ROLEPLAYERS PARTY EXPRESS VAN

how about saturday just before logistics those interested meet near monster camp to get a good list and find a time to further plan things out?

This is from a current gas price calculator i found(also for passenger van). Assuming we will get worse gas mileage i think we should round up to 400. at 12 people that puts us at just under 35 bucks a person just on gas. Not to mention so far I can't find a rental van for under 400 bucks for the 5 days we would need it. that puts us at 70 before a trailer. the good news is this is far cheaper than flying. the question is do we have 12 people that wanna spend that and the 60 to play in ohio, food along the way, etc....i will check out more mileage stuff at different car sizes and whatnot.

One-Way Trip: 811 Miles
67.58 Gallons Used
$183.43 Fuel Cost

Round-Trip: 1622 Miles
135.16 Gallons Used
$366.86 Fuel Cost

Also, one can NPC for I think it is either 10 or 15 dollars, so that makes it a little cheaper in the way.

Thorador said:
Also, one can NPC for I think it is either 10 or 15 dollars, so that makes it a little cheaper in the way.

I think NPC'ing is still free and the money is for food.

satsukirebel said:
Thorador said:

To be clear and to prevent future questions, remember this is in regards to the national event, not local SoMN ones!

Lurin said:
satsukirebel said:
Thorador said:

To be clear and to prevent future questions, remember this is in regards to the national event, not local SoMN ones!

I know, to quote the national event website:

PC with Pre-Registration: 60$ USD
PC without Pre-Registration: 70$ USD

NPC (no Pre-Registration needed): Free (may pay 15$ for food)

Food: 15$
NPCs who wish to eat on site must pay food cost.

I am going to attempt to compile a list of people that have responded and expressed interest.

1. Adam Rosenfield
2.Al
3. Gorka (sorry forgot your real name ><)
4.Timothy McComas-Bussa
5.Dawson Davis
6.Alexander S. Thompson
7.Tristin Williams
8.Nathan Klisch
9.Crystal
10. Michael Hirl
11. Maria Johnson
12. Andrew R. Cameron

Now I also looked some stuff up and did some calculations:
**I round up to multiples of 5 once or twice, meaning these estimates are probably on the high side.
Gas: 2.80
Miles: 1640
MPG:
-Good: 21
-Bad: 10
12 passenger van rental: $400-500 dollars
Trailer rental: $100-140
Individual food costs: $5-20
Cost of event: PC - $60, NPC - Free(or $15 for food)

Best case scenario, trip will cost someone: PC - $125, NPC - $80(75 if brings own food)
Worst case scenario, trip will cost someone: PC - $175, NPC - $130(115 if brings own food)

It is possible these are inaccurate, but I tried to do some research and such and after looking about this is pretty accurate.
Also I have looked at flying prices and they are all at least a hundred dollars more.

I wonder how Airport security would handle the boffers and armor

also can we get an estimate on leaving MN time and Getting back to MN time?

When we meet up to plan next weekend, maybe we should contribute a down payment for the van rental so we are committed and no one gets stuck with that cost out of pocket strait off.

DracoIam said:
I wonder how Airport security would handle the boffers and armor

also can we get an estimate on leaving MN time and Getting back to MN time?

When we meet up to plan next weekend, maybe we should contribute a down payment for the van rental so we are committed and no one gets stuck with that cost out of pocket strait off.

Anyone who wants to do this, please meet in the parking lot after Logistics on Saturday.

I think a down payment would be a good idea, I would thing something around $20 would be good. Also, since there mght not be enough room, first come first serve, or you can scalp your tickets later. :p

it might be a lot cheaper to caravan it in 2 or 3 smaller cars cause the gas mileage would be basically doubled. we get a trailer and hitch for one of the cars and everyone chips in a little money for their reduced gas mileage because of it. but that's just an idea.

compact car....
Your 1650.0 mile (2655.3 km) road trip will cost you about $151.25 in fuel, based on an efficiency of 30.00 miles per gallon and a total fuel volume of 55.00 gallons (your fuel cost per mile will be about 0.09).

Taking multiple vehicles will cost more in the area of the gas, but if you adjust for the rental price it probably would come out cheaper.

then to maximize seat capacity you could still rent a trailer for gear and put it on the largest of the cars. also the other cars could then supplement a bit to that car for the lower gas mileage.

-dawson

If you're caravaning just have a gas pool for all the cars- no one needs to supplement anything. You can split it all equally.

Now if we caravan, we need cars, so a question would be, who has cars that have good gas mileage, and atleast one that could pull a trailer?
I *could* use my car, but it is old and I wouldn;t trust it on a long trip, but it is there.

I can have the money for the trip because I will be taking my vacation pay.

Might I add everyone check out the National Event thread because we will be needing to reserve space, be it either tenting or cabins....I highly recommend tenting because last event I was dead tired for work because I couldn't get to sleep with all the commotion.

For those SURE you are coming please get in contact with me, we are looking at reserving a cabin for SoMN+Chicago travellers

I just need to know how much the trip will come out to. If its under $50 (for gas) I think I can swing it.

Back