Rules proposal in general

Kauss

Fighter
Mayhap it is just me, but most of the proposal's I am seeing are either small corrective changes or Power gains for charicters. With the wand changes and armor changes together it seems to me that plot will just have to ramp up the monsters to an all new level just to keep up, and none of these changes really need you to be high level (not even mid for the most part) so it fails to address the mid and high level charicter issues we keep having (power balance, charicter balance, combat monsters vs spending build in any way other than combat, new places to go when high level)
Is this just me or are others seeing this as well?

Corrective changes sure (one handed blocking on staves, short sword claws, merchanting, etc).
I get a bit of that "Make it bigger" vibe off of the armor, too. (And said so in that thread.)
Wands I don't mind because it's generally less then 10 damage (I can't think of anyone with a bigger C tree then me, and I'm quite a ways from 10) and it's not a spell. If you got 30+ spell shield poppers per day, then it's broken and uber. But it's elemental, and it's basically an unblockable arrow (which you pay for by not being able to block yourself).
Aside from a few new spells (which we haven't seen all of) and dropping Detect Magic (which I figure is to stop the "I know, I'll cast detect magic.... Uh.. OOG, does anyone know if this is magical? We should go find a marshal," thing), there really isn't much else.

Back