Seeking a Bountiful Harvest

I believe that this frigid winter has nearly run its course, soon the glorious Spring shall be upon us. Just as the snow will melt and the ground will thaw, perhaps you will change your mind? Father is still looking for me to obtain a Bountiful Harvest for him, and I once again offer the knowledge of the forest or a significant material reward in exchange for such a scroll. As I said the October night that I met some of you, I do not come to harm you; only to enhance the less-than-fertile soil of father's home in the Valley.

Are there none who will help me?

Please?

- Gectis

Gectis,
It’s taken a winter to achieve clarity, but perhaps what you speak is not ill intentioned. Sure, I was saddened when you used tree walking at your own leisure to corrupt the trees, but perhaps you did not know of what you were doing.
Perhaps you truly are a victim to the purple berries wrapped around your arm. When investigating them they seemed to have a mind of their own. I suspect you’re under the control of whatever this plant is.
When you refer to your father, do you mean your father in your previous, mortal life, prior to the berries or your father after you have awoken?
I do believe your intentions to be true, but your actions do not show a positive outcome for the land, so I doubt many, if any will help you. You’re going to have to tell much more of your previous and new life if you wish for others to help you.
Perhaps you can schedule a meeting with your father and a few adventurers to hear him out. If he has a noble cause in mind, then sure, we may help him assuming it does not involve illegal activity. I merely want to make sure there is no harm to the land and it’s people.
-Sheriff Asher of Hope’s Reach & Deputy Sheriff of Shademarch

Asher,

I do not understand what you mean about father. I have but one father; the great man who raised me is the same father who tasked me to prove my loyalty to him, the same father who awaited my return to him for five long years, and the same father who embraced me upon my awakening. Father says that the completion of my sleep gave life to The Berry Bush that it had not possessed before, with its berries ready to bloom for the first time in history once its roots had consumed my composted body. Fear not, for they do not control me, being but the relic of my bond to Growth and my oath to father.

I am afraid speaking to father now is a little difficult. Winter's grasp has father held rooted beneath the snow for now, but come Spring when the ground thaws, he can emerge to speak to you. If you would like to meet with me to speak, winter has weakened me as well, though the trees jutting from the snow grant me enough movement to remain active. I wish father could be so lucky.

- Gectis

Hi, Gectis! We haven't met before, but I bet we'd be best friends because I'm purple just like you and your friendly berries. Don't worry about the others, they just get scared when they meet purple things they don't know yet. >:| Especially when you're purple with other purple things growing on you. But I'm sure we can all be buddies.

It must be nice to have a dad who waited for you during your sleep. I woke up all alone until my big brother found me, and then I got to meet my whole family later. Is your dad an Elder? I guess I don't know which one is my actual dad, though. My Elder Gimble taught me to walk through spores the way you can walk through trees... but he says if you do it without an Elder helping you, it hurts the plants! The mushrooms are always really happy to help, even though sometimes it hurts them to let us travel through them. I just make sure I'm careful so they don't die and then they can grow back big and strong later! But I always know Gimble is there to help. Can your dad tree-walk too? Sometimes you don't know you're hurting the plants, because they're so happy to help their friends, but if everyone tree-walks all the time it's bad for the forest. Like, when city people ride their horses around on paths made from big piles of tiny rocks if only a few horses are there and they poop all over the road, it's not that bad, but then if a MILLION horses pooped all over the road then no one could use it anymore, because the horses wouldn't be able to walk on the poop-road anymore. Right? Because of the... Like the trees? Except that poop helps things grow and stuff or something. What was I talking about? Anyway. You should be careful about tree-walking is what I'm saying. The Elders know about this stuff.

You want a bountiful harvest scroll to make everything grow up big and fruity! I don't have one, so sorry about that. But how good is your dad at casting Earth magic? If you want the best harvest, you should find the best Earth caster EVER, and get THAT guy to cast the scroll for you. Asher is really super good at Earth magic, so I bet if you asked him and you had a scroll, he would give you the best bountiful harvest in the whole forest. Maybe you could work something out!

Anyway, I hope we can meet your dad in the spring, since I'm sure he's a super nice guy who just wants to preserve the forest like the rest of us. Be nice to trees! They are your friends!

--Dagmara

Dagmara,

Unfortunately, the recollection of Asher is not entirely correct, for my berries are green, though their inner juice is fairly purple. Regardless of my berries' color, I am sure we can still be good friends.

It is nice to have father in my life again.
I am not sure what you mean about father being an "Elder"... he is elder than myself, of course, for he is my father after all. In my childhood, I must admit that I was a bit of a disappointment to him, being a bit clumsy and never able to succeed at whatever he desired me to, though we have definitely made our amends over the last seven months since I was awakened and now he is proud of his son for the first time in many years. He does not step through the plants as I do, for the ground is his preferred method of moving across the countryside, but he still is pleased with how the roots of the land and I have become one.

Father is very skilled in the earthen magics, being so heavily in sync with the earth, and I am sure that he shall have no issue in casting the Bountiful Harvest to extraordinary results, though I shall ask father if he would like Asher to assist. Enhancing the soil of father's home should make him feel a bit better, and I'm sure some help bolstering father's dirt wouldn't go amiss.

- Gectis

Back