Resolved Ritual Failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcloud

Scholar
This has become a source of debate.

A ritual will automatically backlash if ANY of the following conditions occur after the caster states "Begin ritual casting" and before the ritual is complete.... the caster loses possession OR sight of the ritual scroll"

Can you please more definitively define posession and sight?

Does placing the scroll on the ground in front of where im sitting and not remaining in contact with it count as loss of posession?

Does taking my eyes off the scroll for 2 or 3 seconds to look at something going on outside the circle count as loss of sight, specifically because for those few seconds I can't read the scroll?

Are the two mutually exclusive of either other? So losing either sight or posession causes a failure? If so, why are they not separate bullet points?

With the current wording in the 2.0 rulebook, loss of possession would not occur if you set it on the ground, as long as no one else picks it up, or it doesn't blow away or you otherwise lose control of it.

Loss of sight would occur if you looked away from the scroll and did not keep it in your field of view.

You can certainly have either possession but not sight (sitting on it) or sight but not possession (in someone else’s hand), and either of those two instances would result in a backlash.

I’m more than willing to debate my own grammatical choices, but I can’t provide any insight into why the choice was made to make these two things a single line item.

There were changes made in the 2.1 December packet to this specifically, so it is probably worth your time to review that section of the packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back