Rulebook Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackice

I'm getting ready to attend my first event this weekend. I tried to read through the rulebook but it is extremely unwieldy and hard to navigate. The "crunch" (or technical rules) are hidden in an abundance of "fluff" (or flavor detail). Also, the order of the rules within the book is really not user- friendly, to the point that skimming through the rulebook is almost impossible (you're more likely to miss important stuff). This is very deterring for a new player.
So my questions are these-

1. Is there an official/unofficial summary out there? (either sanctioned by ARC or independent fan-made)?
2. If there isn't, and I would like to try my hand at making one, are there any limitations for posting it here?

1. There is no official rules summary. Any unofficial ones that I have seen are made for personal use, by cutting out sections of the PDF. I cut my PDF down to about 80 pages of actual rules.
2. The Alliance core rulebook is copyrighted material and any distribution would have to go through the owner of the material. Basically, you can quote the book to clarify an issue but releasing a multipage document of the rules sort of undermines the writer and the publishing house.

I feel your pain on the rules. I wouldn't have organized it the way they did, but the game is not diminished by the rulebook. Players and staff are almost always patient and willing to help new players along. The basics of the system are not hard to grasp and can often be explained quickly.

Sorry you find the rulebook not to your liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back