Scavvy chipmunk

Fynwei

Squire
I'm going to be making a chipmunk scavvy, and am having trouble locating good ear prosthetics.
ec158001-01.jpg

This is a Townsend's Chipmunk, the kind I'm basing her off of. I could probably get away with mostly fox prosthetics, but I'm worried that a snout would be too pointy, and I'd be mistaken for a fox. I'm also planning on either hunting down or making a tail that is chipmunk porportionate (about torso length, or 2-2.5 feet on me). Any suggestions?

Mmmm Chipmunk Scavy, its not fair that we are losing you to Seattle :cry:

Obviously Alvin would be her leader...

Of course the owner of Seattle is named Dave.

Now he just has to put out and enchanted Hula hoop usable only by Scavengers.

All I want is a HOOOOLA HOOP!

Naw, her name's going to be Fydl.
Thanks for the suggestions! I think she's going to be either a rogue or an adept. Now I just need to figure out the wardrobe...

And Lurin- maybe she'll have to come to MN to meet Durl, or Durl could come see her? She likes his name, so she's gotta like the guy!

Hrrm, I'll have to see if I can convince my folks that I want to 'visit' them for a weekend and hit up a game, but that'll be a tough one. You'll be back in MN for summers I hope?

Could be interesting to see the Chipmunk and the Turtle scavenger arguing over that hula-hoop....

"You should have it", "No You should have it" <grins>

I'll be back in MN for at least next summer. No promises past that. See if you can make the November game!!! (it's over my birthday)
It would be funny to see them arguing it. Fydl would want Durl to have it just to see a Turtle Hula-hooping.

As someone who makes latex molds for masks and prosthectics, such a thing as nose and ears isn't something simple for the beginner.

Also, I'll be heading up to Seattle to see if I can find the creep who stole all of the vowels from your character's name.

Bastard.

You could also use the small elf ears and paint your ears up brown if you don't want to put them on the top of your head...and go with getting temp hairspray color, and do the stripe thing in your hair...

I'd also make sure to get the coloring very close to the picture, if you can. That usually helps to tell waht a scavenger is.

-Ali

All the cool scavengers have bandanas...

No they don't. (see sig) ;)

I was planning on striping my hair (actually dyeing it came up as a thought too [hey, I'm a teenager... I could get away with it... maybe]), one thing I know: I need to find a good costuming store and/or makeup supplier for sensitive skin. Colors shouldn't be too hard though, what self-respecting costume shoppe doesn't have brown, black, and white?

You'd be amazed. Black cake in anything but the tiny sizes used to be difficult to find here until a few of us started using enougn to get the local shop to order us a case. I -still- can't get my red-orange here, have to order it online.

Speaking of which, I can't speak highly enough of Mehron (www.mehron.com) their performance stuff has worked great for me, both long-term pc and quick npc changes, just make sure to get the barrier spray....unless you want that special 'tan' look that only 8 hours in brown make-up can leave behind.

That's the one bad part about scavvies. You can go completely overboard and drop a -lot- of money on getting the look you want. :mrgreen:

Back