Rules of knighthood and interactions around Fairfax Manner

I would like to start collecting the information and rules that I will need to know for squirehood. It is my ultimate goal to become a knight for this kingdom. If there is anyone who could help me gather up what the laws and rules of etiquette are for these lands and knighthood/squirehood, the help would be greatly appricated. Thank you.

Kat,

I vas a pleasure to meet you zhis market day and I vish you well on your quest. I made a short list of some great ideas for an updated code:

·A knight is sworn to valour

·His/Her heart knows only virtue

·His/Her blade defends the helpless

·His/Her might upholds the weak

·His/Her word speaks only truth

·His/Her wrath undoes the wicked.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think these are zee actual oaths/tenets of Knightly conduct for Wayside:

• Thou Shalt Respect the Weak and Thou Shalt Constitute Thyself the Defender of Them
  • Thou Shalt Love the Country to Which Thou Hath Sworn Fealty
  • Thou Shalt Not Recoil Before Thine Enemy
  • Thou Shalt Make War Against Evil Without Cessation
  • Thou Shalt Scrupulously Perform Thy Noble Duties be they not contrary to the Laws of the Land
  • Thou Shalt Never Lie and Thou Shall Remain Faithful to Thy Word
  • Thou Shalt be Generous and Thou Shalt give Freely to Others
  • Thou Shalt be Everywhere and Always the Champion of the Right and the Good Against Injustice and Evil

Zese should be your first sets of principles...In addition, some things to help you

1) Maintain proper forms of address and understand zee current noble system.

For example:
Knight- Ser/Sera ( A is added for lady knights)
Baron/Baroness- Your excellency
Duke/Duchess- Your Grace
King/Queen-Your Majesty
Prince/Princess- Your highness (I don't think zee king is married, or has kids...but I vish him well in both endeavors)

2) Seek to understand zee world around you, study geography, and current events.

3) Be a bridge builder...If you see a problem, look for a solution, seek peace vhen you can, etc.

4) Keep your heart and conscience clean Kat...you vill get there.

Just some ideas.

Jehan T Wyldweaver

Kat,

I will be staying at the Fairfax Manor. If you wish to speak to me about this matter I'd would be glad to spend the time.
Or if you just wish to talk you may contact me privately.

Squire Foss Siril of Wayside

Although I cannot truly help in the matter, let me know what I, and the Company, can do to help.

Ignathis Nachtfeuer of the Company

·A knight is sworn to valour

·His/Her heart knows only virtue

·His/Her blade defends the helpless

·His/Her might upholds the weak

·His/Her word speaks only truth

·His/Her wrath undoes the wicked.

Jehan had this correct. This was the code for a knight for sure, as Sir Ganavan and I would spar and recite these tenants many a training session.

Learn these well if you wish to walk this path.

With love and laughter,
Eldandiril Zanabanath
Former Knight of Wayside.

Kat,

I will be staying at the Fairfax Manor. If you wish to speak to me about this matter I'd would be glad to spend the time.
Or if you just wish to talk you may contact me privately.

Squire Foss Siril of Wayside
Squire Foss

It would be wonderful and extremely helpful to spend time under your wing. I would love to learn from you more often. Best place to learn is most defienatly under another that is training or has completed that path. I luckly got the chance to speak breafly with the Baron, the Duchess, and Ser Silverleaf on this matter. Ser Sivlerleaf said it would be best if I did spend time around Fairfax Manor and doing things with those there. Though I will not be at next market day as I need to explore this new land some but I will return the one after that. It would be a pleasure to work with you while we wait.

Kathrina "Kat" Taliss

Back