Season End, Favorite Moments

wbush3

Scholar
This was an awesome event! Here is my initial list;

1) Seeing Alicii's head leering down on us during the Vision that Trillian shared with us. It looked amazing.

2) Getting Mixer back, we missed him.

3) Fighting the Syllobar in some tunnels, swinging 15 Toxic, and having Holly quickly explain to one of the NPCs that he needs to fall down now, then looking at me to say "There was a slight delay on the toxin, sorry."

4) Fighting more Syllobar in the woods around an anthill, still swinging 15 Toxin, and having an NPC ask me "What does that do?". When I explained that if Toxin affects you, it would be on your monster card, he looked at the card, then promptly fell over. Very cinematic. :lol:

5) Fighting Alicii, and getting to deliver the initial Killing Blow.

6) Being T-Bagged by Alicii, before going off to rez.

7) After Wicked had died, it was great to see all of the characters that came by to offer parting words to him, or to offer condolences to the rest of us.

8) Getting/giving a hug from Masticon. Though when others joined in we both got a bit uncomfortable.

There are more... but I will stop here.

Oh man so many:
All the mixed level mods I got to go on. I played with a lot of different characters, that I don't normally adventure with.

Alcandar: "Is it your order that I extract information from this Harkonian in any way neccessary.
Gyr: "Yes and show him no mercy for they deserve none."
Alcandar: "As you wish my Lord..."

Chas, my new hero. Playing along and having the balls to spit in my face (after asking for physical RP) was alarming and motivating. Thank you for letting me explore the retched dark side of Alcandar.

Death storming the dragon to only hear 5 resists... Well it is a dragon.

Crazy, suicidal Prashka.

My Legion buddies! As always, I love you guys/gals. Welcome Miko of Many Tails!

Leading the archer unit against the Harks.

Cowkin: "I challenge Alcandar! Which one of you is Alcandar?"
Adventurer (sorry I forgot who said it): "That poor Harkonian..."

My Roan talks. That was really cool RP. Thanks Carmen.

Killian the one man shield wall. EARTH STORM!

Meeting all the SF players. You guys were great.

Wicked's funeral. Not a dry eye in the place. I didn't expect to cry... That was a unique experience.

The amazing RP and dedication of the player base, NPCs, and especially plot. JP and Holly you will be missed. I can't wait to see what the new plot team comes up with.

Ok, I will stop now.

Oh man.

1) Roan surprising Zeth with the gift she gave him. Made me nearly cry while she explained it to him. It is extremely rare I have that level of emotional response while LARPing. Intense.

2) The small mission in which Zeth had some genuine anger over the perm-death of a slave. I love the development he's taking.

3) Breaking into the Mayor's house. Zeth feeling absolutely freaked out while trying to maintain control of a delicate situation....only to find out the rogues somehow turned effing invisible and snuck out right under his nose, so there wasn't a reason to freak out in the first place. Freakin' sneaky sneaks.

4) Meeting people I usually wouldn't, which is always a plus.

5) Ifthakarr teaching Zeth about unicorns because of the unicorn mark on his shield. Meeting a unicorn literally minutes later and having and earthgasm over it.

6) Implying a Shikar dwarf was a Harkonian spy. Watching the Thaumaturge "confirm" it. Hilarious NPCs.

7) Talking nobility with Kiarra and Roganzi.

8) Dropping 4 Earth blades during the dracolich fight. Errbody be likin' earth blades.

9) casting my first two rits!!

10) Last and not least....getting my body captured by the Harkonian raid squad, only to pop rebirth and blast away to safety. =D

This Event was my personal best. an amazing and climactic moment in my career as an NPC. i really feel like i've grown alot since my first event about a year and a half ago, hardly knowing a thing about Larping.

My highlights really come down to 2 things that let me prove to myself of what i have become as a Larper.

1) The Berserker:
When i first started playing this character i was really unsure about myself because i came to site with little time to study his story and for the longest time wasn't sure if i was playing him right. but somehow i seemed to be doing something right because alot of PCs loved the character.

And this was the event i felt like I've really made him into my own character and have even become connected to him on a personal level. he is no longer just someone else's character i was playing. he was a part of me :)

this will probably be way to long if i list all the little moments from talking with PCs and NPCs. but i should mention 1 big one

The bombing MOD where i got to do a suicide run with the explosives saving the PCs. this is where i made that connection to the character. through learning his back story and the reflection of that moment in this mod i had figured out a common belief with me and the character. (I will not stand and watch someone be killed or even hurt. be them family or stranger i will be there to protect them even if it puts me in danger)

and while i was hoping i would have had PCs my character knew on the mod it ended up being really cool having people who didn't know me and didn't trust me.

i loved talking with the ratkyn after and hearing him say "i'm not sure what you said when you ran with the barrel, but i'm sure is was something like "ha ha ha ha BOOM"

I seem to be good at making these really long posts that alot of people will skip :p anyway

2) Being the Head of the Dracolich
While through playing The Berserker i proved to myself my ability to RP. i think this was the defining moment that showed i can handle combat. sure i'm not much for sneaking, and i can't throw a packet worth beans. but i CAN beat people with a foam stick!!

And i must say, that think was the most unbalanced and wonky weapon i have ever wielded, yet somehow i was actually managing to get hits in on highbys with shields, sure if i would have remembered sooner to switch to normal when they were not taking my wither carrier i could done more damage, but hey still happy! i got to take down the black and killing blow him (which caused him to rez :twisted: )

and i was actually remembering most of my defenses and kept track of everything going on decently well. i even got to but my RP abillity into it swaying the head realistically and stare down the PCs and move the head like it was talking while JP did the voice.

Sadly i will probably be gone before the next event and won't be back for 2 years. but i am glad before i left i had made something of myself and became a competent stick jockey and a not half bad role player. Thank you JP, Holly, and all of plot for letting me do some really cool stuff.

Some of mine:

"Wow this is a pretty badass group we have here we could do some damage!" Que call for help: "How about that!" Same mod later on: "So we have how many earth columns here?... uhh looks like 26 columns and 30 life spells... Wow!"

Prashka being pissed great RP times!

Summoning up a life storm and then being given the title "Life Master" by Bowie!

Earth Storming on Undead Gyr.

Earth storming twice on the Dragons first life.

Rezzing Ian

Using all but 1 spell and 1 activatable on Saturday.

The Gypsy vote!

The Dragon fight.

Hmm, let me see....Friday, no....Saturday, no....Sunday, no....I got nothing.

Seriously, the Silobar Wakeup Call...about 8:30 am and someone comes in with a Lair Card. Me and JP as silobars, Joe as a Hark or Squamata (die cowboy!). PCs dealt with, we looked for fresh meat...Ward, Ward, No Ward....walk in...Carmen stays behind her cover and yoinks up her armor; few people behind the warded passage peer out; Matt staggers out in shorts, feathers, and a weapon with a dazed look on his face. Couple of my swings and he is figuring, no problemo...then JP wades in. I think that was the point where Matt realized, he's got little to nothing on him and his eyes jumped out. Tight fighting area made for a longer than normal fight for us, but I was grinning through it.

Alicii Fight...Wow, I really wish I could have scored some video gear for that. Most fights I have been in for LARP in my year and half have been typical line fights, small squad based stuff. This was a full blown chaotic mess.
First, my props go out to all the PC stick jocks...you were patient with me double checking what you were swinging on holds so I knew I was counting things up right, you were aware of my position and kept heavy swings to a bare few (my shoulders thank you twice).
Casters...by the end of that fight it was like being hit with mud-balls, but the calls were clear and I felt real good that I was keeping up with the 3-4 shots arcing in at a time.

So very many small fantastic roleplay moments. I really like the way that I'm getting to evolve Ashok, and all the PCs and NPCs I interact with are really helping.

A few specific things that come immediately to mind:

1) You try for a year to start long interesting conversations with as many people as possible about morality with sporadic success...but you perm just ONE slave and suddenly you've got five people competing for your attention. Awesome roleplay all around, and having the usually cuddly Zeth start shouting at me was awesome. Props to Black for explaining "cooling down" to Ashok.

2) The Friday night vision with Alicii. I just about jumped out of my skin when JP turned the lights on.

3) Being Poxy's Earth Storm shield. I may not swing for enough to hurt the dragon, but I can block a head like a boss. Thanks JP for not Obliterating me during that!

4) Everything around Wicked's death. Hearing JP call his first "Arcane Obliterate", seeing him throwing the packet, knowing it was on target but losing sight of it. Paul saying he batted it out of the way of Roan, explaining that he dissipated immediately, sharing a knowing look with Roan before turning back to the fight. The roleplay of arriving at the Earth circle with Poxy & Nepeta and learning that Wicked's spirit wasn't there. Roan & Iftikar coming into our Ward to pay their respects (Though I suspect Ifitikar had ulterior motives...:) ). Having trouble maintaining Stone Elf that night and the next morning. The now familiar and somehow sweet emotional exhaustion of playing the Stone Elf through incredibly emotional moments.

5) The wakeup mod Sunday morning, seeing the Harkonians marching in, running to the Legion cabin to wake them up, leaving the ward to see them charging towards us, the moment of safety before Holly took down the ward, the mad dash and scramble to get out of the cabin before getting Confined.

6) Finally getting my wish and going into Trillian's head. It was short but sweet, and an awesome little scene.

7) Watching the war room during the war, I love the way that was handled, it was really immersive and felt like the chaos of a real war.

8) Getting to show off more of Ashok's dark side. Busting in on the Mayor and attempting to mind screw him as a distraction for the sneaks. Watching Alcandar's interrogation (more props to Chaz, that was amazing). Arguing about the existence of objective morality with Orin and Brennen.

So many many more, but I should probably stop here.

So many great moments. Here are a few that stood out and that I can talk about.

The sneak mod into the Mayor's House. They were good, too good, made it out without their own party seeing them get free. The aftermath that followed as the PC's were trying to distract the Mayor was priceless. You 5 made my day.

Sneaking through town on Saturday trying to acquire any and all recon I could get as my slave. The roleplay that followed as the group tried to discern if I was a native born slave or enslaved.

The discussion with the Ants. Back in monster camp JP approaches me.
"Hey Holly, will you run this mod?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Well, Mixer and Nepeta have a plan...."
"Uh oh....ok..."
"To cast a ritual to talk to the ants."
"Who's the caster?"
"Nemrik"
"So...Mixer, Nepeta, and Nemrik will all be in the same place at the same time? Wow this could be dangerous."

All the Roleplay that ensued surrounding the Messengers. Watching that story crash straight into the Mayor storyline and then getting to behead the Mayor as McKay.

So many amazing moments as Trillian...talks about the dragon marks and its consequence, discussing the meaning of failure, tears shed with the Company and hearing Black finally admit once and for all that Dragons exist ("Just don't tell Whistlin"), keeping Krieger on his toes during the dracoliche fight as Trillian made a couple tactically poor decisions, the tension surrounding the body of Alicii as the dracoliche fell and Trillian approached her father.

PCs coming to monster camp on Sunday night as we are putting the few final touches on the dracoliche puppet. Every time like 8 NPCs would jump up "Quick, build a Wall!!!" As they would fold themselves in funny shapes around the puppet and take up as much space as possible, so that no one could see it before the battle. It was hilarious.

As usual, there were a ton of great moments, but I will try to hit on just a few right now.

My big talk with Kiarra (and Zeth), it's fun to get that kind of RP and connection with other characters.

Our super secret trap that got blown by one elf...

Krieger... He knows what.

Best NPC reaction ever to a gypsy curse (the Harkonian in the circle). I seriously thought I was going to have hiccups..

Lastly the Gypsy vote. Who knew how important it is to be able to read/write (I tried poorly to vote for Vishkin) it looked like this :watsup:

There were a ton of other moments like I said (apparently dragons like pie, and you can survive a mod with no healer), but I'll give others a chance to put some of theirs on here as well!

OOC: Tony Mungo
IC: Raganzi ~ Profesional Gypsy Town Watch
Seattle, WA

Oh yeah, almost forgot... Kai... "Are you Yan?" apparently I never need to be tortured for information, I just turned and pointed directly at the poor gypsy.

OOC: Tony Mungo
IC: Raganzi ~ Profesional Gypsy Town Watch
Seattle, WA

Like everyone, I seriously have too many good moments to list, but heck I'll give it a go. #1 I want to say thanks to JP, Holly, Adam, and Joe for all their extremely hard work keeping us entertained and engaged for the last nearly two years. The storytelling, consistency, and feel of the world were truly fantastic. Thank you.

-Thanks for the interesting talks Zeth, Prashka, Alcandar, Arannin, Kai, Masticon, and Teth. (there's probably more.. but those are who I remember right now) For various reasons those talks were hilarious, meaningful or devastating (for one of you, all three). What would an event be like without the chance to cry?

-Tantarus, Arannin, and Kai ganging up on Roan with their seriously awful stories. Thanks guys.

-A moment of connection with Vanyel. Kicking trees.

-All the cool people from Cali. There were so many of you! I'm glad I got to really talk to at least a few of you IG.

-Chaos in the war room. That really felt like a true command post with messages and messengers coming in and out along with PCs with info or looking for it.

-Lord Gyr agreeing to let us do our little Barbarian ritual with him. I'm always pleased when we get a new willing contestant.

-Fighting Undead Lord Gyr was fun. Certainly wasn't expecting that Prison or the Magic Storm.

-Dracolich! That thing sure came together well. When we first got near it, peeking from behind the bathroom, and the few of us at the time were like.. "oh.. there it is.. it's right there.. oh man.." JPs creeping megaphone talking was pretty awesome.

-Iftikhaar taking those Oblits and Transforms like a champ. Also he had some seriously awesome dodging going on when it wasn't rituals being thrown.

Our NPCs - just in general, their willingness to jump up and tackle whatever we threw at them, with energy and enthusiasm, made my event. Especially when it came to getting Stephen into play:
Me - "Man, I guess we should come in from the woods, I don't see how we're going to sneak it past the players down the road without them seeing it and ruining the surprise."
Sean - "Oh, we'll get it down there."
Jordan - "Totally, we can do it!"
Jacob - "JP, you tell us what you want, and we'll make it happen."

Matt and Greg blocking those Oblits like champs. 57 thrown, and only one landed and stuck.
Me - "Magic Obliterate."
Matt - "Spell Shield"
Me - "Magic Obliterate."
Matt - "No effect."
Me - "Hmmm. Arcane Obliterate."
Matt - "No effect."
Me - "Magic Death?"
Matt - "No effect."
Me - "Got it. 50 Elemental Stone, 50 Elemental Stone, 50 Elemental Stone!"
Matt - "Eeeek!!!"
(Later)
Me - "Magic Obliterate."
Greg - "Spell Shield"
Me - "Magic Obliterate."
Greg - "No effect."
Me - "Screw this noise. Arcane Dragon's Breath! Arcane Dragon's Breath! Arcane Dragon's Breath!"
Greg - "Oh god, so much burning!!!"

Pulling off a backstab with a dracolich was a special kind of awesome.

Throwing J.P.'s Hark off the cliff after the day fight. "Body dissipates...body reforms...splat!"

Getting Virid and Nepeta drunk after the draolich fight. "Copper for your thoughts." "I do not require payment for my thoughts."

Accidentally insulting Matron Gyr because her valet is a douche.

And as always hanging with the Gypsies, even when I need to the leave the cabin or cover my ears.

Back