Rules and Policies for 2013

This post is to inform you of new and continuing policies for the New Hampshire chapter.

We are instituting a 3 to 1 PC to NPC Ratio

We have been trying to avoid this for some time, but in order to give you the players the best possible experience at our events we simply need more resources to work with. This means more NPCs. In order to facilitate this we have instituted a ratio. For every NPC we have we will have 3 PC slots. This will ensure more mods, bigger battles with lower statted individual NPCs, and more immersive roleplay in and around the town.

In order to get this to work, we will be posting lists of registered NPCs and PCs on our boards that will be updated frequently. We will add new PC slots as we get NPC registrations. If you are going to NPC PLEASE REGISTER. This is very important to ensure the maximum number of PC open slots. The best way to ensure that you get one of the open spots is to Pre-register and Pre-logist. It helps you and us cut down logistics lines and gets you in game faster.

For further enticement, we will be upping our NPC compensation and providing new Paragon Racial and Class templates for purchase. These will be posted shortly. If you have any questions on this policy then please feel free to create a thread and ask.

Plot Effects for the 2013 Season

Insanity Effect-This effect mimics the mental ability Cause Insanity. If you are struck by this and it resolves, you will be given an Insanity to roleplay and a mental ability level that will apply to it for removal effects. Effect Group is Other, and any applicable delivery defenses will work.

Erasure-This effect will temporarily remove all copies of a spell from memory. The verbal incant will be Erasure (Spell Name). Effect Group is other, and there are no applicable defenses.

Explosive Carrier-This will work exactly as written in the ARB with the exception that there is no radial effect. If a weapon blow resolves and removes body points, then all in game items carried on you will be effected as if you were caught in an explosive trap.

Alchemical Entangle-This effect is for flavor only. An Alchemical Entangle will function in all ways as an Arcane Entangle except that the origin is clearly non magical.

This list will be updated as needed.

deadlandsrules said:
Erasure-This effect will temporarily remove all copies of a spell from memory. The verbal incant will be Erasure (Spell Name). Effect Group is other, and there are no applicable defenses.

Is it the intent this not be dodgeable?

You are correct. The intent is for this effect to not be dodgeable.

Can Insanity be refused as per mental power rules?

If a player has more racial levels then the level of the Insanity attack, may that player "deny" the attack on the grounds the mental power is insufficient to overcome the characters defenses. Basically can superior mental levels be used as a "applicable defence"?
--bill

A) Yes, if you feel uncomfortable with the effect given you may either ask for another effect or treat the attack as a 50 Elemental Body attack with appropriate defenses applicable.

B) Yes

deadlandsrules said:

How will this affect reversible spells and/or spells that have multiple possible incants? (Life Spell/Death Spell, Stone/Lightening/Ice/Flame Blast)

What is the duration?

Does this affect your ability to use Magic Items with the same incant? ie, I lose my Cure Mortal Wounds from memory, can I still activate a CMW magic item? If I have the necessary levels, can I activate it normally "Activate Cure Mortal Wounds" or would I need to active it with the full incant for the duration of the effect?

~Joe

Morai said:
deadlandsrules said:

How will this affect reversible spells and/or spells that have multiple possible incants? (Life Spell/Death Spell, Stone/Lightening/Ice/Flame Blast)

What is the duration?

Does this affect your ability to use Magic Items with the same incant? ie, I lose my Cure Mortal Wounds from memory, can I still activate a CMW magic item? If I have the necessary levels, can I activate it normally "Activate Cure Mortal Wounds" or would I need to active it with the full incant for the duration of the effect?

~Joe

A)All possible aspects of the spell will be lost

B) This is an "Encounter Duration" meaning that once used the spells are lost to the effect they are gone until an announcement ending the effect is made.

C) Magic Item use is not effected in any way.

Building on Bill's question, if you are hit with an Insanity effect and have sufficient mental ability level of your own to defend against it, what is the proper call?

A few things I am pondering.
Alchemical Entangle : Can Resist Poison protect against this? Poison Shield? Should we expect orange packets or white?
Arcane Entangle : I was under the impression that this was also not magical. Seeing how I thought Resist Magic did not protect against it.

Shhh said:
Building on Bill's question, if you are hit with an Insanity effect and have sufficient mental ability level of your own to defend against it, what is the proper call?

No Effect

Delaldur said:
A few things I am pondering.
Alchemical Entangle : Can Resist Poison protect against this? Poison Shield?
Arcane Entangle : I was under the impression that this was also not magical. Seeing how I thought Resist Magic did not protect against it.

A)It does not contain the word Poison, so neither of those defenses are applicable.

B)As I said, this is flavor. Arcane is connected with magical energies though not the Magic delivery.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Can the Explosive carrier be blocked with weapons?

Yes. It will follow all of the rules for weapon attacks and carriers.

deadlandsrules said:
Explosive Carrier-This will work exactly as written in the ARB with the exception that there is no radial effect. If a weapon blow resolves and removes body points, then all in game items carried on you will be effected as if you were caught in an explosive trap.

tumblr_m7jrwj9ZbI1qixaep.gif

Zack,
You should not say things like that. Plot people tend to take things like that as a challenge...

~Joe

Back