Seeking local contacts

PirateFox

Scholar
Greetings from beyond the mists,

After some careful testing of the mists by way of sending drunken sailors through, I am confident I can navigate my ship to your lands. As such, myself and one of our local noble-sorts will be making the trek for the sake of exploration, diplomacy, and trade early next month.

The main purpose of this missive is that I wanted to introduce myself and my traveling companion and seek out both lodging and contacts for when we arrive, as well as gain some insight into what we are sailing into. Additionally, I would need to know where to dock the boat. Nearby water is not required, but is likely preferred.

I am Captain Lagarde of the Salty Vixen and my companion is Baron Egil Nordheim of Bayenna. Beyond finding lodging, we would like to schedule a meeting with whoever the influential and talkative members of town might be so that we can discuss possible treaties or simple trade agreements.

If you would like to converse privately, please send missives addressed to the Salty Vixen and my crew will see that they reach either myself or the baron. Please do not feed any crew members accepting said missives. Many of them bite.

Thank you for your time,
Captain Lagarde Rhoade

Captain Rhoade-

Though the coming gathering is likely to be rather busy I look forward to meeting you and Baron Nordheim. Our lands are in the midst of a war and additional trading partners are always welcome. I am sure that we can arrange for accommodations for you and anyone with whom you travel. However you should be aware that as an adventuring town few people feel the need to stand on ceremony. If your noble companion desires an audience with my liege please have him contact me directly so that I can make the proper arrangements, confirm his bonafides, and Ambassadorial Writ (as the case may be).
You may dock your ship away from the shore near the city of Valbrough, be aware we have experienced some small issues with river pirates.

Travel safely,
Sir Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Sir Mathis,

Thank you for your replies. Wars seem terribly common these days across the lands I've visited, but all the more reason to make contact across the mists. Any assistance with accommodations will be greatly appreciated.

I am actually quite relieved to hear that ceremony is not a matter of high importance. I believe that will be a relief to my traveling companion as well, as his lands are often rather informal and too much formality tends to chafe. I will let him speak to the matter of who all he needs to speak with when he returns from his current outing. For myself, it is largely whoever can negotiate foreign trade without getting into trouble for doing so.

My ship will dock at the location you mentioned. Pirates are not much of a concern. If they find a way to board the boat while we are inland, the problem will resolve itself before we return. The ship protects itself far better than I can.

Much thanks,
Lagarde Rhoade

Back