Sarr Masks

Siestrion

Anyone know a good site for good looking cat masks that can be tied on? We're not looking for lionshell or any of that fun stuff that has to be glued on or cover the entire head. I'm looking for decent looking masks (or half masks) that can be quickly tied on for NPCs.

Thanks in advance.

Make 'em.

Get those cheap plastic bulk masks from Joanns or Michaels, some crafting felt, and voila! You have a kitty.

(It's and NPC... something is better than eyeliner wiskers...)

speaking of...if anyone is looking for donation ideas.... :ugeek:

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of Lyonshel, really. Nice masks, but at least for me, I had a ton of trouble getting it to sit comfortably and not slide. I think I'm going to try one of these instead for my next Sarr, as they don't rely on the forehead as a mounting point, so should be easier to keep on.

Wraith said:
Actually, I'm not a huge fan of Lyonshel, really. Nice masks, but at least for me, I had a ton of trouble getting it to sit comfortably and not slide. I think I'm going to try one of these instead for my next Sarr, as they don't rely on the forehead as a mounting point, so should be easier to keep on.

I like Northfur's smaller cat nose. However, I am perfectly happy with my Lyonshel.

Where did you get the ears you're using there? I like the look of them more than the top-of-head fuzzy ones I've considered using.

Wraith said:
Where did you get the ears you're using there? I like the look of them more than the top-of-head fuzzy ones I've considered using.

They're made by Woochie. You can find them here along with some other small and large ear types.

I loathe the top-of-the-head, fuzzy ears. They seem to cute and cartoony. And it really bugs me to see two sets of ears on people, the fuzzy ones and their real ones. I say just paint some elf ears (or larger) if you want pointed ears. It's much easier to generate a suspension of disbelief that way.

I use the top of the head ones because, hey, that's where a tiger's ears are. However, i always make sure to hide my real ones.

Yup - we use large elf ears painted appropriately. They make much more sense and look more natural. I'm also super excited because my sarr FINALLY has a tail. Ali also ordered a tail for her coyote - it's as big around as my thigh! We'll be taking a bit of the stuffing out of that one. Right now it looks like an enormous fuzzy caterpillar.

Duke Frost said:
I use the top of the head ones because, hey, that's where a tiger's ears are. However, i always make sure to hide my real ones.

Only one set of visible ears. Braq isn't a mutant then. :D

Ezri said:
Yup - we use large elf ears painted appropriately. They make much more sense and look more natural. I'm also super excited because my sarr FINALLY has a tail. Ali also ordered a tail for her coyote - it's as big around as my thigh! We'll be taking a bit of the stuffing out of that one. Right now it looks like an enormous fuzzy caterpillar.

Kalaji straps his tail down to his leg inside his pants. In other words, I don't like wearing a tail. I feel it gets in the way and that I wouldn't be able to tell if it was hit with a packet...a weapon, maybe.

Yeah, Shin, my ex-Sarr come Fox Scavenger (Don't ask, Greater Fey were involved) wears his inside his pants as well. Mostly because I tend to play in the sloppy parts of winter, and dragging a fluffy tail rep through the mud and filth is no fun. Maybe sometime when I get to do a Faire day and go all-out on theatre level makeup instead of what looks good and will survive combat. :mrgreen:

Wraith said:
Mostly because I tend to play in the sloppy parts of winter, and dragging a fluffy tail rep through the mud and filth is no fun. :mrgreen:

Yeah....the tip of my cougar's tail used to be white. Now its pretty much caked in brown mud after this previous event. Just gotta let it harden then brush it out. I'd still run around with a tail though. :) My character just wouldn't look right otherwise.

-Ali

jpariury said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
I say just paint some elf ears (or larger) if you want pointed ears.
I thought prosthetic ears were reserved for elf-types only?

Do these look like elf ears to you? They are mimicked in my sig as well.

I have only seen Panther sarr discouraged from wearing ears as they might be confused with dark Elves. Also, IIRC 2 editions ago the rulebook* picture for Sarr had the same ears I do.

* The one with Heidi and Scott K standing and a biata and sarr crouching.

Pointed ears that match the skin tone = elf

If you can't tell by looking at the makeup job/mask on a sarr that it's not an elf, you have bigger issues than ears. I have NEVER seen or heard of a sarr mistaken for an elf or vice versa.

Well, as for Sarr and Scav masks...

I happen to be a Haunted Attraction Professional, and happen to be creating a hybrid-zoo concept for a new show. I was able to recently track down a company who took over the molds of another company that used to make beautiful half masks. Let me go see if I can find more info. I have a PO around here somewhere.

They are made of High density Foam Latex. I have been wearing the same half-face bone mask made by the old company for 3 seasons. they are tough and BONUS! they can be cleaned.

http://www.arrivalmask.com/home.html

Look under the Masquerades section for the half masks. They are tie on masks, and the forehead can be augmented nicely with a bandanna or the like to help it stay even better.

If enough folks are interested I may be able to get them at a better cost than listed on site. @ current price, they are a bit much in my opinion.

-Jason 'Jakartin' Mendoza

--Edit (added tie-on info)

Back