Ritual Limit question

Thanks for the heads up and clarifications, JP.

EC_JP said:
3) the concept of caster-created flaws has come up several times in the past, both through formal and informal channels, but (to date) have all been either extremly powergamey ("you mean I can specify that only people with my name can use it? I'll never need a spirit lock again!" or extremly unwieldy (adding a dozen pages to the book seems a bit much).

~JP, East Coast

I still intend to submit something. I will keep in mind length and cheesiness. Thanks again!

-Seth/Alavatar

Sarah said:
EC_JP said:
1) multiple duration extenders take up multiple slots on an item (say you want an elemental aura and an earth aura, that means you need both an E and a C extender, so you're at 4 rituals with just the 2 auras and 2 extenders)

~JP, East Coast

I'm curious as to why this would be ruled this way, as it's logistically more unwieldy and more of a headache in the long-term than just having one extend do it.

It's also harder on the already meager ritual portion of the treasure policy and a bit of slap to an already under-used skill thus, making said skill even less desirable to players.

Maybe because it's school-specific (earth vs celestial)? Conceptually and logically, it makes sense to me, but that could be because my mind is wonky like that. :p

Avaran said:
Sarah said:
EC_JP said:
1) multiple duration extenders take up multiple slots on an item (say you want an elemental aura and an earth aura, that means you need both an E and a C extender, so you're at 4 rituals with just the 2 auras and 2 extenders)

~JP, East Coast

I'm curious as to why this would be ruled this way, as it's logistically more unwieldy and more of a headache in the long-term than just having one extend do it.

It's also harder on the already meager ritual portion of the treasure policy and a bit of slap to an already under-used skill thus, making said skill even less desirable to players.

Maybe because it's school-specific (earth vs celestial)? Conceptually and logically, it makes sense to me, but that could be because my mind is wonky like that. :p

It can't be just you, because this is how I always thought it was and when told it was different I thought it was just weird.

yep, you two are right. Earth rituals are extended only by earth aspected extension rituals and celestial rituals are only extended by celestial aspected extension rituals. If you have an item with 4 earth and 5 celestial rituals and you want it to be permanent, then you need two permanence rituals and they each count as a ritual on the item.

Back