Seeking Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goos12

After talking to a few more individual Goos left the portal room and heads towards the Conclave-Penta...
Once there he approaches the first person he sees that looks like they might be a caster. "Hey you!" He shouts. "I need to make this hammer stronger, can you do that or who do i talk to to do so?"

Goos has been here many time over the last 2 Month while doing his squire duties, but each time that he's here it still makes him very nervous.

a meek little Aspirant jumps back when Goos makes his presence know...

"uhm, master Goos, oh, yes, uhm, certainly, uhm I believe so, uhm, let me see if an Adeptus-Major or Magus is available to you."

The little human scurries off deeper into the Conclave-Penta, leaving Goos standing in a bustling corridor.

With his many trips into the Conclave-Penta the past few months to accompany Az'Caine as part of his squire duties, he has never seen or "felt" so much nervous tension in the Arcane Sanctum. Something is definatley stiring up the Conclave-Penta. It is not a good omen......

While waiting Goos finally look around and realize that there are people with discerning looks on their face...
"What is going on around here" He thought to himself. "This cannot be a good sign, I need to hurry. my friend needs me."

As he stare down the many hallways the weight of the situation is starting to dawn upon him... with and aspirated sigh he finds a chair to sit down and wait.

The little Aspirant made his way quickly down the steps, bowling over another Sanctum Aspirant in his path. Papers flew all around and the two picked themselves off the ground.

He didn't stop to help his fellow out, just headed straight towards Goos. "uhm, Master Goos, uhm, ah, the Magus has ordered me to take you to the North Spire. Uh, well, uhm, you are to speak to Adeptus Major Farr'Shen. He's a War-Mage of great reknown and power.. uhm, he's a Saar if that really makes a difference, uhm, well, I kinda guess not, ah well, yes, then we should get going. Try not to say anything to uhm, offend him, please. It would be bad, well, really bad. Try to ah, well, not be yourself. I MEAN, uhm, crap, ah. Just be polite. The Adeptus Major is a busy man. If you think the Arch Mage is quick to anger, boy, you should see they Adeptus Major..."

The aspirant begins to turn away, then briefly pauses, and turns nearly colliding with Goos. "oh, and if you have any uhm, mint, you know like peppermint or some such thing, best throw it away before we get 1000 yards from the Adeptus Major. It again would be bad. I hope you know exactly what ritual you want, ah, he does not like to dilly dally"

Again, without even waiting to see if Goos is following, the Aspirant turns and makes his way to the North Spire thinking to himself "I now understand all the extra training we have to do, all that running is really paying off...."

Goos looks at the boy. "I know what I want so let's get a move on." As they make their way towards the North Spire the only thought that ran in Goos mind is that of his friend. He may be a ruler to all these people but to Goos he's a friend and blood brother, the person who taught him how to strike an enemy at their vital parts.

"The sooner I can get this done, the faster I can get out of here and be on my way." He said as they continue to walk. Fiddling with his coin pouch he wonders if he has enough resources to get himself a horse, but that will have to wait until this is complete.

The Initiate quickly made his way to the North Tower, home of the Templars, the War Sages, of the Arcane Sanctum. He steadied himself, took another deep breath and then pushed open the heavy iron door that lead to the lower level and the training grounds. Abruptly the sound of metal ringing on metal could be heard. Training was going on in full. To Goos it looked as though every War Sage in Calandonia was here, honing their craft with both blade and spell.

The Initiate immediately turned right and stayed close to the wall, obviously uncomfortable with the heavy armoured fighting happening mere meters away. His destination seemed fairly clear, the raised dais where a mighty Lion Saar stood, observing the fracas below. He stood a head taller than even the largest WarSage, easily standing over 2m tall! His massive mane framing his stern face and piercing eyes. Although he looked as though he was intently staring at a specific group, those that knew him understand that nothing escapes his gaze.

As the Initiate approached the dais, Adeptus Major Farr'Shen barely even moved his eyes, but he knew Goos and the Initiate approached. He turned slightly and gave a quick, almost unperceived nod of acknowledgement to them. Goos could see the blazing red breastplate under the Arcane Sanctum tabard and noticed the massive greatsword off to Adeptus Major Farr'Shen's right side, then he realized just how massive the arms and claws were of the Adeptus Major and wondered why he would even bother with such a weapon.

"What is it boy?" Faar'Shen asked, his tone filled with more stress and anger than normal, even for a Saar.

"Well, uhm, ah, this uhm, this is Master Goos, squire to the King. He has asked for some rituals to be cast upon his hammer and uh, well, uhm, sir, the Magus Prime told us to seek you out and...." the Initiate stammered, obviously terrified of Adeptus Major Farr'Shen.

"ENOUGH!" roared Faar'Shen and the Initiate fainted... a small smile creeped across Faar'Shen's face.... he turned to stare down at Goos "Well boy, what do you need?" he asked through gritted teeth and fangs.

In the last few months that he had accompanied the Arch Mage to the Conclave-Penta he has never been down here. The ringing of steel from practice combat made his hand itch for battle. Looking up he see the Lion Saar standing above everyone else. He can see why this Saar commands respects.

"I will not waste any more of your time, I would like to make it so that my hammer will hit harder and that no one can destroy it." " The sooner this can be done, the soon I can get out of your fur."

With that Goos held up the hammer that has been with him since he was 12. "Please..."

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Roared Farr'Shen. "I like a man who understands when it is time to fight and time to show respect." His smile widened showing an impressive row of fangs and teeth. He reached out to take the hammer. It looked very small in his enormous paws. "I think we can do something for a squire of the King and Az'Caine's little shadow. He's spoken of you and your growing skills. He must see some potential in you for you to last this long accompanying him around the Realm. Very well, come with me to our Circle of Power. You will have to enter it I'm afraid, rituals such as these require the person who will be weilding the weapon to be holding it."

The Adeptus Major stepped over the poor initiate who had still not recovered from his initial shock, a small chuckle eminates from Farr'Shen. Moving into the North Tower he makes his way to the top floor. This is open to the sky above. From here Goos can see the Circle as well as look down upon Calanhelm. Goos notes that the central spire, that one home of the ArchMage still looms above even this high perch.

Farr'Shen moves to a unremarkable chest, whispers a word to it and an audible 'click' can be heard. He rummages through several ritutal scrolls and locates the 2 he is seeking. Grabbing several reagents, he moves to the Circle and motions Goos to enter. "The Circle Reckognizes Goos" he states. Farr'Shen then sits cross legged and waits for Goos to enter"....

Magic and everything in does still makes Goos very uncomfortable but this has to be done for what he wants. Accepting the Adeptus Major invitation Goos enters the circle and sits down.

"Thank you and whenever you are ready" Holding on to his Hammer he sits and wait.

The Adeptus Major begins the first of his 2 rituals. Goos can feel the power drawn from all around and his hair begins to stand on end. He shivers unexpectantly as pulses of power move all around the Circle. The Adpetus Major's eyes close and he begins to wave his hands in symetrical patterns about the reagents and the weapon. This lasts several minutes although Goos begins to lose track of time.

Goos looks up briefly and even though it is daytime, he can see several stars winking above the Circle, almost calling to him. Several pulses of energy decend from them and strike both he and his hammer.

"Speak the Element you wish to empower your weapon with" Farr'Shen whispers, nearly inaudible.

Goos hears a voice speak but at the monent he does not know where it's coming from all he sees and feel is his hammer. Goos starts to remember his upbring in the frigid winters and the many hunting trips with his tribe.

"Cold as the winter" He whispered. "Let my enemy feel the wrath of my homeland"

"Ice it is then" Farr'Shen whispers...

A frost begins to form on the Hammer, but Goos feels not the cold sting. Goos can see his hands turning blue but still feels no cold, only the tingling in the air as ice crystals form inside the Circle.

"as the ice receeds like a Glacier moving back to reveal a fertile land, so too will you hammer contain the Ice of your homelands. This comes with another benefit Goos, your Hammer, although filled with the power of Ice, will never be as brittle as it. The next ritual will see that this hammer will never break, no matter what is cast upon it or how hard an enemy hits it"

With that the Adeptus Major begins his next casting. Again, Goos can feel the tingle of celestial magic in the Circle and he has the distinct taste of copper in his mouth as if he had a Crow lodged under his tongue.

Miniutes pass and once again the stars twinkle when there should be none and his he can feel the power surging into the Hammer.

Farr'Shen opens his eyes and speaks only two words "Name it"......

As the two words rang in Goos ears, the only word that came to mind, an ancient word of his family that describe the most bitter cold.

"SOIC" He called.

"SOIC it is then!" proclaimed Farr'Shen. "With that, the rituals are complete. You may leave the Circle." As Goos begins to stand Farr'Shen puts a paw in his shoulder and looks him dead in the eyes. "Running off will only lead to your death. Patience, youngling, patience. I too would rather gather the might of the WarSages and march directly into the Breach! But we must temper our emotions. Trust me, this is as difficult for me as it is you. I see the fire in your eyes. Stay in the city for the time being, I beseach you. When the time comes, we would welcome you and SOIC with us as we march upon the Breach."

With those final words Adeptus Major Farr'Shen removes his paw and sends Goos on his way. He stands and looks out upon the city. "Master Az'Caine, may the stars keep you safe." he whispers into the wind. "And if they cannot, be assured that vengence will be had upon those that took you from us."

Taking the Adeptus Major word into serious consideration, Goos finally leave the circle. "Thank you for the gifts Adeptus Major, I will wait on your words as to when we march."

Shaking his head clear of all that happened Goos heads to the gate. "Let's get some swings in, don't want to be too rusty when the time comes to fight." Goos thought to himself. Fighting some goblins or wild beasts should break in SOIC nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back