Scariest Moments!

Shane said:
Dar Beltaine said:
LOL....i would have to agree with her. There have been a few times at Caldaria recently that I seriously thought i would loose my bladder.
~Jaimi

I hear you. Nothing is more terrifying than suiting up and heading to a portal to fight a huge, long-term villain, only to arrive at the portal and have an NPC tell you "It's over. He's dead."

Brrrr. Bone-chilling.

Now now, we've ALL had our short comings with running certain encounters. Lets not invite any back and forth crap with our close neighbors and allies. CT has lot of strengths I would love to see in every chapter.

Gary

okay so reading sudupta's scariest moments made me go "oh jeepers do i really want to PC at deadlands??" i'm such a pansy as aforementioned in another subject. i swear this game is gonna scare the beans right outta me!!

shane don't be so scared. i'm not that bad to get to know trust me. Everyone else isn't a-scared of me! are you guys
besides steph loves me and she wouldn't love someone that wacked!...wait..yes she would HEHEHEHEHEH

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
okay so reading sudupta's scariest moments made me go "oh jeepers do i really want to PC at deadlands??" i'm such a pansy as aforementioned in another subject. i swear this game is gonna scare the beans right outta me!!

I will be severely disappointed if my PC isn't scared for her life on a regular basis- and doesn't experience all the different types of being scared witless that people have discussed above.

But most of the plot team I know very well, and therefore am not too worried about my expectations- chances are they'll be blown out of the water.

i hear ben and steph telling stories sometimes and i think "wow that sounds scary" or something but I've never been on the PC side of the game. it should be interesting to not know anything about whats going on until i figure it out for myself. I gotta say the fevergrey thing only had me worried when i kept looking at thrace and keely's faces. They looked SO worried/disturbed by this grey guy's presence. I had no clue who he was only that Sir Wyn kept telling everyone not to look him in the eye. Sir wyn seemed ticked that the grey guy had his shield. I'm looking forward to meeting the grey man again heheheh Tzydl is a bit more sturdy than her pansy player!

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
shane don't be so scared. i'm not that bad to get to know trust me. Everyone else isn't a-scared of me! are you guys
besides steph loves me and she wouldn't love someone that wacked!...wait..yes she would HEHEHEHEHEH

I suggest you get away from my buttons before I give you a response you really don't want to hear.

all right. Easy guys. This game is supposed to be fun for everyone.

Deadlands said:
Shane said:
Dar Beltaine said:
LOL....i would have to agree with her. There have been a few times at Caldaria recently that I seriously thought i would loose my bladder.
~Jaimi

I hear you. Nothing is more terrifying than suiting up and heading to a portal to fight a huge, long-term villain, only to arrive at the portal and have an NPC tell you "It's over. He's dead."

Brrrr. Bone-chilling.

Now now, we've ALL had our short comings with running certain encounters. Lets not invite any back and forth crap with our close neighbors and allies. CT has lot of strengths I would love to see in every chapter.

Gary

Thank you Gary,
I look forward to seeing what Deadlands is all about.

-John W
AllianceCT Customer Service Rep.

We really have had some scary times--even reading the posts about scary moments gave me memory chills (if there is such a thing).

And I have to say that I suddenly remembered one night at Syraandor, it was so cold you didn't Want to feel your toes, and the whole town was walking down the mod path in a clump (mostly).
Those of you who were there know our group--not usually the wise-and-silent type--and as we slipped further and further into the darkness through the leaves, I heard it: silence. No one was talking, grumbling, or even making unnecessary movements. We were THaT dead, and we knew it. What we didn't know when it was coming, how, or from where.
Some part of me is still shaking from that moment.

All these tales of horror are stirring my memory...

Planned to go anyway, Scary: The mod where I acquired my torch. We had to go underwater into the middle of Teshvar to a courthouse of the undead. One of our breathing bladders broke and we had to share. The court had three powerful undead of undetermined nature, and I had to defend a water elemental against the demented, undead judge. Fortunately, the rest of the mod turned out to be very humorous. But the anticipation...

Oh god no! Scary: Neveklos vying for Death's job and while they were duking it out in town, randomly deathing and lifing us, to see who was the most powerful. I was deathed, lifed, transformed into an animal, made to perform tricks, then deathed and lifed and deathed and lifed and deathed and lifed.

We're all going to Die Scary: We've had so many.... Fighting the Golden Order. By the fifth wave, I was sure we had the biscuit, but we lasted up 'till seven. Then we were doomed. If it wasn't for the intervention of some high-ranking Golden Order official (I can't recall his name), we all would've been pushing up daisies.

What the Hell is going on Scary: While sleeping in the back of the warded tavern after an absolutely exhausting long day and night of combat, I hear screams (as usual) in the tavern and outside. So I blearily pull on my boots, strap on backbiter, not bothering with my armor, and open the door--to encounter the face of a black unicorn. Looking at me. I had no clue what it was, but Shane looked really scary. He moved on and started attacking others in the tavern. I ran out quickly and sank my best assassinate into him--it didn't touch him. Then I ran, like a chicken, back into the ward. And waited in hope that someone would tell me what was going on!

I'm a wimp scary: Chiram's Hollow was crawling with dragons. Which was enough to give me the whim-whams right there. But to make it worse, there was dragon in-fighting. I felt completely helpless to do anything about it, and just hoped they wouldn't target us directly. Or destroy everything around them with their tumult. At some point, the Chaos Dragon was trying to kill a friendly dragon, it had it down on the ground, and was giving a killing blow, while I stood and looked, dumbly, on. Suddenly, Keely rushes out of the ranks and knocks the sword away, interrupting the killing blow. Started screaming at the Chaos Dragon to lay off. I was even more shocked, and just stood there, still more dumbly, saying "What is she doing?!?!!!" Keely's been my hero ever since.

I haven't played Deadlands yet, and I'm already afraid.
love, Ben

Sir Wynn said:
Suddenly, Keely rushes out of the ranks and knocks the sword away, interrupting the killing blow. Started screaming at the Chaos Dragon to lay off. I was even more shocked, and just stood there, still more dumbly, saying "What is she doing?!?!!!" Keely's been my hero ever since.

I haven't played Deadlands yet, and I'm already afraid.
love, Ben

That is PRICELESS!!!!!

I Love Keely!

~Jaimi

Listening to stories from BenWynn and StephThrace this weekend about "I remember one of my first deaths was when I left the tavern to go to the creek to get some water and got killed....."

and I'm thinking to myself DEAR LORD I"M WORKING THE TAVERN THIS YEAR I"M NOT GOING OUT FOR WATER!!!!!! :shock:

Back