Status
Not open for further replies.

GJohn

PC A uses a two-handed weapon.

NPC B uses a sword and a shield.

PC A calls PTD, hits NPC B and calls "Disarm Shield"

NPC B calls "Riposte"

Questions regarding this:

1.) Would PC A call "Taken" or "Got it" and not have to drop their two-handed weapon because the original call was "Disarm Shield"?
2.) Would NPC B be able to call "Riposte Disarm Right Arm" or something like that thus forcing PC A to open his right hand or call another defense?

I apologize if these questions were already answered or should have been posted to the other Rules forum.

John

Page 59 of the new rule book, under Disarm

"A Magic Armor, Parry, Riposte, or Dodge protects against a Disarm and expends the Disarm."

If I am reading this right, the combat would go as follows:

PC A calls "Prepare to Die, Disarm Shield", and swings "Disarm" until he hits NPC B.

NPC B calls "Riposte"

PC A would not have to call anything and would continue fighting as if the Riposte acted like a Parry?

John

GJohn said:

PC A calls PTD, hits NPC B and calls "Disarm Shield"

NPC B calls "Riposte"

Questions regarding this:

1.) Would PC A call "Taken" or "Got it" and not have to drop their two-handed weapon because the original call was "Disarm Shield"?
2.) Would NPC B be able to call "Riposte Disarm Right Arm" or something like that thus forcing PC A to open his right hand or call another defense?

I apologize if these questions were already answered or should have been posted to the other Rules forum.

John

1) The call for NPC A would be "No Effect" since they don't have a shield
2) The call "Riposte Disarm right arm" would be considered a bad verbal and your riposte would be lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back