Salvager's Pack questions.

tarsus

Just wondering what a valid target item is for the Salvager’s Pack (SP).

1. Backpack with multiple sections for the main compartment: If a backpack was designed so that the main compartment was divided into two completely separate sections but was closed by a single flap would that count as a single target for SP?

2. Backpack with multiple outside pouches or a belt with multiple pouches built into the item: If a backpack or belt had multiple outside pouches that were built into it, would each pouch need a separate SP, (assuming the owner wanted each of the compartments to be protected)?

3. A shotgun bandoleer used to store potions: Would this be a valid target for SP at all? If so, would each individual slot need a separate SP, (assuming the owner wanted each of the compartments to be protected)?

4. If some of the above would not count as a target for SP, could you SP a burlap sack or equivalent and fashion it so it completely covers the container portion in any of the above examples to protect their contents, regardless of how stupid it might look?

5. Do SPs need to be closed in order to protect their contents?

Thanks!

Bear in mind with these answers that the answer for a specific object may vary depending on how well (or how poorly) the specific object matches the description you’re giving.

1. Backpack with multiple sections for the main compartment: If a backpack was designed so that the main compartment was divided into two completely separate sections but was closed by a single flap would that count as a single target for SP?
Yes, one “master” container, with an internal divider, the whole thing would be covered.

2. Backpack with multiple outside pouches or a belt with multiple pouches built into the item: If a backpack or belt had multiple outside pouches that were built into it, would each pouch need a separate SP, (assuming the owner wanted each of the compartments to be protected)?
A backpack with a main compartment and then other integrated but exterior compartments, would probably be fine. For clarity, this is what I’m imagining:
1686356943589.png

The belt of pouches, I’m admittedly iffy on.
Something like the below picture screams “that’s five pouches” to me, regardless of the fact that they are integrated. It may be the fact that the with backpack, the back “wall” of the front pouch is the front of the main compartment, where the belt of pouches is really 5 distinct pouches sewn on a belt.
1686357064604.png

3. A shotgun bandoleer used to store potions: Would this be a valid target for SP at all? If so, would each individual slot need a separate SP, (assuming the owner wanted each of the compartments to be protected)?
Like this?
1686357447785.png
No.

4. If some of the above would not count as a target for SP, could you SP a burlap sack or equivalent and fashion it so it completely covers the container portion in any of the above examples to protect their contents, regardless of how stupid it might look?
You can certainly use a burlap sack as a target, but I’d be surprised if you could completely contain things, including straps and attachment points, without crawling into it.

5. Do SPs need to be closed in order to protect their contents?
Yes.

Bear in mind with these answers that the answer for a specific object may vary depending on how well (or how poorly) the specific object matches the description you’re giving.

Yes, one “master” container, with an internal divider, the whole thing would be covered.

A backpack with a main compartment and then other integrated but exterior compartments, would probably be fine. For clarity, this is what I’m imagining:
View attachment 3567

The belt of pouches, I’m admittedly iffy on.
Something like the below picture screams “that’s five pouches” to me, regardless of the fact that they are integrated. It may be the fact that the with backpack, the back “wall” of the front pouch is the front of the main compartment, where the belt of pouches is really 5 distinct pouches sewn on a belt.
View attachment 3568

Like this?
View attachment 3569
No.

You can certainly use a burlap sack as a target, but I’d be surprised if you could completely contain things, including straps and attachment points, without crawling into it.

Yes.
Yep, that's the bandoleer type thing I was talking about.

Thanks for the clarifications!

Back