Sanctuary

By the Book

Straight from the Book:

Sanctuary
Earth 3 - 10 minutes

This spell will remain in effect as long as the subject's hands are clasped above the head and no body damage is taken, or 10 minutes, whichever is shorter.

The recipient is protected against all weapon attacks from undead creatures, including arrows and bolts.

The character with a sanctuary active may not use Game Abilities ) including drinking a potion or using a scroll) but may touch-cast spells on themselves.

Brad Lewis said:
The character with a sanctuary active may not use Game Abilities ) including drinking a potion or using a scroll) but may touch-cast spells on themselves.
I never got the potion part.... you can touch-cast on yourself but you can't take a swig? Haha... gotta love game mechanics. :)

I think for the potion thing, there'd be the potential for people to bring their hands down and say they didn't so that they could drink the potion, whereas touch casting you don't have to move your arms.

I think Barry's confusion is the same as mine on that point. The whole reason you can't touch cast on yourself while in a Bind spell is cause you can't move your arms, so what's the difference since you can't lower your arms and your hands are clasped over your head? I'm not complaining, but I see the argument pretty clearly.

Jeff

I don't know if it's an arguement... just a broken or inconsistent thing like Jeff said. I mean really, I have actually done the following things with an active sanctuary going-

-1 a fireman's carry with a 150 lbs person
-2 an a over-shoulder roll (2x in a row!)

With a desecrate going-

-1 bear hugged someone and carried them off the field
-2 dozens of rolls / dodges

In at least one instance, I had someone put the vial in my mouth and say chug this... but I had to spit it out and say "actually, you'll have to feed it to me"

The potion one is the oddest one, because it isn't an ingame ability to drink. So it's odd that they put the potion clause in there.

Oh well. There are wierder things in the rules of NERO over the years. :)

Brad Lewis said:
Straight from the Book:

Sanctuary
Earth 3 - 10 minutes

This spell will remain in effect as long as the subject's hands are clasped above the head and no body damage is taken, or 10 minutes, whichever is shorter.

The recipient is protected against all weapon attacks from undead creatures, including arrows and bolts.

Can't run, per "concentration" rules. Also, cannot use other IG active skills, iirc. (Other than casting on yourself.)

Balryn said:
With a desecrate going-
bear hugged someone and carried them off the field

Is this allowed in the current rules of desecrate? As this would be very handy. Not that I would cast desecrate :D

Slice said:
Is this allowed in the current rules of desecrate? As this would be very handy. Not that I would cast desecrate :D
Unless there is a specific addendum to it- It's not against the rules, it says you have to have your arms cross in front of your chest. It doesn't say how far in front of your chest or if you can't hold something to your chest either.

Same with the Sanctuary and a fireman's carry. If you are physically large enough to keep your hands clasped over your head while carrying someone on your shoulder you should be good to go. With someone your size, I could actually carry two people if I *really* wanted.

~Barry

Back