Seeking a Bountiful Harvest

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
The whispered suggestions of the trees brought me to you, and I hope that you can help me. A Bountiful Harvest ritual invigorates the dirt and soil, bolstering it for new potential, and he hopes for me to find one for when the new Spring comes upon us again next year.

In return, I can offer the wisdom of the plants around us, as well as material rewards if you desire such things over the soothing voice of the leaves and grass.

- Gectis

Gectis is an undead monstrosity that actively corrupts nature and destroys the trees. Do not deal with it.

Briar of First Forest

Briar of First Forest,

I still don't understand why you are so hostile to me. Of all people, your kind should appreciate the words of the plants I can hear, and yet you strike at me with hammer, flame, and vicious slander. We just want a Bountiful Harvest to fill the soil with the potential for greater growth; why do you not want that to happen?

- Gectis

Well if you are indeed undead as Briar asserts, unfortunately I cannot speak to the veracity of this claim, I would suspect that it is the Blighted Crop portion of the ritual that you would be after. If that is the case, as I now strongly suspect, you may refer to Squire Victor Von Gryphon on our current undead handling policies.

-Ark

Ark,

You are horribly mistaken. We seek a Bountiful Harvest for its intended purpose of growth, not for the perversion that would sap life from the plants.

- Gectis

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Ark,

You are horribly mistaken. We seek a Bountiful Harvest for its intended purpose of growth, not for the perversion that would sap life from the plants.

- Gectis
We? Are there multiples of you?

What is this thing Briar? Have you fought it before? Is it some kind of undead plant?

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan

Kill it with fire.

-Thorador

It's a skeletal creature with a crystalline vine growing out of its arm. Thorador has the right idea.

Gectis, you sap life from the plants every time you step through the trees. Your very existence drains life from the land. If you actually cared about the land, you would find a way to forsake undeath and return to life. Who is your master, and who taught you to tree-walk?

Briar

Gectis,

As the previous adventurers have stated we will not stand for undead in any form, no matter how noble they believe their intentions to be. Briar has given you the soundest of advice in seeking a way to escape your undeath. Whether you are aware of it or not your current form is corrupting the true nature of things and killing the trees. As a gardener you should appreciate the fact that your current existence is unnatural and in need of cleansing. Seek out your cleansing before you approach us - as any undead or masses of vines controlled by undead that we see will be pruned. Thorador, light the torches.

Squire Victor von Gryphon

Is it an actual undead or an animated skeleton? Because there is a difference. And im not saying it probaly shouldnt be killed, im just curious if its called undead because its sucking the life from other plants or because its proven to be undead.

-Tets

It's undead. It's a walking, talking skeleton that's vulnerable to Earth blades.

Briar

Briar of First Forest,

I have no master, only a father who loves his son, and it was from the plants themselves that I learned how to walk amongst them. With the roots of the berry bush entwined around my lifeless form for so long, the roots and I came to know each other well, and in my slumber they told me secrets of the land they had told no other, not even father. So it was when father returned for me that he embraced his gardener son who had so long been a disappointment. My current state is closer to the plants than ever I was before I accepted father's trial, and to "cleanse" it would break the bond I share with the roots of all that grows and shatter the bonds of family.

Tets, I am displeased by how you say I should be slain without ever even meeting me. I am but a kind gardener, a listener to the plants, and a loyal son.

If you all truly detest me, perhaps I will not venture to meet with you again. I shall search elsewhere for a Bountiful Harvest for him, and perhaps someday meet you all as a friend when you have calmed your fiery words. The winter wind is cold, and the plants around me shiver with dismal words... perhaps springtime will bring a new mood to you all, just as it shall for the plants.

- Gectis

My apologies for speaking of you in the third person.

To whom is it your going to give this ritual to?

-Tets

Tets,

Father has asked me to find the scroll for him, and so I will find the scroll for him.

- Gectis

Who is your father?

Gectiz.

I can not lie I enjoyed helping burn vou last ve meet. To zhow no hard feelingz and az a favor to my Kinder of Autumn friends, I offer vou a gift ov life. I vill provide the zcroll and catalyzst this next market thta Azher may purify vou. If vou do not accept thiz than. Burn it vith fire vill ve the vay ov things. May the eternal embrace of darknezz that is permanant death and vou get along most zoundly.

Dasvidaniya,

Kitaruen Kopanari

Kitaruen, i have a feeling that wouldnt work.

Gectis, where are you from?

-Tets

Kitauren Kopanari,

As I said to Briar, to break the bonds of death upon me would be to break my bonds to my plants and family. As one of the familia, I am sure you could not continue to truly live life if all your familial bonds were torn asunder, and while I respect your offer, you must understand why I decline. Father's love and approval are two things I would not trade for anything; even the warmth of a beating heart.

Tets,

Father is a great man, and I am proud to be his son.

I was born in a dark place in the Valley of Solace many years ago, and as we sat tucked away in father's alcove, we avoided the Corrupt's sweeping waves over the Valley. The damp dirt of the alcove was my first garden and will always hold a cherished place in my mind as my home, and when I was awoken from my ten year slumber, I returned to the place to see father and my childhood home once again.

- Gectis

I feel I need to chime in while I'm still in Gaden.

Felipina
Phillup
Avaranian
Bluerigard
Brustle

These 5 names probably don't mean anything to you. You've probably never heard them spoken. You've probably never cared to listen. Yet, when you tree walked into these 4 trees and 1 shrub, you ended their lives. Never again will Felipina experience the sun on his branches. Never again will Brustle feel the dew upon his leaves and never again will Phillup extend his branches to the sky. You decayed, withered, and destroyed these plants. Corruption spawned from their remains, as if to taunt the life they once had. You say you are a gardener, I say you're a murderer. I painfully heard their cries and felt their sorrow, and as a Child of Autumn, I cut them down once they had been turned into those abominations. Do you even understand the value of life? When a Dryad tree walks, it hurts the tree, but it does not die. You tree walk, and corrupt the tree. You do so freely, and you do so in short distances. You disgust me.

For those you have slain, and those you will eventually, I welcome you back to Hope's Reach this Spring so I may bash your existence right back into the ground you so love.

- Druid Asher

Druid Asher,

I would ask you not to speak to me this way, for you do not know of what you speak. I heard the words of all these five, just as I have heard the whispers of the rest I have called to, and I am sure that I have heard far more than you. There is no corruption of these plants as I traverse the tangling roots through the soil, for this is the time I can hear their words and requests the clearest, the time where the two of us are closer than ever. Each's hopes and dreams are imparted to me; why do the Child of Autumn not embrace me, the gardener who will plant the seeds of these dreams and to nourish them until they blossom into a beautiful future?

- Gectis

Back