Scale Gloves for Sale!

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
I've shown these to a few people and it seems like there's some interest in them, so Carly and I have decided to start selling scalemail gloves. We've made a couple pairs now and we can make them in custom colors and custom sizes - as long as one or both of us is at the event where we drop off the gloves, we can fit them to your hands on-site.

We have a few pictures in this here album if you want to check them out. Prices are $35 for a single glove or $60 for a pair. If you're interested, you can either send me a PM through the boards or email me at kyleschmelz@gmail.com with your specs. As I said before, we can do custom colors and designs, so just let us know and we'll see what we can do for you. If you want any other scalemail goods (we have a belt and pouch shown in the photo album), let us know and we can work out a price.

The scales and rings are all aluminum, so nickel allergies shouldn't be an issue, but they can leave some black marks on your hands after a few hours from oxidation. It washes off easily and doesn't tarnish the aluminum.

All credit goes to Carly Baehr (Dagmara/Purple Stuff) for the design and most of the work putting these together.

It should work without any sort of membership, but sometimes imgur's servers get overworked and it'll go down for a few minutes.

Hi Kyle,

The pics do not display for me either, and I have tried on different days. I mostly just wanted to see what they looked like. If I could make a suggestion of posting a pic on Facebook we might have better luck.

~Matt

It works for me as well , please note I believe you must have cookies enabled on Imgur ...that may or may not help...If I ever go gypsy fighter I tell you we will make scale that blinds you and causes naseu all in one...can we say every color of scale with each scale different than the one next to it...I may have to sell a kidney to afford it but ...the thought tempts me

I've never had significant issues with imgur before, but I went ahead and posted a Facebook album. It should be accessible to everyone, but let me know if there are any issues.

Stripey Pants said:
If I ever go gypsy fighter I tell you we will make scale that blinds you and causes naseu all in one...can we say every color of scale with each scale different than the one next to it...I may have to sell a kidney to afford it but ...the thought tempts me
I might occasionally do larger projects (ie, armor), but the cost for that sort of thing is a lot higher - the supplies alone add up to at least $150 for a scalemail armor shirt and it's a pretty significant time investment as well.

I can see them through your FB link. Looking good.
Thanks for posting them.

~Matt

Back