an a man dhat I whish I are woulda had mo' time ta meet.

-Hisagi Hengin

Garmok had not always made the right decisions but in the end he made the choice to pay for his crimes. He died with honor and integrity and of his own free will. His spirit will live on in our hearts, minds, and our very spirits. He will be missed.

Rockfist and I were not friends and often times pushed one another to the edge of violence however Briarpass is weaker for not having him around. Despite our differences in opinions and actions he did strengthen the town in many ways.

It is good to hear dhat like all of our friends and family dhat have passed on as of late, dhis rings true for Garmok:

He is nye gone. He is just dead.

~Marcey

I'd be thinkin' that, just pr'haps, the bloody tribe that was just lettin' him carry the thing about out o' pity for not bein' able to come out best in a fair challenge might want it back. Of course, I'm no adventurer these days, but I'd suggest that ye might want ta chat with tha Orcs after makin' any big decisions about what ye're doin' with their stuff.

Other'n that, I cannae say 'm terribly surprised that Stoneskull stepped in front o' a cart. Makes me a bit more nervous, though. Dumb as a box of rocks he could be, aye, but consortin' with Necromancers? Not bloody likely. I warned ya earlier that things were lookin' ugly, seems 'twasn't far off the mark. I'll certainly not be puttin' m'self back in arm's reach o' Wayside any time soon.

-Padraig

Back