[Safe] [Sign-Up] Maelstrom War Effort List

Kasuni

Squire
[OOG] **This is an In-Game document that is being managed/protected by Kasuni and Terren. They will regularly make it available (while under protection) in the Maelstrom’s Hall. This list will also be available in the dreams. If you would like to have your name added to either a Team Facilitator role or a Team Member, you may do so through dreams or in the Hall. You may send a PM if you would like to request a change privately.

Research for these items can be done via downtimes (group downtimes!) and/or at games. [/OOG]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16GN_IUtdPxtI1_qxr1J9FD-rYRVZNCkDWmCdt-OZwmM/edit?usp=sharing

Greetings Lantern Bearers, Mist Walkers, and all who would dedicate their time to aid the Maelstrom.

We have challenges we face. We have outsiders, icons, and others who threaten our existence and our homes. They threaten us and the populace at large. In order to combat these enemies and circumstance, we will need to come together, to be a community, to be a united force to face the darkness and challenges that stand in our path.

No one of us, no few of us, can do this alone. Our success entirely depends on each of us contributing our unique talents.

Why should you care? Here are a few reasons:
(1) Outsiders spread. If they aren't handled in one land, they will overrun it and move to the next one
(2) Why did you decide to learn the skills you did? Why did you pick up the lantern and venture out into this lifestyle?
Some of us are in it for the money. Kill things on the field, you'll get money.
Others are in it for the glory. Help win a war, you’ll get the glory.
And still others are in it because you want Fortannis to be a better place - those of you do not need me to explain why you should care.

In order to better ensure everyone’s talents are best utilized, we propose the following plan. I spoke with many of you about this on Sunday of the last gather, and the response seemed positive. If you have ideas, other suggestions, or questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

This is a list of projects that will need to be undertaken by the Mist Walkers. Please let either Kasuni or Terren know if you would like to be added to a particular team, or if you see any topics that you feel are missing or need to be added. There are no maximum team sizes - if you see a team you think you could be an asset to, or you want to be involved, please feel free to have your name added.

The intent of signing up for one of these projects is that you work with the Facilitator and Team to understand all relevant information, and bring that information to the public. Some proposed ideas on how to do so (please share your thoughts on what you think would be the most successful):

1. Bring all information to Terren and Kasuni for collection and redistribution to the rest of the Mist Walkers
2. A Mist Walker Hall Meeting, where we all share what we know

Frankly, I would best recommend both items #1 and #2, so information can both be shared in real-time, and collected for long-term use. Please feel free to share any other ideas.

Let us collect ourselves, let us join together to face that which threatens the Maelstrom, that which threatens Fortannis.

I very much look forward to working with you all.

All of the best,

Kasuni

Kasuni,

This is an excellent proposal, and I am glad to see a concerted effort to pool our resources and especially information.

For the gathering, recording, and distribution of information, I would like to suggest that a task so large and important also be given to the management of a facilitator and their team. I am certain you and Terren would do a fine job, but you both have many other responsibilities, and I think this task would benefit from a dedicated team. I have a great deal of experience in this area and would volunteer as facilitator, should the group decide this is an appropriate plan. I would be happy to speak to you and Terren further regarding my ideas for protecting and distributing our collected knowledge, if you have any concerns as to my abilities.

I would also like to volunteer to join the teams supporting Chastity, the guardian of the Glade of Hope, and the Totems of the Maelstrom (my particular concern is for Mouse at this time, though of course I would work diligently toward the preservation of all of the spirits.) I also have some expertise that may be useful in the search for artifacts of the Second Age. And, though I don't have any particular connections to many of the other projects due to my short time in these lands, I am more than willing to help wherever you or others believe I might be useful.

Best,
Pluvianella Charbonneau

Kasuni,

This is an excellent proposal, and I am glad to see a concerted effort to pool our resources and especially information.

For the gathering, recording, and distribution of information, I would like to suggest that a task so large and important also be given to the management of a facilitator and their team. I am certain you and Terren would do a fine job, but you both have many other responsibilities, and I think this task would benefit from a dedicated team. I have a great deal of experience in this area and would volunteer as facilitator, should the group decide this is an appropriate plan. I would be happy to speak to you and Terren further regarding my ideas for protecting and distributing our collected knowledge, if you have any concerns as to my abilities.

I would also like to volunteer to join the teams supporting Chastity, the guardian of the Glade of Hope, and the Totems of the Maelstrom (my particular concern is for Mouse at this time, though of course I would work diligently toward the preservation of all of the spirits.) I also have some expertise that may be useful in the search for artifacts of the Second Age. And, though I don't have any particular connections to many of the other projects due to my short time in these lands, I am more than willing to help wherever you or others believe I might be useful.

Best,
Pluvianella Charbonneau

Plue,

I would very much like to speak with you on your ideas of how to properly collect and distribute the resulting information, and it seems that this would be something quite in line with your talents. Please note the new item #34, and let me know if you are in agreement with that structure. I would love to share a drink in Enerett with you and Terren to discuss strategy of information dispersal.

In regard to the Artifacts of the Second Age - would you like to facilitate this team?

Thank you, and all of the best,

Kasuni

Kasuni,

I will be certain to have a proposal ready when we next gather. Your proposed structure looks good to me. I would also suggest that Fenris and Andrew would be valuable additions to that team, if they are willing.

I also just noticed the War Council Facilitation (item #26). Can you provide more details about this council? Or is it simply the name we are using for this effort of the Mistwalkers? In any case, I should probably be added to that team as well, to better effect the information distribution to that group.

I am happy to act as facilitator for the Second Age artifacts, though I will require someone to fill me in on all the details we have thus far. I have heard some of it from Tulbor, but my eyes start to glaze over a bit when he speaks in that much detail about the finer points of metallurgy.

In point of fact, that should be the first task of the information collection group - to gather the knowledge we already possess but are perhaps not sharing. Much of this I imagine could be done through the dreams. Would you prefer that I hold off on beginning this process until after we speak in Enerret, or shall I begin now?

Best,
Plue

Plue,

I am, as we speak, copying all my notes of the past year for both dream and the library. If others would begin to do the same I would appreciate it! Even raw, unedited notes are helpful as long as their origin (who took them and in what context) is noted.

In service,
Clerk Terren

Plue,

I would be happy to add Fenris and Andrew if they are interested. Would you like to reach out to them?

The War Council Facilitation - this, to me, is a few items. The first is facilitation of this overall effort. Meeting with authorities on War, on leaders, with all of the facilitators, to ensure that we are working as a single cohesive unit. The second item involved is stretegic sessions with our allies, with representatives appointing the Mist Walkers as a whole. A part of this effort would be determining exactly what role we could play. As facilitator of the War Council, I would like to host a discussion in Enerett for those present to begin planning overall efforts. I certainly think you would be an asset.

I have added you as facilitator for the Second Age Artifacts. Perhaps Tulbor would join the team as well?

Any information we can gather ahead of time would be useful. I know that Terren has notes underway. If you would like to collect them in a clear and cohesive manner, I think that would be an excellent addition to this effort. I would be happy to provide any information I am able as well, although I fear my presence in note-taking has been somewhat empty over the last year and a half. I would be happy to fill any gaps I see.

I am truly delighted to work with you, and have you volunteer in such a capacity.

All of the best,

Kasuni

Terren, Kasuni,

I am in agreement with all you have said. I will create a separate dream for the gathering of information, so as to avoid cluttering this one overmuch.

Thank you both again for all the work you have done on this matter. I truly believe this is our best chance at overcoming the many obstacles we face.

Best,
Plue

I would like to be added to the following items:

19. The Empress
20. Dame Marize

[ I have previously talked with these people before upon arriving in the Maelstrom and so I am interested in continuing these relationships. ]

21. Mistwalkers

[ I am originally from Acarthia and I plan to visit Acanthi again once or twice a year, so I can use this opportunity to get help from people in Acarthia.]

25. Master Saali

[ I have been extensively working with Master Saali in my research with the Nexus Forges.]

27. Food and Infrastructure

[ I can be a big help with anything requiring mathematical calculations, such as keeping track of supplies, predicting future supply levels, and figuring out where best to spend our resources. I also have some ideas about how we can improve our infrastructure related to scouting and defense, which I will be posting shortly.]

34. Collecting and Distributing Information

[As we discussed above.]

===

Things that I might be interested in but aren't sure if I have the skills to help with:

29. Research Second Age Artifacts

[ If any of the documents that are needed for this research are in code or an ancient alphabet or something, I could help decipher it. But aside from that I don't really know how to go about this.

30. Collect Materials to Make Outsider-Fighting Weapons

[ If we know where the materials are, I would be glad to join any group that is going out and getting them. But I don't know what materials there are or how to find them.]

31. Facilitate Forging of Outsider-Fighting Weapons

[ I don't have any real blacksmithing skill to speak of except for repairing armor, but if we need to do anything involving keeping track of how much resources we have, or figuring out what the best way to allocate those resources to maximize the number/quality of weapons that we can build, then I can help with that. ]

===

Other things that aren't on this list, but seem important, so maybe should be added:

35. Scouting and Mapping

[ We probably need to scout the caves around our new city in order to find resources and farmable lands as well as identify possible enemy spawn points. I don't have any tracking ability but I would be able to scout if i was put in a group with a tracker. I could also help to organize who should scout where and compile a map of what we find. ]

36. Nexus Forges

[ I have been working with Master Saali researching the Nexus Forges, and I have gotten to the point where I can sometimes detect nearby Nexus Forges by meditating and predict where Nexus Forges are likely to spawn. It is my understanding that sometimes Nexus Forges are required to perform certain rituals, so I could help find these forges. I might also need people to come with me to help scout out these forge locations.

Clerk Andrew,

You have been added and I've added the items you have suggested! As I am the facilitator for Master Saali, please keep me abreast if he needs anything.

Similarly, as facilitator for food and infrastructure, if you would be kind enough to contact me privately with your ideas for infrastructure so I can review them before they are publicly attempted I would appreciate it- they may be things that are already being done, after all!

Thank you very much!

In service,
Clerk Terren

29-31. Might as well put me down, since I'm already doing that.

Last edited:
Kasuni, Terren,

Ye kin count me in wi' reclaimin' the totems. That's me people's birthright, an' I'll b'dammned if a buncha mingin squid-faced Ootseeders are gonna have their wae wi'em.

Also, I've been chattin' wi' Sargent Darve, an' it soonds like the city militia might fancy a wee bit o' help in the comin' moons. I'm thinkin' o' lendin' a hand more directly, shorin' up the defenses, keepin' the peace an' whatnot.

The Azikrante are them dragon-faced blokes, aye? I helped talk wan intae the circle a few moons ago when 'e was a spirit—I dinna ken much about 'em, but I'm chuffed tae help if I can.

-William of Lion's Stand

Greetings Tulbor, William,

I have added you each to the lists. Please review the assignments to ensure you are comfortable with the areas in which I have placed each of you as facilitators, and let me know if your intent was to be a Member instead.

William,

In regard to your assistance with the Militia, do you see any of the current categories this would best fall under, or do you think this would require a new item?

Thank you both for your service to the Maelstrom.

All of the best,

Kasuni

William, Kasuni,

The milita, scouts, and guard is run by Dame Maerize and Sargent Darv. I would think that the people who facilitate communication with Dame Maerize would pass on when she needs something or additional people- regardless, they are the people to ask if anyone wants to help with those items.

William, perhaps I can add you to the members who work on communication with her?

In service,
Clerk Terren

Please allow me to aid in items 16, 22, and 34. Although as for the last I will not have the stamina for long scouting trips for a few months, but I can still squiggle together a quick map or two.

Thank you for all your effort in organizing this. It is a huge and neccesary step forward in this war. I will do my best to help in any other fields later as I regain my strength over the following months, for now I will concentrate on these 3.

-Embrawk Hematite of the Quails and the Order of the New Moon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clerk Embrawk Hematite,

I have added you to the tasks you have requested- thank you very much! I know we discussed it earlier but if there is anything you require to get you back on your feet beyond the various restoratives I have for you please let me know.

In service,
Clerk Terren

To all who have pledged their service in our efforts to gather the knowledge required for our efforts to be successful I thank you. It gives hope to a situation that is otherwise running thin with such.

Kasuni and Terren,
(2.) I have been learning as much as I can on how to hunt and destroy Outsiders, so I would like to be added as a member to that subject.
(15.) I have fought the Dreadpride three times thus far and would like to be a part of that discussion as well.
(17.) I have gone to Kurrakhorum for advice before and helped awaken them, I find solace in their council and would be grateful for more time speaking with them.
(19.) I have frequent talks with the Empress and would be more than willing to assist in anything regarding her.
(21.) I would be willing and able to bring any of my allies in Enerett to aid if you have need of me in this subject.
(22.) I see you have already put me in your ledgers in this subject. Thank you.
(24.) My respect for Death is deep and if any aid on this subject is needed I will do what I can to help.
(25.) I have heard tales of the Azacranti and would be willing to help William in this endeavor.
(27.) This isn't my first war and it will not be my last. I would like to be at the table for the Council and I will make sure my allies are aware and informed and understand the significance of our efforts.
(29.) This subject is important to some of my efforts, both personal and general.
(30.) I have been trying to hunt down artifacts such as these for some time. My efforts were sidelined for a bit, but I am ready and willing to help with this once again if there is need.
(31. & 32.) I have recently bought out a trade city of as much weaponized jade as they would give me and am already working with Tulbor to turn them into weapons. I have talked to multiple experts on the subject and would like to be a part of this so no mistakes are made with the finite resources we have.
(35.) I frequently scout the surface and have a fairly good lay of the land. I am no maker of maps, but I can take those that are around many of the paths both in the tunnels and beyond to the surface. The mountain we are in has become even more treacherous with the landslides and ruined paths we have endured these past months and I would want to make sure those not as familiar with the surrounding land and forests do not find themselves in a perilous situation because of a wrong turn.

If you find that my efforts are needed in any of these or any other subjects, please do inform me of such.

Kjeld,

You have been added to the tasks you have requested! Thank you! For the purposes of letting others know, are there any other points that you have information or knowledge on that you can be asked about?

In Service,
Clerk Terren

Terren,

I realize now that I was assuming that what I know about most other topics was common knowledge. What I know may not be common knowledge or may even be misinformation, so I will draft up a missive to you cataloguing what I know on these other subjects. It may take me some time, but I will make it a priority.

Kjeld,

If you would be so kind as to include me in what you send to Terren, it would be much appreciated. I have taken on the task of ensuring that all of the knowledge of our group, common and otherwise, is available to those who need it. Any and all information you are able to share would be most helpful in this regard.

Best,
Plue

Back