Safe... For Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruki

Scholar
Dyne emerged from his tent, the sun setting on what remained of the caravan. Dozens of people broke off or fell behind, leaving only a few who were still determined to get to Haven. After they made camp, the elf spent most of his time and energies healing the sick and wounded, of which there were plenty. Once free of his duties, Dyne removed his paint, changed into a rather nondescript cloak... minus his pendant and two lengths of twine with some beads on them that he wore on either wrist. While he wasn't willing to go to the extremes that Volk suggested to fake his death, changing clothes, paint and staying out of sight as much as possible would help. Dyne's 'fan club' put the caravan at risk if they continued to follow their trail, and in fact, he put THEM at risk as the Merrah may take them in for questioning/a quick bite. He sighed as he exited the camp and made his way for the treeline, "Hopefully Scoops can spread the word... even though it kind of goes against the 'truth.'"

As Dyne reached the treeline he rested against a tree and flipped his pendant open and closed over and over again. "Oh Fi... I wish you were here right now. I am hurting in a way that I haven't since you've been gone. I don't know if I can stay in this shard for much longer, there's just too much loss here... but don't worry. I am going to fulfill my promise to you. I am getting you and I to Haven. Assuming there aren't anymore spies in our midst."

He spat, "Zestria, you absolute bitch." The elf half expected his former bodyguard and friend to step out from the trees with that **** eating grin she had as she joined her Eternal father at the table. He wanted to know why she did what she did. The goal couldn't have been the destruction of the caravan, as they kept Kainah alive and basically let them escape. Was this a game them? Dyne shivered at the thought... and then proceeded to throw his heel back into the tree. She had gotten so much information out of them... a roster of everyone in the caravan, a list of their abilities, what they have been doing/working on, and with Barron, The Collector, on her side, they knew absolutely everything about Dyne's time before joining up with the caravan. Running from one mistaken in Calandonia right into another... Dyne had had a rough couple hundred years.

Honey had been watching as Dyne walked off and followed him quietly. She observed him for a while in silence while she thought.
*He is as angry as I am... perhaps we can build something strong through our despise of the eternals....*
she walked forward, grunted at Dyne and nodded towards his pendant, then tilted her head to the side quizzically.

Dyne was brought back to reality as Honey grunted... zoning out outside of camp probably isn't the safest of things. He smiled softly as he looked to the pendant, "Nice, isn't it? A gift from my L... real good friend. A normally wear it on my belt, but wanted to keep it a little closer to my heart today. I need the reassurance, you know?" He flicked it open and close a few times before looking back to his comrade, "So what brings you so far out of camp?" Dyne dug into his bag and pulled out a notebook and pen and offered it to the kin.

Honey smiles and nods at him. She begins to write.
“I wanted to check on you, I was with you when the traitors true nature was revealed. It would appear as though we have some enemies in common. I’d like to offer my services as bodyguard to you. I think you’re a good man and I think our goals match up well. I’ll kill the bitch, in front of her father before I rip his throat out with my teeth.”
She reads it over before handing it back to Dyne. She grunts and nods to emphasize what she has written.

The elf looked at the note and read it over a few times and a faint smile cracked his lips, "Thank you Honey. I will gladly take you up on that offer, as I alone am useless out here. But that does come with a condition." Dyne grinned, "You need to convince Volk to stay the hell away from my ears." He rubbed his left ear and thought to himself, she liked these ears.

"Before you kill them, I do want to know... why. To what end are they doing this? This is going further than just simple cannibalism. It's like it's a game to them."

Honey frowns, she didn’t like the idea of waiting but finally nodded in agreement. She scribbles back.
“Then it is agreed, I’ll have bambo nullify their ability to fight and you can ask your questions. Then they are mine.”
She nods and passes the note back.

Dyne nodded, "Thank you. I know you want your revenge, and it shall be yours. We will make the Eternals pay... Curio for her betrayal, Azel for your mutilation, and Baron for what he has done to m... those people."

He paced around the tree to help reset his mind and the tone of the conversion, "So, as my bodyguard... you're going to have your work cut out for you. People tend to like to attack me for some reason. But I think we have potential as a team, we already work quite well together. Is there anything you need to know about me to keep me safe? Z...Curio said she did. But that was probably just probing me for information."

Honey inhales slowly as she ponders his question. She looked at the elf and thought to herself. He obviously has secrets... that could be very dangerous... she frowns. Honey had secrets herself, nothing that would get anyone hurt, but still things she keeps to herself. She sighs and then grunts at Dayne. She writes out a carefully worded message. Her script work is beautiful when she takes her time.
“Three things:
1. You have secrets, if you don’t tell them to me, is my family at risk?
2. My family will always come first, but I will put you before any others outside of my family.
3. You need to learn signals, we won’t always have time to write pretty notes to eachother.
And as for keeping you safe, I’m not too concerned, my tree stump will keep us both safe.”
She hands it to him and sits down on the grass. She looks up at the trees and hums quietly to herself.

When he took the notebook back he smirked at the mention of him having secrets. Was it so obvious?

"To answer your first question, yes, I do have secrets. Will they put you or your family at risk without knowing? No, I don't believe so," he pondered for a second before deciding to share, rubbing the beaded twine on his left wrist, "As a sign of good faith, I'll share part of one. I made a promise to someone long ago that I would take them to Haven. I am currently in the midst of that."

He looked back down at the questions to remind himself of what they were and nodded, "I can completely understand putting your family first and have no issues with that. And I agree with needing to learn signals... I'm not the best at charades, and in the middle of battle is not the best time to try and play." Dyne placed his hand where he would normally keep his coin, remembering that he had left it in his tent, "Now on the matter of payment. How much do you charge for your services?"

Dyne pondered for a moment, not paying in coin for a bodyguard would be a new experience for him. "Well, when you figure out what you would like as payment, you let me know."

"Well, I might as well try not to make your job harder than it needs to be," Dyne laughed. "I'm going to head back into camp. Who knows who might be watching us out here." The elf started walking, slow enough that Honey could catch up should she wish to join him.

As the pair walk toward the encampment a crow takes off and flies away vanishing in before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back