Seeking information

tets

I am looking to learn information about the empire and each of the providences.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

~Tets

you might want to talk with Asher Oakheart, he might be able to provide some of the information you're looking for.

Iganeous

Tets,

The Empire is another plane that's decided it's taking over the Sheltered Lands. Doesn't seem that much different from the king of Gaden saying he's in charge except that anyone who doesn't bow down to the Emperor gets killed. Each of the Provinces are connected somehow and right now the Empire is trying to connect our plane as the next province. Their magisters use an odd form of magic with 9 different schools, as opposed to the 2 we have.

Province 1 is The Capitol. This is where the Emperor and all the most important people of the Empire live as far as I can tell.
Province 2 is called The Haven if I remember right. It's a plane of life and essence and I have no issue with anything I've seen from Province 2. Life magisters are far more capable in combat than you'd expect on account of their entangling spell. I think the Empire gets a lot of its food from farms in The Haven.
Province 3 is The Pit. It's a poisonous muddy little hole where the people are forced to mine and work despite the fact that it's barely possible to survive there. Don't try to breathe the air.
I don't remember what Province 4 is called, but it has a series of islands and lots of odd plants - sweet citrus fruits and the like. Mind-controlling slugs called yeccas live in the waters there.
Province 5 is The Crypt. It's full of death, undeath, and perverse imitations of life. They grow blighted crops and create undead with their Death magic.

Briar of First Forest

Well.. Now I know too.. Hehe, I've been traveling these lands and I never really knew where I was going. Probably north, but I can't read maps so it's nice to have some idea of where I'm going at least.
--Nellis Tomnick

Last edited:
Nellis,

You be from Empire?!

-Cho Ko Nu

You no be from Gaden, Roskaria, or Pratorak? Any these sound right?

-Cho Ko Nu

(Please remember to sign your post as whichever character is speaking)

You no be from Gaden, Roskaria, or Pratorak? Any these sound right?

-Cho Ko Nu

A friendly reminder Cho Ko Nu, it is possible that he has travelled here from other lands than the Sheltered Lands. Or that he lives in some secluded colony somewhere in the Western Wilds or the Southern Plains. I in fact did not come from any of the three nations you mentioned, but was born deep in the mountains.

Just because he isn't from the nations in the Sheltered Lands doesn't mean he is from the Empire by default.

Also Briar, your knowledge of the provinces is commendable. To fill in the blank so to speak, Province 4 is referred to as Harbor's Far.

Kamp nos bravaz, lyvvam nos glorak

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan

Has he got them funny purple tattoos on 'is face? That's how I was told ya tell if someone's from that "Empire," and if 'e does, we should send 'em straight ta Duke Idden ta be arrested. Buncha invadin' dirtbags says the Duke.

- Morris Ment

Has he got them funny purple tattoos on 'is face? That's how I was told ya tell if someone's from that "Empire," and if 'e does, we should send 'em straight ta Duke Idden ta be arrested. Buncha invadin' dirtbags says the Duke.

- Morris Ment

During the brief time that I saw him, his face was void of such tattoos, so unless he's found some extraordinarily way to conceal them, he's probably not from the Empire. Trust me, if he was from the Empire, I'da sent him back there meself.

An' in case any of you Imperial lowlives are listening to this, I hope that you and yer oh so precious Emperor choke on yer roasted yecca!

Kamp nos bravas, lyvvam nos glorak,

I’m no friend to the Imperial Majesty of the Empire, but showing hatred of all who bare the purple mark is a bit extreme. Not all of these people are fighting on the side of the Emperor. There are those actively fighting to end his rule on the Provinces he also conquered. I would urge people not to simply outright attack those baring the mark unless there is a clear distinction they are part of an assault group.
But that’s just my opinion. Duke Idden declared the Empire an enemy; which I fully support. However not everyone living in the Empire is “the Empire”.
- Asher Oakheart
Druid of Serenity Among Discord

I’m no friend to the Imperial Majesty of the Empire, but showing hatred of all who bare the purple mark is a bit extreme. Not all of these people are fighting on the side of the Emperor. There are those actively fighting to end his rule on the Provinces he also conquered. I would urge people not to simply outright attack those baring the mark unless there is a clear distinction they are part of an assault group.
But that’s just my opinion. Duke Idden declared the Empire an enemy; which I fully support. However not everyone living in the Empire is “the Empire”.
- Asher Oakheart
Druid of Serenity Among Discord

Whilst I appreciate your wisdom Asher, I've yet to meet someone in the Sheltered Lands who was from the Empire and was not either hostile to us, previously hostile to us, or who was later hostile to us. I do not deny that there may be some who are our friends, however I am not so quick to trust as it seems others have. I have heard tales of what Pox did and yet we freely consorted with him this July, we trusted Adrian, blackmailed him, and now he is our enemy. Any other magister I've encountered has been extremely hostile. The only Imperial creatures I've seen and trust moderately are Lifescales. Everything else has proven itself not worthy of my trust, therefore it is not worthy of my respect and it has no right putting itself on my soil.

The way I see it, the Imperials are like goblins. I remember Jane's promise that they'd cease their assaults on us. A year later? They're back on the warpath. We've trusted Imperials before and they've all turned out to be enemies. I'm sure that the citizens are innocent occasionally, but I'd seek proof of such an occurrence before I blindly trust someone who had a mark upon their face. Until then, I'll keep recommending Imperial tourists to take the scenic route of the Sheltered Lands through Corrupt Territory.

Kamp nos bravak, lyvvam nos glorak

Last edited:
You guys! Thorgrim! You're not being very nice. Asher's right, you shouldn't be mean to people just because they have purple on their faces. Some of my best friends are purple. >:| Also that would be like if my good buddy Asher did something sometime and some people died, like maybe eleven or so of them, and then someone was all Dagmara! I saw you talking to that Asher guy like you're all friends and stuff and then my best buddy died and ALSO YOU'RE PURPLE HERE'S A BIG PUNCH IN THE FACE YOU DUMB PURPLE! Because I'm getting punched for something my big brother did and I didn't stop it hard enough. Or like if someone was maybe mad because someone or two or several went to the cops about a thing and got all their best friends yelled at by a scary duck, just a random example don't know why I thought of that, and then some mean person said Thorador! Your name sounds just like Thorgrim so here's A PUNCH. And then they punch Thorador and all the other Thors, and also everyone wearing the same color as the scary duck, and also a squirrel because it was outside when it happened, plus all the high orcs because they have the same face color as goblins and they can't tell the difference BECAUSE THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME! They have a word for that, Thorgrim, an ugly word. It's called, you're being a mean old butthead.

Also, the Empire could have been nice guys, maybe they just wanted a whole lot more friends and to enforce their friendship legally. They just want you to sit down in front of the scary ones just like that duck and all the other crazy people from Gaden. The Emperor sounds like he's way big and strong and the best at everything, I bet there's plenty of people who don't want to get killed by his guys by fighting a war against him. Anyway, that Pox guy didn't even do anything mean last time we saw him, and if you blackmailed Adrien I don't see why you expected him to like you after. Like, I would be pretty mad if someone was all, Purple Stuff! Commit yourself some nice treason or I'll tell everyone how fat you are! And also punch you. And I don't know what you mean about slime, it's stinky and makes you slip and fall when you're running through wet caves at night. Or during the day, it's all sort of the same down here.

--Dagmara Glueckspilz

....Thank you Dagmara, for your...umm, insight and ...reason?

-Asher

I understand what you mean about my associating people together. But as Sorceror Yenith demonstrated to me last market day, everyone is associated with a group of people. Whether or not that is right is up for debate. But I haven't seen a reason to trust any of them, so I won't. I wish not to anger anyone else, so I'll refrain from making any more comments on the subject.

Kamp nos bravak, lyvvam nos glorak,

Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan

Thorgrim,

It would be wise not to continue to pervasively generalize and create false conceptualizations related to negative-stigmatization of those who you do not have the capacity to understand. Your continued perseveration of the irrational thought that those who look different or think differently than you deserve to be "Punched", as Dagmara so poetically illustrated, is unfounded and only perpetuates the axiom that adventurers lack the foresight to understand the implications of their actions.

Lastly, any threat towards the goblins within the Valley of Solace, who are newly finding themselves upon the path towards reconciliation, only draws me towards the irrevocable counter-point to respond in kind.

May the Darastrix guide your steps until they bring us the dawn once again,

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Historian and Seeker of the Lost Lore of the Sheltered Lands
Mage and Guildmaster of the Hope's Reach and Shademarch Cadres, Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

Well.. I'm glad I got a conversation going...! May of almost got me arrested but I learned a bit.. hehe.. But I don't have any purple tattoos, the closest thing I got to anything noticeable has to be my antler scar on the left side of my neck that splits around my ear! But I usually keep it covered with my hood as most people feel obligated to question my on the story--which I must say is rather tiresome to tell.
--Nellis Tomnick

Last edited:
i agree one should judge others not only by their words but also by their actions, and not as a group but as seperate persons. for in my travels i have found judging a whole group by the acts of a few can be a mistake in many cases.

Iganeous

Back