Seeking gear!

p.richard

Scholar
Landfall people,

Thousand Bones needs axes. Two of them. Short axes would be prefered. But Bones doesn't have the needed coin to pay you. You normally charge... 4 silver per axe? Yeah, Bones only has 12 copper. Bones needs some weapons to match his swords, but Bones is unsure how to work that. Are their merchants in your town that like to barter? I can trade my services for two Axes. Let me trade!

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eyes

I will have my friend Eric, build you two axes on Friday. He is the best smith in these lands and I swear by his steel. As for the money, don't worry about it. If you haven't made enough to pay for them by the end of the weekend, then I will cover the costs myself. I prefer people armed.
-Alcandar

Alcander, you are wise to aid me in this. Give an experienced Orc some weapons and you will have many dead enemies in your wake. I am still curious as to know why these 'Kin and Minotaurs are troubling you, not to mention the Necromancers.

The anticipation of the coming slaughter is almost too much to bare! I sense much glory in the future, my potential ally!

Hey Thousand Bones. I'm Luke Bluwolf. I look forward to having you by our side in battle. Allow me to help give you a better idea of our enemies.

The Harkonian empire is one built on the conquest of territory and slavery of others. Their society is based around it, so without slavery their empire cannot thrive. Necromancy is a tool they will use to accomplish their goals. To them it's just another school of magic they can harness. They don't care or take notice of the consequences. One thing that's so unnerving about our horned enemies of the Harkonian empire is that their acts of wickedness are very casual. They don't see themselves as wicked or lacking. Our enemies have been here for a very long time before we arrived to declare war upon them, so to them we are the ones invading a territory they claimed.

On the topic of gear, please let us know if you require potions, scrolls, or alchemy. As Alcander said we want to ensure everybody is properly equipped.

Last edited:
Interesting. An empire built on conquest is a desirable place to be in. But slavery? Necromancy? Tyranny? These Harkonians will suffer at the end of my blades. My mother once told me that necromancy goes against the flow of our natural world. I think we all know this. But she also told me legends of a thing called a Necrovoid. When too much necromancy is cast in an area, then the left over effects slowly begin to gather, causing a giant... um... hole? or a ball? or something like that... and this "hole" or "void" begins to corrupt the area around it. We can't let them do that. If they do, then we are all in more danger than you could imagine. Or... it could just be a silly story my mother once told me.

As for scrolls, HA! I don't read. Nor will I ever care to read. Potions and Elixirs? HA! Keep them for your healers and Mages. I use the armor on my back and the weapons in my hands. Those are all I need. If I drop, then shove a potion down my throat if need be. But I won't hold onto anything I don't need to. And Alchemy? No. Poisons are for the underhanded; those who have no honor in battle. They may help my allies in times of need and I respect that. But I will never use them. I would rather just be in the front of battle, hacking down our enemies; watching their blood splatter on my face and their entrails fall to the ground as food for the crows.

Hello 1000 Bones,
My name is Orin Sylvanus, and while I have never heard the word your mother used, as a Dryad I am very close to the earth and among our people it is known that Chaos magics/Necromancy will harm the earth, making it barren and unlivable, void of all life if you will. We have already seen Chaos Elementals try to take advantage of the weakened state of the Golden Horn and overrun the land. We pushed them back recently, but the continued use of Necromancy can only make this place seem more to their liking.

I look forward to meeting you in person and offer you an after battle cookie if you like.

Orin, well met. Chaos Magic and Necromancy... my mother versed me well in these magics. The ability to bind a person's soul inside their body and force them into an abominable husk of their former selves... Those who use such magic must die. Your land's own laws say so and I will gladly abide.

A battle cookie? A very odd war trophy, but I think I can manage your customs. I look forward to meeting you as well, Dryad Orin Sylvanus.

If Alcandar won't keep you armed, I certainly will. More folk on the front lines with me (or, well, perhaps in front of me at the moment) is always a good plan. I'm Prashka-Myevka and I'll be the noisy one, and probably the easiest person to find in town.

Back