Rules Change for upcoming Deadlands event

avalon willowcrest said:
the call for a prepare to die skill is "POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!"

anyone under the fear effect group is now supposed to say "WOOP WOOP WOOP WHOOP" along with a pinching motion with thier hands and running sideways

If I get to do the Zoidberg dance, maybe I'll take a fear or two this event....

It's all fun and games until Dan rifts you out to a mod that actually requires all these rules.

Deadlands is introducing a new effect, Outplay. Outplay can be used when an opponent utilizes an activated defensive such as Parry, Cloak, Dodge or Resist. Outplay negates that defensive effect and prevents it and similar defenses from being used again against the same attack. For example, Paladin Crowe hits Necalli with an Magic Eviscerate. Necalli calls a Parry. Paladin Crowe responds with an Outplay, causing Necalli's Parry to be expended without working and preventing him from using a second Parry or a Riposte against the Magic Eviscerate. Necalli can still Resist, Dodge or Phase the effect. In a second example, Duke Southkin hits Bjorn with a Prison. Bjorn calls Bane, and Southkin responds with an Outplay. Bjorn's Bane is expended without effect, and Bjorn can no longer use Bane or Cloak against this Prison spell. Bjorn can still Dodge, Resist, Phase or Spell Parry the Prison. Outplay will not bypass "dummy" defenses such as Magic Armor, Spell Shield or <effect> Guard. For the purposes of Outplay the groups of similar defenses are Weapon Blocks (Parry, Spell Parry, Riposte), Avoidances (Dodge, Evade, Phase), Magic Defenses (Cloak, Bane, Greater Spellstore) and Stoutness (Resist skills). The use of Outplay requires a three count, for which the verbal is I deke you 1, I deke you 2, I deke you 3. Upon completion of the triple deke the Outplay is complete and the attack has landed unless a new defensive is used. Outplay may not be used twice for the same attack.

These rules need to be posted somewhere more prominently. I didn't see any of the alternate calls being used last event.

Just because they weren't used on you doesn't mean they weren't used.

I definitely took a Naruto Eviscerate.

It was dumb. But, I took it.

Someone used Outplay. I can't remember who at the moment but I know it was used. We should verify that it was done according to the letter of the rules because otherwise that's cheating.

in regards to the "suck less in the futura" comments mentioned above...one of the greatest things I heard at the June event while in the middle of a glob of people trying to keep from getting killed by seanvoidmetzler and the surrounding circle of death and void thingys was:

Gary: 20 shatter spirit
Tempesta: (me trying to find a place to put my stuff so I could go die explaining to Meghan I'm down I just gotta get my stuff off)
Sevaria: Parry!
Aisling to Tempesta: Don't get hit!
Tempesta: That's a good plan

but in all seriousness I think the coolest thing would be if you get hit with a FEAR thing you should have to recite that Fear speech from Dune about the Fear passing through you ...etc.

There are new exemptions for any player that can prove that they have been a Doughnut for ten years or more in their Alliance LARP career. I have archived the level of cruller (twelfth level Doughnut) myself, and am thus entitled to said exemptions.

Exemption one: Weapon damage, carrier attacks, offensive spells, alchemy attacks… etc need not be called correctly. It should be understood by the other player/NPC that the intent is to cause damage and they should just fall down at some point before the old Doughnut gets tired of swinging and yelling.

Exemption two: Embarrassing your self in front of a rules martial by making wrong damage calls, forgetting your stats, or killing the mod hook, more then once an event earns you fifty goblin stamps per occasion.

I think there are some more out there, but I have forgotten them

Back