Scholar Friends on the Other Side [9/30]

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hello!

As those I met several months ago, and those who already know me - I am a Celestist of some ability as well as a Master Scribe of Battle Magic.

Should anyone desire ritual magics be performed and they don't already have arrangements - feel free to reach out to me. I am going to attempt to only use my magical skills as I need them, or as things are planned. However my first priority will be any ritual magics which are needed/desired by the whole of the settlement.

For personal projects, I have fair and reasonable rates common to most Scholars of similar ability. And willing to accept Fortanis Coin, Bastion Ore, or barter resources.

Scholars who are just starting or are newer to formal magics (or magic in general) should equally feel free to contact me. I would rather give you the opertunity to test and use your skills if you desire or include you in what I do for continuing education as well as different Scholar perspectives.

As a master Scribe I fill a fair portion of time creating battlemagic even if I don't have an immediate need. If you can read magic or are a celestist and have a need or desire for some battle magic, let me know. I probably have scrolls I can part with at 1 silver per spell level.

Once into the lands unknown and we settle a bit - I'd like to meet with those who desire, of both schools of magic. General intent goal is to determine where we would like to plan out the future Greater Circles of Power. Earth I feel will be a strong priority as we can consume resources to identify items via ritual magic - but such resources are rarely in the abundance nessecary for the amount which we frequently discover in our adventures & travels.

It would also be an idea, although likely one that is a tad premature - to discuss ideas regarding any form of building protecting the circles from the elements and providing consistent light sources. And whether we will want to endeavor for 1 building for both circles and their needs or to seperate the two.

Last edited:
If I have a ritual vital to my survival in these new lands, but at a slightly higher difficulty how much would that run? I probably have the comps.

Id cast myself but I dont have many formal tomes.

Maiev

I'd need to know what it is to say for certain. Feel free to contact me directly.

As a general guideline, using magical guidelines we are most accustomed to (as opposed to the currently fluctuating guidelines)... my current ritual engagements I book in 30 minute increments of a single batch of rituals, evaluated by the most difficult ritual of that batch. Manipulations not included*, terms & conditions apply*, Arms & Armor always bare my casting signature*, hazard & personal risk based on individual rituals may apply*

So a single ritual would be the same cost as 5 rituals. If I dedicate myself to your most difficult ritual, then every other ritual you've already paid for as they are easier to perform - it however is my time that holds great value as time spent ritual casting is time I can spend doing no other endeavor, or adventure.

Its a single ritual, takes 5 mins, its difficulty is 5 tomes but only because im using a better version of it, otherwise its the simplest of rituals.

I suppose I could just allocate some earth tomes to do it as its just a single ritual

Maiev

Its a single ritual, takes 5 mins, its difficulty is 5 tomes but only because im using a better version of it, otherwise its the simplest of rituals.

I suppose I could just allocate some earth tomes to do it as its just a single ritual

Maiev
I'd have no issue doing the ritual, but unless time is a factor I would rather use the ritual as a teaching or practice opertunity for starting Formalists of that ability assuming they have a desire.

Sadly, the study of High Magic at its infacy tends to come in "I want to do all the rituals" or "High Magic changes my world, ritual magic is next year's goal" and there is rarely anything imbetween. illegal Alchemy is less addictive than the persuit of high Magic mastery.

Sweet Maiev

The Aviary would be delighted, nay impassioned, to fulfil all your Earthly Ritual Casting Needs! New Zenith be renowned for it powerful and extensive Ritual learning, and our Physicker is a well-learned formalist with an academic tenure longer than my beak, and twice as broad. He be teaching me the ways of Ritualing and I would be happy, in turn, to bend those skills toward this fantastical magical adventure of which you speak. Mayhap we can all have a bit of tea and whiskey after to celebrate the magics! I do find that any venture concluding with whiskey and some chai be the very definition of an excellent time.

By the by, what are this ritual? What do it do? Anything that are necessary for your survival are most important, but the details might also be worth noting.

Ratite Hudsonia Zenorum The Only of His Name
Valet and Livery to House Aviary

Oh its just the most important one of all, “Prevent Bug Bites and nettles and other minor cuts and bruises from dumb plants and insects that wont go away because they are the worst”.

That one!

Also the one that removes my Earths Chosen mark from Rathfall. I wanted to be in a club but I didnt know Id have a permanent mark that does not go well with my lovely green skin.

- Maiev

Greeting friends,

I will be visiting your lands soon, and will be prepared Friday evening to cast several rituals for myself. I will happily aid in performing rituals for anyone who needs them also. I am but a beginning practitioner of Earthen formal magics, and have 15 tomes that I can contribute.
I am especially fond of newer adventuring spirits, and wish to prioritize their needs and wishes first.

Saturday, I am planning on preparing my meditation to be better suited for a Triage Circle should we have need of one for a larger conflict. If not, I will happily revert back to Formal magics if that is more useful.

With humble deference,
Housemother Adlao- HM

Back