Scouts vs Fighter

Yes. Archery was divided into 4 weapon types:

Short bow - base 2
Longbow - base 3
Light crossbow - base 3
Heavy crossbow - base 4

I don't remember the min/max dimensions of each. It should be in the chart with the rest of the weapons.

In addition to this, if wielding a bow and another weapon using the two weapon skill, the bow is no longer automatically the longer of the two weapons. If you are wielding a short bow in one hand you may use a longsword in the other. However if you use a longbow you are still limited to a short weapon in the other hand.

Bows and crossbows still use arrows and bolts respectively, regardless of which size.

Yeah... the main problem with the crossbow section is that the chart gives a length of 14 - 24 for light crossbow and 25 - 32 for heavy crossbow (Pg 80). But then when you read the description under the Archery heading (Pg 81) there is no distinguishment made between light and heavy crossbows in the text, "The bow section should be between 12 and 24 inches and the stock should be between 14 and 30 inches."

My guess is that there should be some kind of proportional relationship between the bow section and stock section of heavy and light crossbows (ie. the bows of lights need to be between 12 - 18 and the heavies between 19 - 24), but it really doesn't say.

Anyway we can get that clarified?

Yea anyways. I <3 archery. :)

Back