Sad News

Dear friends and fellow companions of the Deadlands. Many of you who were at the last gathering during which we created a new bastion may remember Squire Koshinara. He traveled from the lands of Icenea was a great help and mighty arm in our forces all through that gathering. I myself fought alongside him to kill the tainted Undead that attacked the town before the bastion was created.

It is with a very heavy heart and great sadness that I must report he has permanently died in the last gathering in Fairdale. Cauldron born Trolls overwhelmed him and a small party and his spirit failed to resurrect. For those who knew him and were his friends there will most likely be a spirit farewell for him in the upcoming months in his homeland. If you are interested and willing to travel, keep an ear out in the dream lands.

And furthermore, let it be known that in Squire Koshinaras death, Duke Frost himself proclaimed him a Knight of Icenea and of the Ash Forest. Let us not forget those who live and die with honor. Let us not forget Sir Koshinara. Long live the honored dead.

In great sadness,
- Wizard Eldarion Avari

Not only a knight, but a Lord of Icenia. He was a man most honorable, and his fire burned bright.

Hail the glorious dead.

- Sevaria of Goshawk

Lord Knight Koshinara was a friend whom I would have followed into any danger. I owe him my life on more battlefields than I can possibly recall. From our old days in Chiram's Hollow, to the many foes of Icenia, he stood strong and held fast all that we hold dear and true. In Syrrandor, he would "cut loose" and you got to see his humor, and his personality without the heavy weight of his responsibilities. He made me look the fool in every sparing match we ever had. I will truly miss those days.

In Icenia he followed the Code more truly than I could ever. He lead the people of Icenia along side his Baron with dedication and skill. He gave to those in need, and he protected the weak. He was not afriad to take action, and did not hesitate when an order was given.

Lord Knight Koshinara was a true Hero. He was the Champion of Awesome. I am proud to have called him friend.

Hail the Glorius Dead

Amaranthus Landcharmer

Lord Knight Koshinara never knew me, but he stood between Skylar and I. Clearly, he had a heart to rival even the greatest of the Einhenjar. The dark elf wrote that Koshinara was overcome by Deep Trolls, but we all know that he wasn't fighting them for money or glory, and that there was a great cause involved. He was probably saving babies or something, and he probably didn't die from any of the troll's weapon blows, but rather his own self inflicted wounds caused by the thousands of headbutts he delivered to said trolls after he decided that he would be extra valiant and leave his weapons at home, even with a hundred babies at stake. That's what I would expect from this man.

-Ansgar.

i fought beside lord knight koshinara as well during the fight for the creation of the circle and it saddens me to think that such a person, who showed such courage against overwhelming odds and i only knew a short time fell in battle and will not return. i hope that his spirit finds a peacefull rest.

I cannot sufficiently express through words the sadness that flooded my heart at this news.

I only knew Sir Koshinara, a title which he deserves thrice over, for a short period of time. And yet, young and inexperienced as I was, wandering in a strange new land, whisked away by mists, and deposited on an island infested with hostile creatures, Sir Koshinara took me under his wing. He was selfless, risking himself to protect those around him, to help those in need, and provide instruction to any who sought it.

I feel privileged to have received what must have been one of Sir Koshinara's last lessons, wherein he patiently and skillfully taught myself and Gavin the art of combat, and how to work as a single unit.

I feel honored to have fought beside Sir Koshinara in the great battle for the creation of a new circle in this broken land. I am not of these lands, hailing from Sir Koshinara's own Ashbury. And yet I gave my life in that fight, resurrecting with many other brave souls, in no small part due to the inspiration of Sir Koshinara, Sir Wynn, Squire Paladar, and the other great ones who led us that night.

Trolls have long been the mortal enemies of my people, but generations of war, of killing and the destruction of our homes, seems like a ghost of a vendetta compared to the nail of rage that the death of this valiant knight has forged in my heart. And from this day forth, with every troll that Ahurinh strikes to the ground, I shall remember one of the greatest men I have ever had the privilege of meeting, Lord Knight Koshinara.

with a heavy heart,
- Fardormin

I am glad that Lady Thrace introduced me to him when she did. I knew him for all of a few moments. I know that Sir Wynn and Lady Thrace thought highly of him and I trust their judgement. It is troublesome that a warrior of such reputation is taken away from us.
~Z~

A Heart as Brave and Strong as his, shall beat eternally.

Let us all go forth in life with the strength and wisdom that he posessed.

Glory in Life, Glory in Death....Hail Lord Knight Koshinara.

My sympathies and respect for his kin.

~Squire Paladar Beltaine

Though I did not know this Koshinara, I honor him. He fought to create a new Bastion, and died in the service of others. The burden on all who would fight against darkness has grown heavier this day, but others will rise to take up his portion. Those who knew him should inscribe his name upon their hearts as a reminder of what was lost, and so that those who survive when the Deadlands become Laerthan once more may know who to memorialize. Many bright flames will be quenched in our fight, and the redemption of our continent will likely last more than a single generation. Let us honor those who fall but not be drenched in grief. Many more will die before the sun rises on Laerthan once more, and mourning is a luxury our enemies will exploit. We must be firm in resolve and purpose, letting each who falls show us where our weaknesses lie and thus strengthen us.

May your spirit find solace, or better return to us in the body of a new warrior. Rest easy Sir Koshinara, your death will have meaning when the struggle ends.

-Lorgwut

Back