riddle me this: the guardian and the cave

so a couple adventurers and I spent a good portion of the day solving mathematical puzzles to unleash some creatures that were angry. Apparently I got a whack on the head because there was an evil wizard involved, snakes, and a guardian. I can't remember for the life of me why we were solving the puzzles

-james the inconcievable of harbors far

You need a reason to solve puzzles? That is simply... inconceivable.

well no... that's why i wasn't paying attention to the rest

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

So ya went 'an killed dhis dhing an' solved dhese puzzles whitout knowin why? Seem like I gotta lotta teachin' tah do bout not doin' stupid dhings.

-Hengin

there are lots of pieces missing from the story that i haven't attempted to explain, and i'm seeing if someone else came to the same conclusions as i without revealing and thus contaminating the thoughts and reasoning of any other participant.

besides, it is inherent in the action that it can not have been stupid.

Dhat jus' stupid dhinkin. Dhink in a straight line, dhen folk maybe answa ya.

-Hengin

what part of the logic is non-linear?

which is the part that doesn't fly straight?

Let me 'splain it litta betta.

Ya don' rememba dhis dhing, so ya ask wha happen. Dhat all good. But dhen ya try an say dhat ya lef' out dhings dhat ya did 'member so dhat folk don' get dhere story contaminated whit what ya already know...but how dhat make sense if ya be askin' fo help 'memberin in dha first place. If ya wan' help just tell folk what ya remember an what ya don', and wait fo dhem tah fill in dha empty spots.

I was jus' sayin at firs' dhat it be stupid an' foolish tah go an do dhese puzzles an' kill dhis dhing whitout knowin why ya did it. What if he be a frien' how was im a rough spot an couldn' figa out how ta tell ya? What I be gettin' at is know why ya do dhings, don' jus' do dhem cuz ya can. Hav' a strong mind and ya live lot longa.

-Hengin

hahahaha, you are assuming a lot there.

Ye be worryin too much, think I ain't knowin how te keep me nose clean.

i remember some things. and of course i left out things i remember, i don't need help remembering the things i remember. i need help remembering things i don't remember, or was never there to experience. don't worry about the circumstances because you obviously weren't there and don't know what's going on. this is no offense at you, you just weren't there. because of that, the rationale you have been putting forth has been flawed. I have said what i haven't said with meaning and significance, and without the said parts of not saying, the events are irreconcilable with the argument you have put forth. and not saying things with meaning, means those things need not be said, and will be mentioned no more

-james the inconceivable of Harbors Far

wow... that got away from me

yes i am keeping benign secrets so that i can get confirmation of my suspicions

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

Two dhings...firs' wow...dhat was stupid talk...way to much talkin...you need tah learn tah speak whit dha tongue ya gots, not five oda's.

second, I aint been dhere, but it seem like a mistrust lots a folk an from waht I be hearin ya don't come right out whit dhings. I leave it dhere...good luck an hopefulla ya don' die cuzza dhat dhinkin.

-Hengin

*sigh* last time trying to explain my motivations

when I recite my view of evemts, a person can simply agree with me, which is no help. So to make sure I don't influence the way people who might have been there think about the event, I leave out all the details. If someone else would like an account of events, then that is different. But I am seeking an account of the events so reciting what I know is counter productive.

third time is the charm though. Maybe now you can understand me. Though I think this is time number four...

-james the inconceivable of harbors far

I undastand ya from dha firs' time...it just a strange way tah go about it...sorra fo' makin' ya waste so much breath.

-Hengin

hahaha well it seems no one takes to me too well ceptin harbors far

-james the inconceivable of harbors far

I liked the riddles. At least they didn't attack us. Well... sort of. We did get attacked for wrong answers.
-Lok of Harbors Far, Captain.

Back