Rules issues that arose during the event

I thought I'd bring them up before they were forgotten about.
A few questions came up about the usage of the skills Remove Gypsy Curse and Break Command, specifically pertaining to how close you must be to someone in order to use them.
Per the description of those skills, you must be touching someone to Remove a Gypsy Curse, and be able to touch someone in order to Break a Command.

obcidian said:
Per the description of those skills, you must be touching someone to Remove a Gypsy Curse

Yes, you have to be touching the person to use the skill Remove Gypsy Curse.

obcidian said:
and be able to touch someone in order to Break a Command.

And yes, you have to be within "touching" distanst you use the skill Break Command.

What is the here-after rules call for Alchemical Light and the Light spell, as they pertain to weapon carrier attacks?

Damien said:
What is the here-after rules call for Alchemical Light and the Light spell, as they pertain to weapon carrier attacks?

The use of a light effect on a weapon to grant the light carrier was specific to the encounter in which it was used, and will not be valid outside of that instance unless otherwise specified in a future encounter.

A couple other clarifications:

Enslavement antidote works against enslavement only, not "enslavement-like" effects (controlled by... or Vampire Charm)

Break Command and Resist Command work against Vampire Charm, but no other Greater Command effects.

jpariury said:
Break Command and Resist Command work against Vampire Charm, but no other Greater Command effects.

They work against no Greater Command effect- Vampire Charm is now just a Command effect, which was probably done so there would be no exceptions to the rule of what they work against. I only point it out so those with a Cloak or Bane Command know they can use that defense against Vampire Charm.

Removal

Does the person removing a Gypsy Curse need to have a packet to do so?

-Gid

Thankee... I play in several different games, many of which have similar rules.
Sometimes it is very hard to keep straight which "Gypsy curse" requires packets, and the like.

Imagine, if you will, you are me.

no, on second thought, don't do that... kinda scary

Imagine you're an undead in combat and try to affect someone with a sanctuary up, and they keep calling no effect to your swings.

"But I am a greater..." you protest.

They laugh, then remind you this is NERO alliance.

Yeah... like that.

Thanks again,
-Gideon

Back