Returning...home?

BruceMiller

A letter is delivered to Foxridge by courier and is posted in the Inn by a villager-

Dear Kel, Land Covenant, and company of friends,
I have been wandering between the mists, trying to find my way back. I have feared the worst since my absence as I have had no word of the fate of my friends and the town of Foxridge. I hope that this letter finds you all. I managed to find a small cottage with a farm somewhere in another land across the mists. The farmer was sick when I found him and living alone. He was an elderly man and a veteran of battles that he never would speak of, though his collection of old weapons and armor told stories all their own. I made an agreement with him that I would assist him with the farm and help him gain his strength in exchange for food and lodging. After days of helping this man, he became well. He shared with me his collection of books to help me practice my reading. The books were accounts of ancient battles, outlining tactics and strategies. The man was harsh at times. There were days I felt he would send me on my way with his anger toward my need for glory and recognition. There was an incident with a group of bandits who attempted to rob the farm. In the course of combat, I managed to make quite a mess on some of the crops which he found very displeasing. He told me that every life is important, and that justice has it's price. Even though some justice was spent, he made me clean the bloodied crops. He said, "No matter the reason for bloodshed, there is bloodshed. Killing makes a mess, and if you make that mess, you should be there to clean it up." I was annoyed by this at first. But now, as I venture out of the farm, it's meaning is becoming clearer, and my purpose, more defined.
The old man gave me a few of his books and a few maps to help get me back to Foxridge. By the time I return, I hope to find you all healthy and well.

Maahes Leonin

Back