Scroll Traps and Eldritch Force Spells

Hello,
Fairly new player who is seriously getting into trap making and deploying said traps more offensively and to be honest I'm a little disappointed in how limited I am with scroll traps, particularly the flat restriction on no eldritch force spells. particularly because there are no rules against chaining traps together.

Imagine, if you will, walking into a dungeon on a mod and accidentally triggering a trap as you walk in and suddenly a wall of force is deployed behind you, cutting you off from the rest of your party. Or or causing a chain reaction the springs an instant wall of force maze, with enemies that can phase through the walls. or setting up a series of traps that traps some one in the middle of several walls of force and then finally sets off an explosive trap in the middle of them, sparing the rest of the room. or on the outside sparing the one inside the walls, forcing them to watch their allies bleed out.

Aside from walls of force though, there are light traps that cause a beacon of light when some one triggers them as apposed to making a noise. this helps at night particularly, i can imagine a group of archers in hiding when an NPC target triggers the trap illuminating themselves perfectly for the archers to pop out and rain death on them. on a more humorous note a series of repel traps that pinball players and NPCs throughout a room, or even into other traps.

these are just a few of the traps that I've thought of. I've even come up with a way to deploy the walls of force as the trap is triggered. i just need to find the time to build a prototype.

Is there a way we can fix this?

How does one use Trap Avoidance on a wall Spell, in your example?

How does one use Trap Avoidance on a wall Spell, in your example?
I honestly don't know the exact rulings on trap avoidance in general. I havent had the chance to see it in action or have some one explain it to me in detail. I imagine it would work the same as it would for a noise maker trap. There is nothing effecting or damaging you directly.

Alex,

I just wanted you to know that the Production Skills and by extension Traps are being revised by the National Crafting Committee and we have seen your ideas.

Back